Home General Discussion

Town has no Cigar Stores..

scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
So I am at college and I recently discovered there are no cigar shops in the town except for 1 little cafe that I have yet to enter. So I drive half an hour north to find this cigar store is now a bank being built so I went to another cafe 5 more minutes north and went in their nice humidor. I was frustrated and muttered if they have an OpusX I WILL buy one. Go figure..4 boxes of OpusX cigars and I bought 2 for 30 bucks which is a steal! Can't wait to smoke these gems! Seriously this town has absolutely no cigar stores! It is just south of a Major City as well so this isn't the boondocks!

Comments

• CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    scarlin:
    So I am at college and I recently discovered there are no cigar shops in the town except for 1 little cafe that I have yet to enter. So I drive half an hour north to find this cigar store is now a bank being built so I went to another cafe 5 more minutes north and went in their nice humidor. I was frustrated and muttered if they have an OpusX I WILL buy one. Go figure..4 boxes of OpusX cigars and I bought 2 for 30 bucks which is a steal! Can't wait to smoke these gems! Seriously this town has absolutely no cigar stores! It is just south of a Major City as well so this isn't the boondocks!
    Same here...I have relied on this site, so keep your eyes open on here and you'll be able to get some good smokes for the right price + free shipping. Be sure to check out the daily deals....
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    where do you live?
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Im in the same boat. I drive 2hrs once or twice a month to get to a good b&m. Tho I do live in the boondocks.
    cooch36:
    where do you live?
    I live in Campbellsville, KY...not the smallest town and not the bonnies (though I can be there as well in 15 minutes), but 1.5 hrs to any major cities in KY.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    We have several smoke shops around here, but they're not strictly cigars and their selection leaves a lot to be desired. I've only ever bought four cigars from them.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    CvilleE:
    cooch36:
    where do you live?
    I live in Campbellsville, KY...not the smallest town and not the bonnies (though I can be there as well in 15 minutes), but 1.5 hrs to any major cities in KY.
    its about time you change schools to one that is in a town with a cigar shop.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    kuzi16:
    CvilleE:
    cooch36:
    where do you live?
    +1
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    What town is this? Loserville?
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Washington, PA. What a poor poor town to be in :| . I live north of Pitt and there are plenty of Great tobacoo stores.
    90+ Irishman:
    kuzi16:
    CvilleE:
    cooch36:
    where do you live?
    +1
    Wait...I'm not the one in school scarlin is.....I was just makin reference to the town that I live in with no B&M.....
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Damn, Opus' for $15? I checked my B&M today and they were selling them for $33.
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    Isn't the "norm" that prices are higher in cigar stores? I hear about deals on Opus once in a while, but from what I've experienced in Minneapolis/St. Paul - the prices are very much higher than on line. What I'm getting at, is if I did live near one of these stores, I can't see me being able to afford shopping there. So I'm not sure what the appeal is?
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Yea the usual prices are going to be higher. Even if the shop has a good price point, the state taxes imposed automatically up the price. At the b&m I frequent it seems like every stick is $1.5- $2 higher than a common online price. I usually only buy from them the stuff I can't find easily online. Opus is one stick that seems to have the opposite effect. Since some b&ms are AF retailers they arnt SUPPOSED to be able mark up the prices on AF sticks so you can find them for msrp in b&ms easier than online (my experiance).
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    This was a Montecristo B&M though. A Coffee/Cigar store with a HERF going on when I walked in.
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    sightunseen:
    Damn, Opus' for $15? I checked my B&M today and they were selling them for $33.
    50 dollars a stick at mine.