Home General Discussion

Help with a wedding cigar

MessickMessick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86
my sister is getting married and i am in charge of cigars. The wedding will be a pretty plush event with many regular cigar smokers present. Anyway ii am looking for a nice medium to medium full bodied cigar with more of the nutty, chocolate, or light sweet taste and not as much pepper. I was looking at Avo xo, kristoff maduro, and AB tempus maduro. When i ran them by my wife she looked at the price and was worried but not upset, yet. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Also does anybody know anything about the padilla's on sale this weekend?

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    I say call the beard. Tell him your doing the wedding sticks and what your looking for. I am sure he will get you a box of some steller sticks for the money your looking to spend. CCOM is good like that.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    could always email the beard and see if he can throw something together for you ;)
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    firetruckguy:
    I say call the beard. Tell him your doing the wedding sticks and what your looking for. I am sure he will get you a box of some steller sticks for the money your looking to spend. CCOM is good like that.
    lol beat me to it by like 1 second :P
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hey Messic.. You will probably get a dozen suggestions for the perfect wedding cigar each one reflecting a personal preference. I like Avo, Griffins, anything Fuentes, and Camachos, but each one for a different reason and my opion will vary greatly from others here.

You say that there are many regular cigar smokers at the event so they can appreciate a quality cigar regardles of what name is one the box. Stick to a nice medium bodied cigar. The ones you have in mind all appeal to me as I am sure they will appeal to many.

I will smoke any cigar that is gifted to me and be thankful for the consideration. Don't go broke, but don't look for cheap... there is not one cigar that will appeal to everybody.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    LFD AIRBENDER.
    seriously.
    it is medium in body and one of the most popular cigars on the market. it consistently gets high ratings and it is not all that expensive.

the LFD brand is respected and recognized by all. many non smokers i know even enjoy this cigar.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    kuzi16:
    LFD AIRBENDER.
    seriously.
    it is medium in body and one of the most popular cigars on the market. it consistently gets high ratings and it is not all that expensive.

the LFD brand is respected and recognized by all. many non smokers i know even enjoy this cigar.
    +1
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Fuente 8-5-8 Cameroon would be my suggestion. Great flavor, nuts and fruit and wood, medium bodied, decent size.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    La Gloria Cubana.

• Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    I'd recommend Padron 3000. A box is about $100, it's a well-known & high quality brand, and it's not a nicotine bomb.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    5 vegas gold maduro is a good stick that looks awesome in the box. Nice and mild-med and boxes are resonable. Have fun at the wedding.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    +1 on the 5V Gold Maduro....great choice for a wide array. Also nothing wrong with picking up a second box of something with a little more body. Something then for both ends of the taste range. Some good boxes can be had for VERY reasonable prices.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Messick:
    my sister is getting married and i am in charge of cigars. The wedding will be a pretty plush event with many regular cigar smokers present. Anyway ii am looking for a nice medium to medium full bodied cigar with more of the nutty, chocolate, or light sweet taste and not as much pepper. I was looking at Avo xo, kristoff maduro, and AB tempus maduro. When i ran them by my wife she looked at the price and was worried but not upset, yet. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Also does anybody know anything about the padilla's on sale this weekend?

Sounds like you just described the Drew Estates Tabak Especial -
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    gmill880:
    Messick:

I respectfully disagree. ;-) Sounded like a Fuente to me. Cameroon, nutty, light sweet, medium bodied. Almost a Hemingway but the regular line would pass.
    ^ Yep. That's why I recommended the 858 Cameroon. Plus, Arturo Fuente is a name known by both cigar smokers and non-smokers alike, which I have found matters to some degree when a large group of non-regular smokers are included.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    Messick:

I respectfully disagree. ;-) Sounded like a Fuente to me. Cameroon, nutty, light sweet, medium bodied. Almost a Hemingway but the regular line would pass.

Guess I couldn't get past the Chocolate and sweet taste part ... thats definitly Tabak territory , I guess I just never think of Fuente as chocolatey but then again I don't think the Tabak is full bodied either so your suggestion may be better . The Tabaks just put me in a really good mood ... ; ) .
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    Messick:

Guess I couldn't get past the Chocolate and sweet taste part ... thats definitly Tabak territory , I guess I just never think of Fuente as chocolatey but then again I don't think the Tabak is full bodied either so your suggestion may be better . The Tabaks just put me in a really good mood ... ; ) .
    Yeah, but the Tabak's chocolate and sweetness don't come from the tobacco... they come from the artificial elements introduced...
  • MessickMessick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86
    I will try and find an airbender and fuente cameroon to try out. Any specific size on the airbender?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Messick:
    I will try and find an airbender and fuente cameroon to try out. Any specific size on the airbender?
    any of them really. i think the weakest of the line is the Valiente and the strongest is the Chisel. if i cant find the Chisel i usually go for the Maestro.
    that being said, the difference in enjoyment between the best and the worst is very small. this is one of the few cigars that i can think of that is pretty much awesome in any size.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    Messick:

Don't get me wrong, I like a Tabak every once in a while but I can't smoke them all the time. In my opinion, the flavor of the tobacco sucks even though the other infused flavors are good. The only infused cigar that I found that I liked the tobacco flavor was Isle de Sol. It was much better than I thought it would be.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    kuzi16:
    Messick:
    any of them really. i think the weakest of the line is the Valiente and the strongest is the Chisel. if i cant find the Chisel i usually go for the Maestro.
    that being said, the difference in enjoyment between the best and the worst is very small. this is one of the few cigars that i can think of that is pretty much awesome in any size.
    CAO La Triv and Oliva V also seem to pull off the 'All vitola are good' trifecta.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I wish I had a lot of cigar smokers in my family, sadly I'm the only one. However for a wedding cigar, not sure if I would recommend a special one. At mine I had a dc anni cigar and I couldn't really enjoy it, just too much going on. From what you wanted from the cigar I can give you one that I think a lot of people would agree on. The camacho triple maduro. Also a padron 26 maduro or even an 80th maduro would be a great choice, however the 80th is a bit pricey. CAO has the brizilia which is another nice flavorful smoke. I personally didn't enjoy the air bender, maybe the maddy is more to my liking but that remains to be seen. LFD makes a great, great ligero, I love the 500's. Also if you can find them the double ligero chisel maduro is terrific cigar.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    You should really *** with people and get a box of Fuente's "It's a GIRL!" cigars... That would HILARIOUS!
  • MessickMessick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86
    that's funny. I would never here the end of it