Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 486
    Puff_Dougie:
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    Im gonna guess Memories of Me
    Survey says... BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Sorry Shadow... good guess though!
    I dont think i got to vote on this survey...
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    phobicsquirrel:
    Okay so I'm hoping some of you like movies.. So this works like the fun and games pass so same rules apply. 1 answer per 24 hours, must be on the good trader list and the winner is to be sent at least 4 cigars. More if the sender would like too. Nothing has to be super premium but it's always a pleasant surprise. So I'll start the thing rolling...

So this is one of my all time favorite movies, it won an Antennae II Award and it had 2 male animals that posed as male and female...
    bump
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Okay so I'm hoping some of you like movies.. So this works like the fun and games pass so same rules apply. 1 answer per 24 hours, must be on the good trader list and the winner is to be sent at least 4 cigars. More if the sender would like too. Nothing has to be super premium but it's always a pleasant surprise. So I'll start the thing rolling...

bump
    Current Movie Challenge:

Clue #1 - This movie is a drama, directed by a 1970's sit com star.

Clue #2 - The actor who played the main role in this drama was also a 1970's sit com star, but from a different sit com. Both sit coms, however, were spin-offs from another one, set in the 1950's.
    Puff_Dougie:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    phobicsquirrel:

bump
    Current Movie Challenge:

Clue #2 - The actor who played the main role in this drama was also a 1970's sit com star, but from a different sit com. Both sit coms, however, were spin-offs from another one, set in the 1950's.
    Clue #3 - The female lead in this movie is played by an actress best known for being the voice of a beloved character from a long-running animated TV comedy.
    Puff_Dougie:
    Puff_Dougie:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    phobicsquirrel:

bump
    Current Movie Challenge:

Clue #3 - The female lead in this movie is played by an actress best known for being the voice of a beloved character from a long-running animated TV comedy.
    OK... either everyone has lost interest in this game, or my clues suck! Let's try another clue and see what happens...

Clue #4 - The leading role in this movie was a big change for the actor, who is usually known for his hyper-active, improvisational comedy talents, first showcased in his role as a rainbow suspender-wearing alien in the TV sit com referenced in Clue #2.
    Son of a gun... its right there on the tip of my toung. I know who you are talking about with #4
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    Son of a gun... its right there on the tip of my toung. I know who you are talking about with #4
    I looked in the miorr and saw it
    Awakenings with Robin Williams
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    Ding Ding Ding!!! And, we have a WINNER!

Nice job Shadow!! PM your addy and the next movie is all yours!

Clue Solutions (in case anyone was curious)

Answer: Penny Marshall, TV's Laverne from Laverne & Shirley

Answer: Robin Williams, from Mork & Mindy, another spin-off from Happy Days

Answer: Julie Kavner, the voice of Marge Simpson

Clue #4 - The leading role in this movie was a big change for the actor, who is usually known for his hyper-active, improvisational comedy talents, first showcased in his role as a rainbow suspender-wearing alien in the TV sit com referenced in Clue #2.
    Answer: Serious role for the actor who we first knew as Mork from Orc
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    Bet you're right. That's what I was thinking. Penny Marshall-LaVerne (or Shirley?) and Mork.
    Pm Sent
    Clue will be up tonight when i think of a good one
    Clue #1 This movies scrip was orignally called "Everybody Comes to Rick's"
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    And the main character always plays chess. But I'm not answering.
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    I got it too... but not answering. :^)
    Wow was this one that easy?
    If you are familiar with classic movies, that was a pretty easy clue. But let's see if anybody else gets it. Might have been more obvious to me just because I'm older than dirt. :^)
    It's about 30 years before I was born
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    It's about 30 years before I was born
    Is that clue #2? LOL!
    Shadow... check your PM
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    Wow was this one that easy?
    Quite easy. Well, for younger folks I suppose it might not be.
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Am I missing something? Everyone knows it's Casablanca but know one is posting? Are we giving him another movie?
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Echambers:
    Am I missing something? Everyone knows it's Casablanca but know one is posting? Are we giving him another movie?
    I didn't answer, cause it would hurt my brain to try and think up the questions and all.
    Echambers:

Pm Echambers
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    Echambers:

Pm Echambers
    Replied
  • flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    0patience:
    Echambers:
    I didn't answer, cause it would hurt my brain to try and think up the questions and all.
    HAHA, I respect a man who is honest!!!
    Echambers:
    I didn't answer because I had just won and wanted to give someone else a chance.
    I'll post the first clue after the Super Bowl.
    Puff_Dougie:
    Echambers:
    I didn't answer because I had just won and wanted to give someone else a chance.
    I didn't answer because I make the clues too hard and drive the fun out of the game when I win.
    Martel:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Echambers:
    I didn't answer because I make the clues too hard and drive the fun out of the game when I win.

Sorry... couldn't resist. ;^p
    First clue:

Movie in the 1960s, reimagined as a tv drama in the 1980s

New clue tomorrow unless someone guesses tonight.
    Bump because I don't want to have to think of another clue.