Home General Discussion

Possibly Stupid Question

Duke2Duke2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 393
I usually buy my sticks at B&M's in Lubbock, Texas or through CI. Today I placed an order through CCom for the MOW Box-Press sampler. During checkout I noticed that CI and CCom are at the same address in the same city. Are both companies related?

Not a big deal just curious.

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    I believe that both ship from the same warehouse.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    They are sister companies
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROUND 3,238,325
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    If I remember correctly, CI and CCom are different companies, but owned by the same parent company and ship from the same huge warehouse. However, I much prefer CCom to CI as the customer service is much better and the reps are willing to work with you and give you better deals most of the time if you just call. For me, CCom has a 100% positive record.

Now, before you go to CBid, yes, it's the bidding version of CI, but their customer service is spotty at best. Sometimes, they'll help you if something goes wrong. Other times, they'll leave you flapping in the wind. I once won a bid for a humidor and several days later, I received a broken humidor that looked like someone had been playing soccer with it. CBid reps told me to ship it back out of my own pocket to get a refund and refused to reimburse me for the 30 dollar shipping. So basically, I paid 30 dollars just to get 75 bucks back. Never again.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    dbeckom:
    They are sister companies

Actually, I asked that question of a customer service lady at CI and she told me that they're not connected at all, they just use the same 'order fulfillment firm' (read "warehouse").
  • Duke2Duke2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 393
    Thanks Guys for clearing that up. Sometimes the Cop in me gets curious. Can't wait to check out the MOW sampler.