Home General Discussion

Forwarding

camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
So, let's say that my brother placed a ccom order, and that the person helping him with shipping decided they were not going to ship him his gift for whatever reasons..... any chance someone might be willing to forward it to the great white North?
pm me for the details if you think you can help.
Thanks

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Let me know what i can do brother
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    firetruckguy:
    Let me know what i can do brother
    PM sent
    Replied my friend
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Issue resolved. Thank you all for your offers to help out a fellow BORK.

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Cool, nice that you got the issue resolved so fast for your "brother".
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Wow thats too bad someone took that on and won't seal the deal...
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Diamondog:

I've had that happen once and never again. Learned a valuable lesson from that. If I can do it, just do it. If not, let CCOM do it. And if they can't. I will just have to suck it up and let that one go. Until a better more reasonable solution shows itself. I have no problem forwarding packages for individuals if asked. But, I will never ask for one to be forward for me ever again. Nothing on the guys in this forum now. Just won't take that chance ever again. My 2 cents...

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    I've been very fortunate with my forwarding. It is actually very funny when I think about it. When Vulchor first came to the forums he and I had a falling out over packages sent to BOTL.

It took a little while to settle down and go away, but when the smoke cleared Dave and I became good friends. Now he acts as my forwarding person exclusively and he has never let me down. Dave has been the most reliable BOTL I could have hoped for.

JUst a word to the guy's who are using people to forward for them. I try to send a little thank you from time to time to the person / people who act as forwarding agents for me. A little appreciation and a thank you go a LONG way, people still like to be appreciated when they do something out of the ordinary. So once again Vulchor THANK YOU>
    Cliff sent me a little thank you for helping him get a package up north, a Gift certificate to CCOM! Below is what i got with it, thanks sir!

Photobucket
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    firetruckguy:
    Cliff sent me a little thank you for helping him get a package up north, a Gift certificate to CCOM! Below is what i got with it, thanks sir!

Photobucket
    Such pretty colors, Did yo check em for mold?
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    RCY Cigars:
    Diamondog:

I've had that happen once and never again. Learned a valuable lesson from that. If I can do it, just do it. If not, let CCOM do it. And if they can't. I will just have to suck it up and let that one go. Until a better more reasonable solution shows itself. I have no problem forwarding packages for individuals if asked. But, I will never ask for one to be forward for me ever again. Nothing on the guys in this forum now. Just won't take that chance ever again. My 2 cents...

Agreed on both counts. Had a HORRIBLE feeling once - agreed to help a BOTL on another continent out once, got his goodies, sent em off... and nothing. Package just disappeared, never to be heard from again (unless, I suspect, if you were close enough to a very lucky customs agent when he was puffing away).

No choice in a situation like that, you've got a responsibility to your fellow BOTL to make it right. Re-ordered his stuff (along with a couple "Sorry this happened"-type extras) and got them to him the second go-round. Cant leave a brother hanging with his pockets out like the Monopoly man.

Rhamlin:
    firetruckguy:

Photobucket
    Such pretty colors, Did yo check em for mold?

Didnt see any mold, but they seemed as dry as a popcorn fart. I shall take them out of the pretty tubo's and store them that way.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    I have the worst luck when it comes to shipping anything to an International location. If there are any brothers here that do forward shipping I sure would like to know. I want to send stuff up north and it would be nice to get some help doing it.

• PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    DD sent me a package from Canada to NY lasy year. 2 months later nothing arrived so he sent out another. Ironically, a week later the first package arrived, and then the second one never did. I'd really love to be able to send him a thank you package or help with forwarding, but im scared to. Why does international shipping have to be so complicated?
    Ill probobly jinx myself, but I so far have never had a package get lost going over the borders. I did have BIP's pass go missing for 8 months in the good old USA though.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    PsychoSJG:
    DD sent me a package from Canada to NY lasy year. 2 months later nothing arrived so he sent out another. Ironically, a week later the first package arrived, and then the second one never did. I'd really love to be able to send him a thank you package or help with forwarding, but im scared to. Why does international shipping have to be so complicated?
    I don't think it so much that, as it is the customs agents. I once had a customer in Canada that filed a complaint with the customs people. From that day on anything I sent no matter how I marked it never made it's final destination

I have wondered if that was the reason for my stuff not making it and haven't shipped to any International location for close to 10 years. Don't get me wrong I have had my fair share of missing shipments here in the states but at least here it isn't so much because of what I am sending.

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    PsychoSJG:
    When I was doing my Sniper's Box game, I sent a package to Laker that took the better part of SEVEN WEEKS to reach him... could have walked it there faster!

• TeegeTeege Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 660
    firetruckguy:

Photobucket
    Had a guy just walk past my desk while I had this thread up where the picture was showing and no joke says. Oh wow my wife would loves those all she has is a silver one..... Then as I was laughing he gets closer and says oh wow are those cordless? Now im crying and can't breathe but had to share.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Teege:
    firetruckguy:

Photobucket
    Had a guy just walk past my desk while I had this thread up where the picture was showing and no joke says. Oh wow my wife would loves those all she has is a silver one..... Then as I was laughing he gets closer and says oh wow are those cordless? Now im crying and can't breathe but had to share.
    awesome.