Home General Discussion

A Change of taste.

RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
When I started smoking gar's I pretty much started right off with maduros and med- full sticks. But lately I've been finding that I really enjoy the mild- med sticks as long as they have ample flavor. Is this a normal expierence I wonder?

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Yep, that's normal. When I first started it was only Connecticuts, then maduros, then super full bodied sticks, and then milder bends. Now it can be anything, it just depends on my mood/time of day.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Yeah, similarly, I go through phases where I smoke a bunch of maduros, or a bunch of dark, dirty Nicaraguans, or nothing but mild Connecticuts. Right now I'm into a little bit of everything.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Like Russ, when I started it was mostly Connies and coronas. Next Robustos and Maduros. Then I found this place and it was anything and everything. Samplers, trades, contests, and reading all the comments from fellow smokers here helped me discover what my favored cigars were.

You will find that many cigars that you love today will become cigars you can live without, and ones you thought you would never like will become your must have favorites. I enjoy that search for the perfect cigar.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Man...I'm righ there with ya!!!! I loved maduros for a long time. I still do like a good maduro! But i have found myself really enjoying the more medium sticks. The corojo wrappers or habano stuff. I like the flavors and how well everything blends. A good medium sticks with great flavors that is smooth has been what I've been smoking lately.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I started with Corojo wrappers and realized quickly that they were too spicy when you coupled them with my bad habit (at the time) of smoking to quickly. Once I slowed down, I moved toward bigger ring maduros. My palate still leans toward a fuller bodied / flavored smoke but there are some mild sticks I enjoy. I think I enjoy a good stick, regardless of body. Many mild sticks have such a delicate profile that they taste like burning hay so that's why I lean toward the medium and full stuff. On the contrary, give me an RP Signature or Bolivar Petit Corona any day.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Man it varies from blend to blend.
    Some smokes I really love and don't bother me too much like the MOW PA. Then Some smokes kill me like the Cain Maddy.

I just try to play it safe and smoke medium sticks all the time.
    I've never really gotten into cigars that I can make me ill.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    there was a thread a while back about the theory of personal evolution of the taste of cigars.
    well... that wasnt the actual thread; that is what it turned into. it started out to be a thread about The Punisher just before it came out. if you read through that thread, you will see that what you are going through fits right into that theory.

CLICK

this is also in my " Developing your Palate" thread
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    kuzi16:
    there was a thread a while back about the theory of personal evolution of the taste of cigars.
    well... that wasnt the actual thread; that is what it turned into. it started out to be a thread about The Punisher just before it came out. if you read through that thread, you will see that what you are going through fits right into that theory.

CLICK

this is also in my " Developing your Palate" thread
    Thanks for the link Kuzi very informative explains much plus I didn't know that about the Ligero now I understand why some sticks burn differently even though they come out of the same humi. How you can remember all these threads is beyond me brother but you always seem to know where to point someone for an answer to their question.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Rhamlin:
    How you can remember all these threads is beyond me brother but you always seem to know where to point someone for an answer to their question.
    im fairly sure its because i have way too much time on my hands.
    i use that time to digest everything cigar that i can.