Home Non Cigar Related

pit bulls...good or bad....here s a story...

2»

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Cocker spaniels bite the most people last I checked.
  • Gurkha Man!Gurkha Man! Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    its all on how you raise the animal in the end the people are to blame unless you have a pet lion, tiger or wolf lets be realistic still in the wild bad idea!
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Marker:
    If 'a lot' is 2% I would be surprised. Not trying to bust your chops but if you love the dog do a little reading and give us some statistics that make us feel better about it. Not Debbie Downer the dog.
    I dont love the dog...I can like and enjoy them but I like and enjoy just about every breed of dog...except poodles...theyre just stupid in my opinion lol jkjk
    Good thing your jk - cause actually poodles are one of the more intelligent breeds.
    And, because of their smarts, and their unusual physiques, poodles can do stuff that most dogs can't - which is why they are used in Circus acts, etc.

• PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Vulchor:
    Ageed DOC....The difference being a Pit can do a lot more damage to most people than a Chiuwahwah (sp?) or a yorkie.
    This is a proper statement. I used to rescue and rehabilitate dogs. I will tell you first hand that Pitbulls are completely misunderstood and are great dogs. They are naturally very sweet and it takes a lot for the majority of em to attack. There are 2 types of pits: the American Pitbull terrier and the Staffordshire Terrier. Staffordshires used to be called the Nanny dog since they were used to watch kids because of their very gentle and protective nature. APTs are the ones that can be a prob because they have more energy like a Lab. They can accidentally hurt people because they really wanna play but are stronger than they know.

In the end, the issue is that people dont know how to treat or raise dogs. And thats where the problem is. I walk also blindly trust a pitbull over a chihuahua any time.

And Joey, I'm surprised you are talking about pits like that since you have Huskies. Huskies and Malamutes are bred from wolves, have temperament issues, and tend to need more training out of any other dog because of their instincts and stubborn nature.

And during my rescue days, I've learned one phrase to be true. "If you show me a bad dog, then I'll show you a bad owner"
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    ENFIDL:
    The door is the sign out button top right corner of your screen..........
    lol
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    ENFIDL:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    ENFIDL:
    This coming from somebody who is contributing to the MASSIVE dog overpopulation! and is going to profit from this instead of being a responsible pet owner and getting their animals spayed or nuetered. GTFO of here with this bs! Shorty Rossi has one that is his service dog. Pit's have been tagged as one of the top dogs for returning war vets suffering from massive amounts of ptsd because they are such great dogs but require work to train them. Let's remember this thread:http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/293768.aspx

Joey you saying that it's in their genes is total and complete crap! You sound like an ingorant racist who has no clue what he's talking about. Next time before you post something like this do some research. ANY dog can kill people breed doesn't mean a thing. I thought you said you were leaving here anyways. The door is the sign out button top right corner of your screen..........
    Whats ur issue bro? Now im no longer allowed to have a opinion....and I said MAYBE its in their Genes....not a exact guess but its just a opinion just like you stating ANY dog can kill people....should I call you a ignorant racist against all dogs???? dude...I made a estimated guess and seeing what people think about it....I just threw a story out there....I never once said I believe all pits are killers cuz of their genes...but i did make a comment "maybe" something in their genes brings out the more aggressive side....jesus dude, take a chill pill once in a while.
    my issue is you and your bs Joey. No I'm not being an ignorant racist I'm stating a simple fact unlike you saying it could be in pit bulls genes to attack and kill. all dogs have the capability to kill that's nature. Take a chill pill...really? You just came on here talking sh!t about a member of my family because that's what my dog is. And while you didn't name him he's a pit and you attacked them. Especially when it's from someone here who is an unresponsible pet owner and is contributing to the massive dog overpopulation that causes hundreds of dogs to be put to sleep daily. Plus all the drama you bring here is unneccessary and you've said how many times you're leaving..........
    i dont honestly see how by me stating just a PERSONAL opinion, that means i came here to insult someone of your family....that is the same as my saying any democrate who says republicans are dumb and evil is attacking my republican family. And drama.....who brought drama to this thread...u.....u never had to reply to my post, nor make a comment...you could have simply let it go and move on to another thread bro. And overpopulation that im causing....thats interesting because I have half my litter pre sold already and they are not even had the pups yet but sure, you can blame me.

So the reason why i posted this thread up considering peoples opinions was I had a discussion with my co worker who is a major lover of pits and would never own another dog, i simply stated i like them but would never buy one. I even made the same comment about maybe the dogs attack due to genes or maybe its ownership...he kept very calm and just said a pit isnt for everyone. Enfidel, if you got a issue with me dont respond to any post of mine. Its really just that simple. Good day to you.
    KingoftheCove:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Marker:
    If 'a lot' is 2% I would be surprised. Not trying to bust your chops but if you love the dog do a little reading and give us some statistics that make us feel better about it. Not Debbie Downer the dog.
    I dont love the dog...I can like and enjoy them but I like and enjoy just about every breed of dog...except poodles...theyre just stupid in my opinion lol jkjk
    Good thing your jk - cause actually poodles are one of the more intelligent breeds.
    And, because of their smarts, and their unusual physiques, poodles can do stuff that most dogs can't - which is why they are used in Circus acts, etc.

yeah i was just playing about poodles...they look funny to me but i do have a friend with one and if hey, they like it, thats all that counts cuz there are people who dont care for german shepards yet i do own one.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    ENFIDL:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    ENFIDL:
    This coming from somebody who is contributing to the MASSIVE dog overpopulation! and is going to profit from this instead of being a responsible pet owner and getting their animals spayed or nuetered. GTFO of here with this bs! Shorty Rossi has one that is his service dog. Pit's have been tagged as one of the top dogs for returning war vets suffering from massive amounts of ptsd because they are such great dogs but require work to train them. Let's remember this thread:http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/293768.aspx

Joey you saying that it's in their genes is total and complete crap! You sound like an ingorant racist who has no clue what he's talking about. Next time before you post something like this do some research. ANY dog can kill people breed doesn't mean a thing. I thought you said you were leaving here anyways. The door is the sign out button top right corner of your screen..........
    Whats ur issue bro? Now im no longer allowed to have a opinion....and I said MAYBE its in their Genes....not a exact guess but its just a opinion just like you stating ANY dog can kill people....should I call you a ignorant racist against all dogs???? dude...I made a estimated guess and seeing what people think about it....I just threw a story out there....I never once said I believe all pits are killers cuz of their genes...but i did make a comment "maybe" something in their genes brings out the more aggressive side....jesus dude, take a chill pill once in a while.
    my issue is you and your bs Joey. No I'm not being an ignorant racist I'm stating a simple fact unlike you saying it could be in pit bulls genes to attack and kill. all dogs have the capability to kill that's nature. Take a chill pill...really? You just came on here talking sh!t about a member of my family because that's what my dog is. And while you didn't name him he's a pit and you attacked them. Especially when it's from someone here who is an unresponsible pet owner and is contributing to the massive dog overpopulation that causes hundreds of dogs to be put to sleep daily. Plus all the drama you bring here is unneccessary and you've said how many times you're leaving..........
    i dont honestly see how by me stating just a PERSONAL opinion, that means i came here to insult someone of your family....that is the same as my saying any democrate who says republicans are dumb and evil is attacking my republican family. And drama.....who brought drama to this thread...u.....u never had to reply to my post, nor make a comment...you could have simply let it go and move on to another thread bro. And overpopulation that im causing....thats interesting because I have half my litter pre sold already and they are not even had the pups yet but sure, you can blame me.

So the reason why i posted this thread up considering peoples opinions was I had a discussion with my co worker who is a major lover of pits and would never own another dog, i simply stated i like them but would never buy one. I even made the same comment about maybe the dogs attack due to genes or maybe its ownership...he kept very calm and just said a pit isnt for everyone. Enfidel, if you got a issue with me dont respond to any post of mine. Its really just that simple. Good day to you.
    You based your personal opinion on something that isn’t true. It’s not in their genes so yeah your “personal opinion” is ridiculous and unsubstantiated by any evidence. Are you a scientist or biologist who has studied their genes? NO! Which means that you are talking out of your a$$. Comparing this to political beliefs shows how you have no comprehension of what’s going on here. Political beliefs are in no way the same as someone’s family. You comparing the two is ludicrous.

I didn’t cause unnecessary drama Joey. If I wanted to do that I would have crapped in your thread about your dog and about other stuff you’ve posted but I didn’t. I only posted in here to defend a part of my family. And yeah you are contributing to the massive dog overpopulation. Just because people are buying them that doesn’t change a single thing. Those are homes that good dogs who need a good home could have gone to but now won’t be because of your carelessness and irresponsibility.

You know what your coworker hasn’t had to deal with you and all your drama and bs on these forums so yeah you guys had whatever conversation you had and that’s all fine. Guess what I’m not him and the circumstances around both are very different. I do have an issue with you. You come in here crying about stuff then say you’re leaving then you don’t then you do crap like this. This isn’t the first time this happened to a thread you started. It’s a very repetitive thing. Not just that but you’ve screwed a lot of people on here with your shady deals and doings. I gave you a chance to right it with me and you didn’t. So to answer what you said, yes Joey I have a big problem with you.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I'm a little late on this...

These dogs are fine, there isn't any "bad" gene in them. True some breads are a bit more aggressive than others but it all comes down to the owner. From my own experience, while doing in home service for computers and AV equipment I have seen most pit owners being on the low end of the society scale. I have yet to be in a nice area, nice house that had a pit. And when I say nice, I'm not talking 500,000 dollar homes and up. Run into several places in a month that have pits and usually they are not taken care of, a lot of them spend their lives chained up outside. I saw one a few weeks ago that literally was living in piles of poop. There was so much poop that it was stacked up along a chain fence in front of the "dog" house. I actually called the police on that house. Here in portland there's a strict enforcement of animal cruelty.

I really hate how our society puts the blame on the animal for attacking people. Dogs by nature aren't bad, it's their owners and at times people who antagonize them. I have a sheltie and though she's very cute and fluffy, I get people (usually kids) who just run up to her while their parents are letting them do it. Luckily I'm an A**hole so I usually push the kids back or yell at their stupid parents and then I get the evil look from them. Why? Because I don't want my dog to bite some *** kid because their parents aren't being good parents. My dog is very friendly however she isn't a dog that likes to be surprised or piled on.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Interesting, while I searched a bit for any substance on the matter on aggression and genes on pit bulls nothing really came up. Sure a lot of blogs and the like but I couldn't find any real data on them. So maybe they do have some genes or something that make them more likely to be aggressive. I dunno. But I have to say that even if they are a more aggressive dog I doubt that they are the most dangerous. I think they just get more press because of how people have abused them. I've heard of many more bites from small dogs from co-workers that do inhome services rather than big dogs. It's more of a fear thing, most small dogs just bite because they are afraid.

My uncle has a full blooded wolf and if any dog is aggressive it would be a wolf. And he has trained him to be very nice, though I wouldn't push him. I still believe that it's all in how the animal is raised. Same can be said of people.
    phobics you video is awesome and distracting but really in the end i think a malamute we be more aggressive then a pit if it came down to it they are the size of a baby bear great dogs btw phobic mentions how dogs bite when they are scared i think we have all been around a pregnant woman it is a very scare thing, i do agree with enfidle on one thing your breeding of dogs does cause over populations hell there are plently of great dogs in pounds that need homes so you wanna make money just open a pound and charge people to get strays ive rescued all my pets but im just awesome. ill say yeah im new i dont know either of you but it may be time to find some common ground and let bigons be bigons joey if you say your gonna leave then go if you have shady deals going on with other people guess what you need to make your way out eventually being shady catches up with you enf i respect you for sticking up for apart of your family but dont feed into it man its a losing battle we can never win over the internet. last side note before im told gtfo as someone who breeds dogs i would think you would know more about this subject?
    Gurkha Man!:
    enf i respect you for sticking up for apart of your family but dont feed into it man its a losing battle we can never win over the internet.
    keyboard ninjas!
    ENFIDL:
    Gurkha Man!:
    enf i respect you for sticking up for apart of your family but dont feed into it man its a losing battle we can never win over the internet.
    keyboard ninjas!
    lol i stand corrected you have bruce lee on your side!
    I never once stated for a fact they have bad genes....I was honestly doing what anyone else here does with political threads, threads about anything from politics to freaking cigars....I was just throwing a note out there that MAYBE it has something to do with it and I would love to see some research done on it.
    Buddy it has nothing to do with dogs, its the fact that you still post here, run along...
    Diamondog:
    Buddy it has nothing to do with dogs, its the fact that you still post here, run along...
    Buddy....if you dont like my post DONT FUKIN LOOK AT THEM OR RESPOND????? wouldnt that be the easie way? but Diamondog...since you seem to be captain here I officially emailed ccom to delete my account as this place is seriously fukin bulshiiiit here where a person cant even state their own opinion about that why think anymore without being called names......I never forced anyone to deal with me, look at my post, nor responde to my post at all. So have a good one.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    If you find yourself in a hole, just keep digging.
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Diamondog:
    Buddy....if you dont like my post DONT FUKIN LOOK AT THEM OR RESPOND????? wouldnt that be the easie way? but Diamondog...since you seem to be captain here I officially emailed ccom to delete my account as this place is seriously fukin bulshiiiit here where a person cant even state their own opinion about that why think anymore without being called names......I never forced anyone to deal with me, look at my post, nor responde to my post at all. So have a good one.
    Its not about opinions, you have been called out here numerous times because of your nonsense with trades and each time you say you are leaving yet you continue to post...You are an attention seeker, this is attention seeking behavior, I can spot it a mile away I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old and its the same behavior, now grow up....And Jesus Christ, before you respond get a bloody dictionary...
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Diamondog:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Diamondog:
    Its not about opinions, you have been called out here numerous times because of your nonsense with trades and each time you say you are leaving yet you continue to post...You are an attention seeker, this is attention seeking behavior, I can spot it a mile away I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old and its the same behavior, now grow up....And Jesus Christ, before you respond get a bloody dictionary...
    *Lakota stands up on a chair as Diamondog exits the room, "Oh, Captain, my Captain..."
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    DD is right and so is Enfidl----In fact, Im so jaded to the B.S. I responded to him and didnt even think of it. I have nothing personal against the man, but he did F up trades and is an attention seeker. Enfidl also took the words out of my mouth (once I realzied it was JJ) and that is, how many times are yiou going to say ur outta here and leaving the forum??? Its like the sad ex-GF who always says she is done with you...but then comes back to give you a BJ after shes had too much to drink---pathetic. Sorry if this is bashing.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Vulchor:
    DD is right and so is Enfidl----In fact, Im so jaded to the B.S. I responded to him and didnt even think of it. I have nothing personal against the man, but he did F up trades and is an attention seeker. Enfidl also took the words out of my mouth (once I realzied it was JJ) and that is, how many times are yiou going to say ur outta here and leaving the forum??? Its like the sad ex-GF who always says she is done with you...but then comes back to give you a BJ after shes had too much to drink---pathetic. Sorry if this is bashing.
    Lol
    Diamondog:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Diamondog:
    *golf clap* Steve you are spot on brother
    cabinetmaker:
    Vulchor:
    Lol
    this is hilarious!
    j0z3r:
    If you find yourself in a hole, just keep digging.
    You'll eventually get to China! lol
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    I officially emailed ccom to delete my account as this place is seriously fukin bulshiiiit here where a person cant even state their own opinion about that why think anymore without being called names......I never forced anyone to deal with me, look at my post, nor responde to my post at all. So have a good one.
    To quote a line from the movie Tombstone...

"Well... bye."

• The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    ENFIDL:
    Diamondog:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Diamondog:
    *golf clap* Steve you are spot on brother
    +1. Where do I sign up for Captain Diamondog's Raiders? :-D

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    KingoftheCove:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Marker:

Poodles aren't stupid, in fact, Germans bred Poodles for hunting. Not many stupid dogs I know of are bred for hunting.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Diamondog:
    I laughed my ass off when I read this. Classic. So I see Joey is back, and so is the drama...sigh...