Home General Discussion

Hawaii Oahu

lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
Headed to Oahu in the morning and was wondering if there was a shop anyone could recommend. Last week in Dallas I had a great time at a shop that was recommended and am hoping for just as good of an experience this week.
Thanks in advance - Isaac

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Man, one place I haven't made it too. Enjoy, sorry I don't have any info. But that should make the hunt even better.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Thanks gents. I'll have to try some Hawaii exclusives. I think Pete had something exclusive to Hawaii no?
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    If you're time pressed for the afternoon and money is no object, I've heard "IknowUwannaHandy" is a good place...

But if you want to spend some time getting the best quality then "MeMouthisonYourDinky" has the best seat is the house!
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    Lasabar:
    If you're time pressed for the afternoon and money is no object, I've heard "IknowUwannaHandy" is a good place...

But if you want to spend some time getting the best quality then "MeMouthisonYourDinky" has the best seat is the house!
    Address please? :)
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Enjoy brother. If you find a good shop shoot me a pm I'm supposed to be going there in June. Saving for such a trip kinda cuts into the old cigar budget which my wife reminds me of everytime I start drooling over the catalog.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Didn't look for cigars when I was there. But my favorite place to eat I found was Brew Moon. Very good beer, great food, and decent prices. (Never mind... was googling the address for you and found they have shut down. :(
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    have a safe and awesome trip Isaac
  • The Good Doctor RxThe Good Doctor Rx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    Cigar-Cigar Etc
    1125 S King St # 102
    Honolulu, HI 96814-2232

(808) 591-0808 () ?

I stopped in here last summer. They had a decent selection and decent prices.
  • grannejagranneja Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 382
    Have a great trip. I have been to HI once and it was awesome. If you can get over to Maui, ride down the volcano on a bike. It was a fantastic experience.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    lcpleel:
    Thanks gents. I'll have to try some Hawaii exclusives. I think Pete had something exclusive to Hawaii no?
    That is R.Fields in the Foodland supermarket at 1460 S. Beretania St. Honolulu, HI, 96814. If your staying in waikiki is only about 5 min. away. you can also check out Tamura's in Kaimuki or Aiea.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    There is also one across the street from the convention center. They sell the Kauai Puros there.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Our son and daughter-in-law just got back from a week on Kauai. He brought me a Kauai puro called Island Prince. Here's some info:

The vitola is called a Momona and it's a good looking stick. Comes in a little coffin made out of what looks to be koa wood. I was pleased.

The first two are front and back sides of their brochure and the last one is from their webpage. My camera didn't want to get a decent shot of the stick or the coffin. Sorry.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Those Island Prince's sound good they've got pretty good reviews from what I've seen.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Lasabar:

Some cool shop names there!
  • ctschirgictschirgi Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 63
    The Good Doctor Rx:
    Cigar-Cigar Etc
    1125 S King St # 102
    Honolulu, HI 96814-2232

(808) 591-0808 () ?

I stopped in here last summer. They had a decent selection and decent prices.
    Cigar-Cigar is ok, but in my opinion, Tobaccos of Hawaii has the best selection and prices. It is located at 512 Atkinson Dr # 101, Honolulu, HI , right near the Convention Center and just behind the Ala Moana Mall. If you have a misses you will find yourself at this mall at some point during your stay. The area right around Tobaccos of Hawaii seems a little shady because there are several "massage parlors," but it is worth the trip. I've only been on Oahu for a month now, but have loved every minute of it. Enjoy your vaction. I'd offer to burn one with you, but with three young kiddos my free time is pretty much taken up by work or daddy duties.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    phobicsquirrel:
    Lasabar:

Some cool shop names there!
    Yeah, Hawaii is a craaaazy place...