Home General Discussion

The Sopranos

RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
So I'm sitting here watching the opening scene to the Soprano's. And I wonder what kind of cigar Tony is lighting up. I google it and find out it's a CAO, and that they have a whole line of Soprano's cigars so I'm wondering if anyone has tried them and what their thoughts were on them.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the CAO Sopranos are ok.
    you are paying for the band though.
    if the cigar was $2-$3 less expensive then it would be great.

the cigars that he smokes on the show do not look like the CAOs. the wrapper is way to light for that.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    I've always wanted to get the entire collectors edition just to add to my "I'm gonna age these forever" collection.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    more marketing than anything, they're not bad...but imo not worth the price.
  • mattycmattyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    These are the cigars that i started with, my brother introduced me to Cigars with a CAO Brazil, i liked it so I tried a few of the CAO's. The Sopranos were my favorite, but they get a little pricey. i asked about anything that compares at my local brick and mortar, and he recommended the Illusione, and i've never looked back...
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Speaking of The Sopranos, Tony Sirico, Dominic Chianese and a few others are all attending the New England Cigar Expo I'm going to this weekend. I'm making it my mission to get a picture with Paulie Walnuts.
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    y2pascoe:
    Speaking of The Sopranos, Tony Sirico, Dominic Chianese and a few others are all attending the New England Cigar Expo I'm going to this weekend. I'm making it my mission to get a picture with Paulie Walnuts.
    That sounds awesome. My favorite Paulie Walnuts is the Pine Barrens episode where they're searching for the russian and Tony calls him on his cell phone and he tells Tony that they had a bit of a problem, and that "the package…hit Chrissy with an implement and ran off." That episode is hilarious.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    I had my first Sopranos edition on the 4th of July this year... the very next day I was looking to trade for some on the forums. I agree that they are pricey, but I really love the smoke... I managed to pick up about 10 of them in trades... They are sitting in the top tray of my glass-top... every time I seem them lined up like little soldiers I smile... So I love them and recommend them for sure
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Lakota72:
    I've always wanted to get the entire collectors edition just to add to my "I'm gonna age these forever" collection.
    This is more or less what I figured, but it be cool to have just because.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I was gifted a Sopranos by a botl on here for the birth of my last daughter. I enjoyed it. It's not amazing by any means but the draw was effortless, the construction good, and the flavor was nice. I smoked it on the deck of a beach house while drinking a big bold red wine and staring at the stars with my father in law and brother in law. Good times.

If you want a really neat collector set, find the ones that are rolled in the shapes of baseball bats and other things.

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    I had a fiver of The Boss signature edition, what a huge stick, well I gave a few away, but the stick is rather good, it is like the CAO Brazilia but different. It is a quality stick though, and has aging potential. I like it, but it is priced because of the tie-in.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I got a 5 pack of the tony soprano a while back for 40 bucks, picked up 2. A pricey cigar for sure but if one can get them on a discount on them they are worth it.
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    I really enjoy the sopranos line from CAO. But as everyone has stated it is a bit on the pricey side. I would definitely recommend trading for one or trying to find them at a deal. For me they tend to be a better version of the Brazilia.
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    I've also wondered about these...would like to try one but to me like mentioned earlier I think it would be cool to have one of each lined up in a glass case for collection and and a conversation piece.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    amz1301:
    y2pascoe:
    That sounds awesome. My favorite Paulie Walnuts is the Pine Barrens episode where they're searching for the russian and Tony calls him on his cell phone and he tells Tony that they had a bit of a problem, and that "the package…hit Chrissy with an implement and ran off." That episode is hilarious.

Also the episode where Paulie all upset over shoelaces because people walk in restrooms and drag their laces thru pi_ss on the floor then touch stuff without washing their hands . I have to admit , befor I go into a public restroom now if I'm wearing any kinda shoelaces I check them out and make sure their not dragging now ! Thanks Paulie !!!
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    One of the best CAO has to offer IMO, I love them. The price is a bit steep compared to my other favorite, the Brazillas, but I do like them best of all. If they didn't include all the fancy packaging and the price came down I'd definitely bite on a box or probably two, they are fantastic with a bit of rest.
  • rah0785rah0785 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    .....The CAO SOPRANOS line was one of the best tasting cigars I have every smoked. Bold flavor for the high price tag. Worth a try for sure.
  • michaelharveymichaelharvey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 201
    rah0785:
    .....The CAO SOPRANOS line was one of the best tasting cigars I have every smoked. Bold flavor for the high price tag. Worth a try for sure.
    the few ive had were very smooth...IMO not worth MSRP...i like the MX2s a bit better
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    I miss the HBO series ... One of the best series ever IMHO .
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    gmill880:
    I miss the HBO series ... One of the best series ever IMHO .

+1

Although I'm kinda glad they ended where they did. I hate it when shows keep airing new episodes that beat the same story lines over and over again. The only logical way that show could've kept going would be to have Tony killed or arrested. Can't kill off the main character. And doing prison episodes would just be recycling ideas from Johnny Sack being locked up. So I say, well done HBO in ending on a high note and going out with class and dignity.
    dennisking:
    I was gifted a Sopranos by a botl on here for the birth of my last daughter. I enjoyed it. It's not amazing by any means but the draw was effortless, the construction good, and the flavor was nice. I smoked it on the deck of a beach house while drinking a big bold red wine and staring at the stars with my father in law and brother in law. Good times.

If you want a really neat collector set, find the ones that are rolled in the shapes of baseball bats and other things.

I found the bats that you are talking about...being curious I did a search during my down time at work...those would really look nice in a collection...
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    CvilleE:
    dennisking:

I found the bats that you are talking about...being curious I did a search during my down time at work...those would really look nice in a collection...
    Heck yeah they would. The bottle sampler seems to be a little high priced for my taste but I think I may spring for the regular 4 stick sampler for the collection.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I got some Tony Sig. Soprano in a DD a yr and a half ago smoke three have two left nice stick not steller. Can get a better stick of the MSRP but as another DD I'd pick up.
    cooch36:
    I got some Tony Sig. Soprano in a DD a yr and a half ago smoke three have two left nice stick not steller. Can get a better stick of the MSRP but as another DD I'd pick up.
    So r u sayin if The DD (my daily deal) is right I can take them off your hands????? I want themm.....
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    CvilleE:
    cooch36:
    So r u sayin if The DD (my daily deal) is right I can take them off your hands????? I want themm.....
    LOL they are some of my older stick your have a better chance at getting my fiance. JK
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    I have heard nothing but good things about them and was just gifted one by a BotL here. I think the price point is rather high at 10$ a stick, but everyone needs something to celebrate with!
  • HavanaMixManHavanaMixMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
    Can you believe that the Sopranos backed out of the New England Cigar Expo? Check it out, they are no where to be found on the site anymore, including their sponsorship for the Soprano wine and CAO cigars... $300.00 down the drain!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    It is a novel cigar but certainly not worth the retail. I have had mixed results with the very few I have smoked.
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    I think you can sum up the Saprano line of cigars this way: They sure are nice to receive as a gift, but you probably wouldn't buy one for yourself.
  • HavanaMixManHavanaMixMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hey Pascoe, can you believe the Sopranos backed out of the Expo? I'm pissed, like you I spent $300.00 for two tickets just to get a shot with Walnuts for my rec room. Damn, that's probably why the tickets went on discount. No mentkion even of the sponsorship for the Soprano wine or CAO cigars on the site anymore.
    cooch36:
    CvilleE:
    cooch36:
    LOL they are some of my older stick your have a better chance at getting my fiance. JK
    haha I'm married, so hang on to ur fiance....but hey hook me up with 1 and I might make it worth your....nevermind hit me up if ur interested....lol