Home General Discussion

Thinking of something super relaxing tonight.

NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
Its been a HELL of a week. Would like to post more... maybe later. (I got a laptop free from a buddy just so I can smoke on my porch and write, and write at the cigar bar)... maybe ill get to write and smoke later.

But yea... HELL of a week. Not really looking for anything super special, just super relaxing, and for me, that means a stick I know well, and I know I'll enjoy. Nica Libra is my fall back (most of you know that...) so it will either be that, or a gurkha master select.

I'm just finding it harder and harder to unplug these days. In general. I already dont have a TV... but hell, just got a laptop... LOL! More unplug in the relaxing way. Even vacations or mini weekend away kinda stuff have been stressful. Planning, packing, making sure everything goes ok. Then half way through, you realize its almost over and start to worry about work. I really sometimes wish we could do it like they wanted in the movie Office Space. Can you just hypnotize me so while im at work, I can just think im fishing all day?

Comments

• james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Grab a couple of beers and go watch office space on your laptop. It will make you feel better.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I'll smoke with you right now bro..
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    im a few minutes away... will post when im puffing up
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    K I'm going to go watch united states of Tara great show and I'm thinking Aston VSG.
    Tried a carlos Torano 1959, not crazy bout it. switching to a Nica Libre! (also having net connection issues on the balcony!!! blargh)
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I smoke with my laptop on a regular basis, reading, or watching films of television shows on it. If I am writing a review, I obviously do that on my laptop while smoking.
    OK, hit up the Nica Libre, usually my fav.. and it too was bitter tonite. Not sure whats up. Maybe things are off in my coolerdor? The beads looked a bit dry, I wet them down again, but still. Could I just be in so foul a mood that even my favorite cigar tastes like crap right now?

The coolerdor IS packed tight, maybe there isnt enough air flow in there? What would make a stick taste way more bitter than usual? Too dry or too moist?
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Sometimes Nica Libres are just bitter tasting. It's one of the prices we pay for affordable smokes - inconsistency. When they're good they're great, when they're not they're bitter. It's not you, that's just how Nica Libre rolls. Light another!!!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Never had much luck with Nica Libres... not just from a not enjoying the flavor standpoint. They have just been plagued with construction problems in my experience.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    docbp87:
    Never had much luck with Nica Libres... not just from a not enjoying the flavor standpoint. They have just been plagued with construction problems in my experience.
    Im not much of a fan either. Ive heard people say they are like a more economical Padron. I CALL BULLSHIT! The only thing they have in common is they are both cigars. LOL

PM sent

• Duke2Duke2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 393
    I can relate to your feelings. I was in Law Enforcement for 27 years. I would be half way through my vacation before I mellowed out. The last 8 years was as a Sergeant so I was always worried what the children had done while I was away because all their sins would be in my inbox when I returned to work.

I retired 12 years ago so everyday now is a Saturday.  But it did take me about 6 months to wind down. Hang in there things will get better. I always found that a good cigar and three fingers of my favorite bourbon helped me mellow out. 
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Relax... and yeah, it must be Wisconsin weather, I've had two cigars that burned like hell and tasted like tobacco and that's it... harsh.... I checked my wine cooler with two separate Digi Hygros and it's at 66%.... Must just be the Ambient crap around town lately! GRRRRRR
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    The Sniper:
    docbp87:
    Im not much of a fan either. Ive heard people say they are like a more economical Padron. I CALL BULLSHIT! The only thing they have in common is they are both cigars. LOL

PM sent

+10! Agreed!