Home General Discussion

Empty cigar boxes

BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
I am trying to put together my first coolidor. I buy most of my sticks in samplers, though, so I don't have many boxes to put in it for storing the actual sticks. If anybody has any wooden cigar boxes you'd like to sell/donate/trade, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    BigT06:
    I am trying to put together my first coolidor. I buy most of my sticks in samplers, though, so I don't have many boxes to put in it for storing the actual sticks. If anybody has any wooden cigar boxes you'd like to sell/donate/trade, shoot me a PM. Thanks!
    I do not... But look around, One shop near me gives them away, one shop charges $3 a box but if you buy a crapload they just give you all they got and you end up paying $1 a box and one shop (the one I like) makes you pay $5 a box, but all the money is donated to helping kids in the Dominican Republic...

I'm sure a BOTL can help you out, if not..... try to find a cool ace B&M to help!
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Lasabar:
    BigT06:
    I do not... But look around, One shop near me gives them away, one shop charges $3 a box but if you buy a crapload they just give you all they got and you end up paying $1 a box and one shop (the one I like) makes you pay $5 a box, but all the money is donated to helping kids in the Dominican Republic...

I'm sure a BOTL can help you out, if not..... try to find a cool ace B&M to help!
    Thanks for the advise! Only prob is... there are NO good B&Ms in my area. lol. I figure in none of the BOTL on the forum have any they wanna get rid of, I can always just hit up the Beard... they gotta have a sh1tload laying around the warehouse. lol
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    BigT06:
    Lasabar:
    BigT06:

Thanks for the advise! Only prob is... there are NO good B&Ms in my area. lol. I figure in none of the BOTL on the forum have any they wanna get rid of, I can always just hit up the Beard... they gotta have a sh1tload laying around the warehouse. lol
    That's where you'd be wrong... The "Beard" (the actual BEARD no Tim) feeds on any and all inanimate objects it sees fit..... So most Cigar Boxes are devoured by the "Beards" insatiable hunger!
    Lasabar:
    BigT06:
    Lasabar:
    BigT06:

That's where you'd be wrong... The "Beard" (the actual BEARD no Tim) feeds on any and all inanimate objects it sees fit..... So most Cigar Boxes are devoured by the "Beards" insatiable hunger!
    Damn. I was afraid that might happen.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    I'm on a similar hunt. I definitely don't have any great B&M's around, but I'll give the ones I do have around here a call and see if they can help me.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    bigt, any certain ones?
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I use to buy empties here on ccom I think they were like a buck. next order include and you get it shipped free.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    When I needed some early on in my stogie days, I got some on eBay. Just saying'...
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Personally I would be weary of anything I see on Ebay. I am not going to put $300 worth of cigars in a cooler with 6 boxes I have no idea what happened to them. And yes, the $300 is a low estimate.
    jj20030:
    bigt, any certain ones?
    nope. as long as they are wood, they will work for me.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    My shop sells all the boxes for 1$ each. The super fancy ones go for 5$ each.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Marker:
    Personally I would be weary of anything I see on Ebay. I am not going to put $300 worth of cigars in a cooler with 6 boxes I have no idea what happened to them. And yes, the $300 is a low estimate.
    I wouldn't buy cigars on ebay... but empty boxes? What could possibly be wrong with cigar boxes from ebay?
    docbp87:
    Marker:
    I wouldn't buy cigars on ebay... but empty boxes? What could possibly be wrong with cigar boxes from ebay?
    Stored in poor conditions (mold, bugs, dried out, cracked, not real cedar). I would rather buy them from Ccom and KNOW they were kept in a humidor almost all the time with hand rolled cigars in them.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Marker:
    docbp87:
    Marker:
    Stored in poor conditions (mold, bugs, dried out, cracked, not real cedar). I would rather buy them from Ccom and KNOW they were kept in a humidor almost all the time with hand rolled cigars in them.
    Mold and bugs would be the only issues... Boxes don't need to be kept humidified if they are empty... And I'm pretty sure the market for fake cigar boxes is not very large. Paranoia, paranoia, everybody's comin' to get me... just say you never met me...
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    BigT06:
    jj20030:
    bigt, any certain ones?
    nope. as long as they are wood, they will work for me.
    Hey BigT let me know after you talk to jj20030, how many you still need..I may be able to get some
    heres what i got, a liga privada dirty rat, ave maria reconqista with coffin boxes, ( empty ) lol image
    a man o war puro authenico, a sol cubano artisan , a oliva v torpedo 2010 maduro and a macanudo 97 vintage maduro image
    docbp87:
    Mold and bugs would be the only issues... Boxes don't need to be kept humidified if they are empty... And I'm pretty sure the market for fake cigar boxes is not very large. Paranoia, paranoia, everybody's comin' to get me... just say you never met me...
    Taking precautions and realizing the small cost difference of buying boxes from Ccom instead of a random Ebay source is not paranoia. It is being cautious with cigars that I would like to enjoy one day, not have to throw out because I wanted to save a very small amount of money.
    jj20030:
    a man o war puro authenico, a sol cubano artisan , a oliva v torpedo 2010 maduro ( have 2 of those) and a macanudo 97 vintage maduro image
    jj, you are killing me with those V maddy and mac maddy boxes.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    BigT06:
    BRING BACK BIGT BRING BACK BIGT BRING BACK BIGT BRING BACK BIGT
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    catfishbluezz:
    BigT06:
    I live 20 mins from Todd...I guess I'm gonna have to grab Teege, go kidnap him, and hold a virtual herf with everyone
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    dbeckom:
    catfishbluezz:
    BigT06:
    I live 20 mins from Todd...I guess I'm gonna have to grab Teege, go kidnap him, and hold a virtual herf with everyone
    Ohhhhhhhhhh man..... Get his ass back here Beckom!!!!!