Home General Discussion

Celebration cigar?

ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
I am going to have my masters in a year or so ( might not be a big deal to some but it is for me and my family)and another thread got me thinking about what should I smoke to celebrate. So me being as new as I am to the cigar world I'm going to let you all choose for me. Because for some weird reason I like analyzing data I'm going to keep an excel sheet of the suggestions and make my decision based on the most popular. So I ask you all to suggest TWO sticks that would suit that occasion. This way I can look for a deal and get some age on them!

Comments

• 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    is there any limit as far as cost for this celebration stick?
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    I keep a few ISO cigars on hand that have 10+ years age on them for special occasions. Not that ISO are the end all of the cigar world but smoking primarily non ISO they are a great treat and curveball for the palate.
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    Never thought of that lol we are going to say no just be I'm curious to see what you come up with.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    I'd get some ISOM Behikes if I were getting my masters. Wouldn't get two either, nothing short of a box would due. Just sayin :)
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    well then as far as sticks i keep for a celebration... it would be either a tatuaje boris or an opus x maduro
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Smoke your favorite cigar.

/shrug
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    Russ55:

/shrug
    As of right now that would be a Montecristo media noche and I have 2 left in my humi just In case
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    Russ55:

/shrug
    Pretty much. I think the experience will be great on its own, and a good cigar will only make it greater. Just go with something you know you'll enjoy.
  • ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    +1 on the "smoke your favorite cigar"...For example....I just finished a $26.00 Gurkha Crest (obviously didnt spend that much on it...) and it was NO WHERE NEAR as enjoyable as some of my favorite $5-7 dollar smokes... DONT LET A CIGARS PRICE POINT FOOL YOU!
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    ThinBluLine06:
    +1 on the "smoke your favorite cigar"...For example....I just finished a $26.00 Gurkha Crest (obviously didnt spend that much on it...) and it was NO WHERE NEAR as enjoyable as some of my favorite $5-7 dollar smokes... DONT LET A CIGARS PRICE POINT FOOL YOU!
    +2...being new you still have time to try many cigars and develop your palate. What is good to you now might not be a year from now. So keep smokin and the right one will come to you.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Here's a suggestion: When you go out and celebrate, grab one of those medianoches and enjoy the hell out of it. But at the same time, buy yourself something you wouldn't normally splurge on, and put it to sleep for a while. In 6 months, when your grad school experience seems like some weird dream you've woken up from, break out that stick, sit down with it and enjoy that while letting it sink in that it really was all real and you really did accomplish something.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    I agree with Ken. If you love the media noche (which is a great cigar), have one of those and enjoy it. If you're into the rich, espresso, cocoa notes that you get from that cigar and don't mind a bit of spice, you may want to try a Padron 64 or even 26 (the 26 will be a bit more complex but expect earthy, leathery notes from both), Opus X or Ashton ESG while you're at it. If you can get your hands on a Tatuaje Drac, those have lots of chocolate and cocoa notes.

Either way, congrats, enjoy and cheers!
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    I disagree with people who say you should just smoke your favorite cigar. It usually takes people a while before they try various elite cigars (and some people never do). Assuming you've mainly smoked 'everyday priced' cigars, there are probably some cigars that are beyond anything you've tried before. My recommendation: Padron 80th Anniversary. It can cost about $30, but if you're graduating next year then that's only $2.50/month that you need to set aside ;) It's a truly phenomenal cigar, and it's made for times like these.