Home General Discussion

Fuente Short Story Maduro

Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
Saw the "If you could only get one box" thread and reminded me to post this. I have six boxes of Hemingway Short Story Maduro incoming. Very very rare. In fact, I bought these from a private collector. They are pricy. Contact your consultant for details. I also have some singles of OpusX Super Belicoso Maduro on the way. Next month I should have a line of some BBMF maduro singles.

Comments

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    I will do ANYTHING necessary to get one of those OpusX Super Belicosos Maduro... I would walk through half a mile of broken glass on my hands and knees just to smoke it's shadow. In all seriousness though, any way to reserve one or get it on it's way??
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    hmm... I guess this is my calling. PM
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Are the Short story maddy the same flavor profile as the Work of Art Maddy?
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    firetruckguy:
    Same stuff, just a different size and much smaller production and obviously, more expensive.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    90+ Irishman:
    I will do ANYTHING necessary to get one of those OpusX Super Belicosos Maduro... I would walk through half a mile of broken glass on my hands and knees just to smoke it's shadow. In all seriousness though, any way to reserve one or get it on it's way??
    I only scored 20 as that is all he had that he was willing to part with. You don't need to do anything special other than work with your rep as I won't bother putting them online as they will be gone the instant they land. They aint cheap. Probably in the neighborhood of $40.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Alex Svenson:
    firetruckguy:
    Same stuff, just a different size and much smaller production and obviously, more expensive.
    Copy, thanks Alex.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Alex Svenson:
    90+ Irishman:
    I only scored 20 as that is all he had that he was willing to part with. You don't need to do anything special other than work with your rep as I won't bother putting them online as they will be gone the instant they land. They aint cheap. Probably in the neighborhood of $40.
    I wish $40 a box. $40 A single isnt that bad wither.
    Alex Svenson:
    90+ Irishman:
    SOLD!!
    lcpleel:
    Ah yes, black and mild. Im sure the pot smokers out there are lining up to unroll and opusx maduro to pack a blunt. Boy that would be a sad day.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    Alex Svenson:
    lcpleel:
    Ah yes, black and mild. Im sure the pot smokers out there are lining up to unroll and opusx maduro to pack a blunt. Boy that would be a sad day.
    Sadly I know someone who would try that. And that is why I do not share cigars with him. Needless to say he threw up when I let him try a MOW PA. He inhaled LOL!
    Does that mean that since I strictly inhale that it is poor etiquette? I mean I frequently do the dark maddy's and oscuro's back to back and inhale and it never has bothered me...? Am I just an oddity or something? I smoked cigs for 6 years so maybe that is why it doesn't bother me, but I dunno???
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    Oh and anyone who wants to buy me one of the Opus X Maddys would be a friend for life.........just saying. lol. And geez Brett you inhale?!
    Yeah I do. Sunday had the AJ Fresh Rolled to the burn, inhaled the whole time, then the Puro Authintico to the burn, inhaled whole time too, MoW halfway till the breakage couldn't let it smoke anymore, inhaled that as well the whole time, and finished with an Oliva V Maduro #4 to the burn.. inhaled that as well bud. 5 hrs of maduro yumminess all inhaled. It's just how us Irishmen roll I guess.
  • ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    90+ Irishman:
    Yeah I do. Sunday had the AJ Fresh Rolled to the burn, inhaled the whole time, then the Puro Authintico to the burn, inhaled whole time too, MoW halfway till the breakage couldn't let it smoke anymore, inhaled that as well the whole time, and finished with an Oliva V Maduro #4 to the burn.. inhaled that as well bud. 5 hrs of maduro yumminess all inhaled. It's just how us Irishmen roll I guess.
    Geez...surprised you are still alive and kickin after that day full of smokes!
    Lol, what can I say might have just made my own NEW "badge of honor" without even knowing it. Anyone up for a friendly challenge???!?!?!
    On a complete side note, I seem to get a much richer and more pronounced flavor profile when the smoke is fully inhaled and blown through the nose. Just saying, if it dosn't kill ya it does make it more intense in the flavor department.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Alex do you take payments in the form of kidneys or first born children? I have the kidneys and I can get to work on the first born immediately after work. Let me know which you'd prefer
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    Too rich for my blood, though still, love seeing the forum people getting taken care of.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Got mine ordered already. God it hurts my bank account.
    rwheelwright:
    Got mine ordered already. God it hurts my bank account.
    +1 Wife said that this is my Xmas present, so she picked me up 1 of each of the OpusX's... that woman is PERFECT! Now, off to the b&m for the group buy for the people who PM'd me... get it out to you all later today after I get back.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    I have one in my humidor that the manager of one of my favorite B&M's gave me a few weeks ago. Being my only one, it'll be really hard to make myself smoke it!

He also gave me an AF Gradn Reserve Sun Grown that day!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Done and done....
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I don't want to say how many I got but I ordered some Super Belicoso, El Escorpion and BBMF. There goes my 2 boxes of GoF Serie B order this month.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    rwheelwright:
    I don't want to say how many I got but I ordered some Super Belicoso, El Escorpion and BBMF. There goes my 2 boxes of GoF Serie B order this month.
    Holy Crap! Thats a helluva nice line-up!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Alex Svenson:
    lcpleel:
    would it, I mean, the best of both worlds right there. don't be a hater...... Smile [:)]
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    if yall had a choice between the OPUSX Scorpio maduro (5.75” x 52) and the OPUSX El Escorpion maduro, which would you get ?
    jj20030:
    if yall had a choice between the OPUSX Scorpio maduro (5.75” x 52) and the OPUSX El Escorpion maduro, which would you get ?
    Jimmy I would go for the Scorpion vs. Scorpio. Just more my style.
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    jj20030:
    well depends on if you plan on keeping it as a part of your colection or smoking it.
    i would get the EL escorpion if you want it for looks, and the scorpio for smoking. (but thats just me, i prefer opusx in smaller ring gauges)