Home General Discussion

Rocky Patel on CNBC

The ColonelThe Colonel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
How I made my millions.. Rocky Patel being interviewed..

Comments

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    checkin it out thanks
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    Cigar maker on a prime time news show.. excellent.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    they got amys kitchen founders on mine dammit
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    He was the first 15 mins.. I hope it is available on the web.. interesting story.
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    How RP made his millions...Selling out! Seriously has anyone seen lately how many brands this dude has just at Famous? Its getting pretty disgusting, flood the market with massive brands of questionable quality.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    I have grown to hate the MF'er.....and I used to love him, though I really probably only loved J. Fuego, as Rocky was always I kinda standoffish d!ck, even when the company was starting. BTW, did he talk about the Sumatra vs the Renaissance???;)
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    i didnt think this was goig to be on till tonight?
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I DVR'd it and watched it last night... I thought it was interesting... So I got enjoyment out of the 15min he was on
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Vulchor:
    I have grown to hate the MF'er.....and I used to love him, though I really probably only loved J. Fuego, as Rocky was always I kinda standoffish d!ck, even when the company was starting. BTW, did he talk about the Sumatra vs the Renaissance???;)
    LOL no talked about vintage, edge and the decade mostly.. There really wasnt much to it, Basically how he struggled as a newcomer then how the Plasencia family helped him get on his feet.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    The man knows how to make a buck-----cigars...he knows less than most of us here, but maybe Im just a hater.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Honestly I could give a damn and half about rocky his company or the cigars he makes.

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    LOL funny how everyone loves Rocky or Pete or any of these Guys that really are figure heads that have people who really know there *** doing there work until they get some fame or recognition for these companys, its no differnt han Bill gates or Warren Buffet, they had an Idea and some knmowledge and the iniciative and the BALLS to Steo out on a limb and go for it...... ,
    That being said its fun watch... thats for sure...... I will stcik by Litto Gomez......
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I'm not sorry to say that I think RP has some good sticks out there. I for one, will try his new stuff this year. 50th anniv and Vintage Cameroon I believe. (Im not talking store house brands either...even though I liked the Royal Vintage) And if he's on CNBC, IMO would only mean he's trying to do something good for the cigar industry...RP fan or not, would be good for everyone.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    As a botl on another forum said... his segment should have been called "How I made millions... of fingers brown"
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Krieg:
    I'm not sorry to say that I think RP has some good sticks out there. I for one, will try his new stuff this year. 50th anniv and Vintage Cameroon I believe. (Im not talking store house brands either...even though I liked the Royal Vintage) And if he's on CNBC, IMO would only mean he's trying to do something good for the cigar industry...RP fan or not, would be good for everyone.
    I like this... "Any publicity is good publicity"

I have some gems of his, mainly older stuff, but I do think that if some people are exposed to his story and how his name is prevalent in the industry, maybe people will think twice about smoking bans/cigar taxes.... I'll take it!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I don't have a lot of expierence with RPjust the decade and the vintage 1990 and enjoy them both especially the 1990.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    Well again any publicity is good publicity, and the way that the cigar community is getting hammered with the bans on smoking, legislation banning shipment to certain states, increased taxes and on adinfinitum---he is a figure that has made gobs of money and can bring attention the the industry and its plight. Don't be a hater as they say. Give the man his do. And by the way, he has some good and bad sticks in his repertoire...who doesn't?