Home General Discussion

Best "Tat"..brown or red label?

ZAPZAP Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
I was stunned to see these at a cigar shop recently and couldn't remember the differences between the two labels.  Went with a corona size of the red label which I plan on smoking tomorrow.  Any thoughts on which is the better cigar and the flavor differences between the two labels?

Comments

• danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    I actually had my first tat last night the red label. I haven't had the brown but the red was great and I plan on smoking way more of them.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Brown is stronger, more complex, more complete... But the red has a very distinct sweet finish that I really love. They are both good, but if you're gonna have just one, I'd go with brown. If you're gonna have several, I'd start with red.... Hope that helps. Lol
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    I've got a Red Label and a Black Label Tat courtesy of BOTL's, haven't ever tried one in my life but way excited about both!!! Anyone have tasting notes on the Black Label??
    90+ Irishman:
    I've got a Red Label and a Black Label Tat courtesy of BOTL's, haven't ever tried one in my life but way excited about both!!! Anyone have tasting notes on the Black Label??
    awesomeness. With some sweet earthy tobacco and red pepper heat, not bite, just some heat. I also remember some leather. But mostly the awesomeness.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Oh man!!! Sounds like my dream flavor profile! Cannot WAIT to light it up, just getting background on it trying to find age of it so I can age it appropriately!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Prefer the Black label as far as regular release Tats go (now that the Black PL is a regular production cigar, and the Torps have been pretty readily available at a few times). They have some of the most specific, well defined black pepper flavor, and a tangy earthiness.
    docbp87:
    Prefer the Black label as far as regular release Tats go (now that the Black PL is a regular production cigar, and the Torps have been pretty readily available at a few times). They have some of the most specific, well defined black pepper flavor, and a tangy earthiness.
    for me, I remember the black pepper being most noticale in the sinus, after a retrohale. I don't remember it on the draw... but I've only had 1, so you would def be more familiar with this smoke than I am (unfortunately, cause it was awesome, and remains on my wish list to this day because of the memorable experience). I like how you refer to the earthiness as tangy... that's pretty spot on.
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    90+ Irishman:
    Oh man!!! Sounds like my dream flavor profile! Cannot WAIT to light it up, just getting background on it trying to find age of it so I can age it appropriately!
    I smoked one like a week off the truck when they first realeased the PL regular release and it was awesome.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    IMO the black label is head and shoulders above the red n brown. The flavor of the black is exactly what I look for. I've had multiple sizes in the black and the PL is by far my favorite.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Between those two I would definitely pick the brown label, but if you include black in th emix I pick that hands down.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    This thread makes me think I should revisit the brown...I love the red but then when I tried the brown I didn't like it at all. Don't even remember why...just that it was a huge letdown.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    The Noella is the best size brown label IMO, with the Cazadores not far behind.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    I think I had an especiales, and it was my first lancero, so maybe that was my problem. Thanks for the recommendation, doc.