Home General Discussion

Introduction

Duke2Duke2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 393
Just registered here after lurking for several weeks. Somethings about me are I am a retired law enforcement officer and I live in the southeast corner of New Mexico.

I have smoked cigars off and on for the better part of 30 years but started getting serious about it after I retired 12 years ago. I don't have a B&M in my town so I have to order them or drive 110 miles one way to Lubbock, Texas to a B&M there.

My current favorites are as follows: 1- Any of the Gurkha line
                                                      2- Arturo Fuente Hemingway
                                                      3- Romeo Y Julieta

I look forward to getting to know you folks and contributing where I can.

Greg Adams

Comments

• jbraslinsjbraslins Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
    Welcome :) Hemingways is what got me into cigars.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Welcome to the forum. If you're getting serious about cigars, you should seriously get the biggest cooler from SAMs that you can find cause it will be full in no time.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Welcome to the forums bro.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    welcome , want to try a variety email tim blythe a ccom rep.and ask him to put together a sampler of what you like or looking for,
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Welcome Duke. After 30 years of leaf I believe you will be a constant contributor to the forum.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Welcome to the group and let us introduce you to blender/maker AJ Fernandez.
  • Duke2Duke2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 393
    Thanks for the welcome guys. I will have to look into the cooler thing as I am running out of space to add additional humidors. I have two that are full and another on the way.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    Welcome to the boards Greg, glad to have you. Hope you stay for awhile.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Welcome, brother!
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    Welcome, and let me echo the idea of getting a coolidor. You're going to need it. :)
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Welcome aboard Greg, good to have you.
  • grannejagranneja Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 382
    Welcome to the forum. The knowledge and fellowship you will get here is second to none! Catch up with the Beard if you are looking to expand the cigars tried. Also +1 on trying the AJ sticks!
    Folks I understand who the Beard is but what is it about a sampler? I am interested in the Man Of War series but which would you suggest I start with? I am partial to full body sticks.

Thanks
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Hello Mr. Greg.... Er, Officer, SIR...

You'll find that many people on these forums are outstanding gents, myself included....

ALSO, there was a VAST time frame where my account was hacked and some miscreant was posting as me... So, uh, if you happen to see anything illegal, that was.... My hacked account
    Duke2:
    Folks I understand who the Beard is but what is it about a sampler? I am interested in the Man Of War series but which would you suggest I start with? I am partial to full body sticks.

Thanks
    Here's the BEST part.... Call or email (tblythe@cigar.com) and the BEARD will hook you up with a customer sampler made just for you... And I'll be jiggered if the prices just aren't super delicious as well!

Seriously though.... If you know a basis of what you want... CALL they will make you an epic sampler that no one else can touch!
    Try them all man. The whole line is fantastic. Ruination and Puro Authentico especially! The Beard can hook you up with a nice MOW Sampler so you can explore the entire line if you so please.
    Lasabar:
    Duke2:

Thanks
    Here's the BEST part.... Call or email (tblythe@cigar.com) and the BEARD will hook you up with a customer sampler made just for you... And I'll be jiggered if the prices just aren't super delicious as well!

Seriously though.... If you know a basis of what you want... CALL they will make you an epic sampler that no one else can touch!
    ^true story! I've had a few custom Beard built samplers that have been SICK!
    Lasabar:
    Hello Mr. Greg.... Er, Officer, SIR...

You'll find that many people on these forums are outstanding gents, myself included....

ALSO, there was a VAST time frame where my account was hacked and some miscreant was posting as me... So, uh, if you happen to see anything illegal, that was.... My hacked account
    Nice try Lassie! Lassie is our beloved class clown shoe
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Welcome, and steer clear of Lassie when he is on a bender.
    roland_7707:
    Welcome, and steer clear of Lassie when he is on a bender.
    What is this "Bender" you speak of???? I only come on here with the greatest intentions of gaining and surveying knowledge... Nothing more, nothing less
    Thanks Guys I will try to link up with the Beard.

Lasabar don't worry about your hacked account. I don't get paid to see anything anymore. I am now like Sgt. Shoults " I know nothing " and after 27 years I like it that way.
    Duke2:

Lasabar don't worry about your hacked account. I don't get paid to see anything anymore. I am now like Sgt. Shoults " I know nothing " and after 27 years I like it that way.
    YES!!!!

In PreSchool I stole a toy motorcycle from the toy bin... I regretted it immensely but it was my FAVORITE TOY

In Gradeschool an annoying kid was running right past me and I stuck my foot out to trip him and he slid headfirst into a door... Still didn't know/think I tripped him
    I broke my friends toy in gradeschool as well and blamed it on a football throw

I yelled at my pastor as a 11 year old because he burst into me in the bathroom (not Catholic... so Don't worry) and I still feel bad about it

In High School I did burn outs and ran the bases at my high school field
    I had a fake ID since I was 17

Ahhhhhhh...... You can't do ANYTHING AHAHAHAHAH~!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Lasabar:
    Duke2:

YES!!!!

In PreSchool I stole a toy motorcycle from the toy bin... I regretted it immensely but it was my FAVORITE TOY

In Gradeschool an annoying kid was running right past me and I stuck my foot out to trip him and he slid headfirst into a door... Still didn't know/think I tripped him
    I broke my friends toy in gradeschool as well and blamed it on a football throw

I yelled at my pastor as a 11 year old because he burst into me in the bathroom (not Catholic... so Don't worry) and I still feel bad about it

In High School I did burn outs and ran the bases at my high school field
    I had a fake ID since I was 17

Ahhhhhhh...... You can't do ANYTHING AHAHAHAHAH~!

Good ol Lassy, Cigar.com's OFFICIAL Welcoming Committee of 1.

Lassy, don't worry, those words are OFFICIAL, not OFFICER and COMMITTEE not COMMITTED.............

Oh yeah, welcome to the boards Greg.......Just so you know Lassy isn't the only crazy one, he is just the most visable.......

Works for me guys. I like his sense of humor. I can see that hanging out here is going to be interesting and a lot of fun.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    Welcome. There's A wealth of knowledge here.
  • ltherronltherron Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 60
    Also new to the forum and also live in eastern NM and know the pain of that 2 hour drive to the B&M stores in Lubbock. Last time I was over there I drove around to 3 different stores looking for anything from AJ with no luck. Settled for some gurkhas from H&L
    ltherron

I am in Hobbs, N.M. no B&M here. The drive to Lubbock, Tx is so scenic it sucks. I try to order what I want and pay the shipping. Whereabouts in Eastern N.M. you at? Portales maybe.
  • ltherronltherron Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 60
    Yep a few miles north of there. I have found somewhat of a B&M in Clovis. One of the smoke shops (can’t remember the name) has turned an old walk in cooler into a humidor. They don’t have much of a selection but it could be an option if you ever find yourself in a pinch.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    ltherron:
    Yep a few miles north of there. I have found somewhat of a B&M in Clovis. One of the smoke shops (can’t remember the name) has turned an old walk in cooler into a humidor. They don’t have much of a selection but it could be an option if you ever find yourself in a pinch.
    I know of a good shpo in Amarillo. if your interested Ill send you a pm