Home General Discussion

Bugatti B-1 Lighter - Any reviews...

cdr.wileycdr.wiley Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
Just picked up the B-1 off the sprint sale for less than $20... Googled reviews seem mainly positive but was wondering if anyone had any personal experience... Let me know what you think...

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Yeah, mine won't stay lit anymore. Have only used 5 times refined butane in it and it died probably within 6 months.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Very nice single torch. I've had one now for closing on two years and it has performed flawlessly the whole time. The punch cutters are a nice addition for when you want to travel light and not carry a cutter or separate punch. My only complaint, and this is quite minor, is the size of the fuel tank, I've found it to be sufficient for about 5-6 cigars providing for a few touch-ups and/or relights. Really a solid lighter though, I'm very happy with mine and think you'll be happy with yours. Good luck and welcome aboard.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    my review is about the same as joes. two years and going strong.
    rwheelwright:
    Yeah, mine won't stay lit anymore. Have only used 5 times refined butane in it and it died probably within 6 months.
    did you try blowing it out with pressurized air?
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    Ive had mine since last xmas...love that lighter..havent used it much since I bought a Xikar a few months back...but the B-1 still fires up when I need it.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Great very reliable lighter with a pretty decent sized fuel tank compared to other small single flame lighters...plus you get the punch build it which is very convenient
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    j0z3r:
    Very nice single torch. I've had one now for closing on two years and it has performed flawlessly the whole time. The punch cutters are a nice addition for when you want to travel light and not carry a cutter or separate punch. My only complaint, and this is quite minor, is the size of the fuel tank, I've found it to be sufficient for about 5-6 cigars providing for a few touch-ups and/or relights. Really a solid lighter though, I'm very happy with mine and think you'll be happy with yours. Good luck and welcome aboard.

I agree the punch is a nice touch and it serves me well as my primary lighter after my ci lotus died. I like that the button (ignition lever) doest get hot after lighting a large ring gauge stick. I'm sure there are much better lighters out there but it sells at a good price point when on sale.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    yeah, great lighter. no complaints here
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Got 3 of them during the march madness sales in 2010. 2 of them no longer work, and I've yet to open up the 3rd. It's a nice lighter, but I'm unimpressed with it. Now I use a cheapy Ronson that leonard gave me a couple years ago.
  • e6specialke6specialk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 216
    Great deal. Never pay MSRP, why would anyone ever do that.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    The one I got only worked about a month. Only ever used Xikar butane, tried compressed air. Bled it properly before filling etc. Hate the B1 myself.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    CONGRATS ON THE NEW LIGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    got mine during the first March Madness sale with a God of Fire Carlito for $50. Well worth the money and I've enjoyed using it quite a bit. Much more than the GoF Carlito
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Got mine for ten bucks as a bonus or whatever with an order a while ago. It has served me well for over a year now. While it sometimes fails to light, and needs pretty regular cleaning and what not, and isn't perfect... for the price you'd be hard pressed to find a heavier, sturdier torch.

Only real complaint is the punches. They are too close together. Sometimes when using one, the other sort of scrapes the shoulder.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    dennisking:
    got mine during the first March Madness sale with a God of Fire Carlito for $50. Well worth the money and I've enjoyed using it quite a bit. Much more than the GoF Carlito
    +1 Dennis..................especially the comment about the Carlito GoF.......
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    Yeah, it's weird. A got a couple of newer ones that all died rather quickly with one being a prometheus.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    Yeah, it's weird. A got a couple of newer ones that all died rather quickly with one being a prometheus.
    If all of your lighters are dying, regardless of brand, did you ever think that maybe you might be doing something wrong?
    docbp87:
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    If all of your lighters are dying, regardless of brand, did you ever think that maybe you might be doing something wrong?
    Yeah but I got some others that are still working like my xikar. I also tried other butane thinking maybe that was it but still no go. I purge everytime I fill, blow out with compressed air and use only name brand usually 5 times refined butane. I am gonna try to blow them out with something a little more powerful.