Home General Discussion

Strangest thing ...

gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
Whats the strangest thing you have ever lit a cigar with ?

For me . I was at work , all jacked up on stress level , and grabbed a cigar a headed outback . Unfornunatly I had forgotten my lighter . Stepped into the service dept and asked a mechanic for a light . He said oh I don't have a lighter but I doooooo have something much better if your looking for fire ! He then fires up his welding torch ! With the gleam in his eye , I was about afraid to turn down his offer haha so I lit it up off the torch !!!

Comments

• 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    ive done that once or twice on the job when i have no other way to light. also used a mapp gas torch
  • rah0785rah0785 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    .....NICE .....Not close to outdoing the welding torch, but I seldom use my gas stove these days for anything but lighting my smokes. Gives a perfect, even start burn every time.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    My dad uses big old wooden matches. I dont know if the salfur does anything for the taist, but i try not to use them.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    firetruckguy:
    My dad uses big old wooden matches. I dont know if the salfur does anything for the taist, but i try not to use them.
    So long as you let the match burn for a bit past the head, the sulphur should be burned up and you should be good to go, at least that's what I was told. I use wooden strike-anywhere matches sometimes - kinda cool to light one off your boot and light a cigar with it :)
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    The sun. Lighter ran empty and I was outside and didn't feel like going back in to refill it so I just jumped up to the sun and lit it off of that sum b!tch
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    ENFIDL:
    The sun. Lighter ran empty and I was outside and didn't feel like going back in to refill it so I just jumped up to the sun and lit it off of that sum b!tch
    Damn E! Impressive considering I heard u were holding a tornado u just lassoed at the time! LMFAO
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    While not exactly strange, I've used my vehicle cigarette lighter to get a cigar going...it takes a couple times heating it up, but it does work.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    ENFIDL:

Did you light it off a solar flare or actually touch it to the surface lol ?
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:

Did you light it off a solar flare or actually touch it to the surface lol ?
    So thats why your eyebrows were missing that day. lol
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Used a magnifying glass just to see how it did.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    Twig from a bonfire.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    JSaint:
    Twig from a bonfire.
    hahaha, great thread . . . .I've definitely used a torch a couple of times before when hanging out with my brother, its a little ridiculous, but yeah, it works.

I've also chain smoked and lit my second cigar off my first one before. the second one was a perfecto so it was pretty easy, but there was no "toasting of the foot" going on that day. nothing was really going on that day so I figured why not.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Not a cigar, but when I was at work and needed a cigarette (Rare occasion!) I went to the car installation bay at my work (Best Buy) and they usually had a handheld welding torch that you could take apart and all it had was a Butane flame underneath... Well, no installers were there and they lock their tools up so I went to the testing station for amps/decks speakers etc (we had to functionality check all returns)

Long story short I took apart a BIC Click pen, took the spring out and stretched it out so that I could plug it into the LEADS for an amp (Positive and negative).
    I flipped the power switch on and the spring lit up like an orange blaze for about 5 seconds and then disintegrated, but while it was blazing hot orange I lit the cigarette off of that!

The other guy looked at me like I was a frikkin' GOD
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    The other guy looked at me like I was a frikkin' GOD
    Your not ??????
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    I'm boring. I think the craziest I ever got was using a soft flame bic lighter.