Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Patel Royal Vintage Robusto

kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
image This 5.5×50 semi-box pressed stick offers a medium tan wrapper with a dry paper texture, minimal veins, tight invisible seams, an even spongy give and faint nut and tobacco aroma. First light reveals a loose draw, typical of RP, good smoke output but it’s very light and airy. Medium bodied flavors of a bitter oily tobacco with a long finish dominate. The first third transitions to an oily, creamy nut with a solid medium body and long finish of the same. Burn is perfect, ash is tight and white. 20 minutes in at the start of the 2nd third flavors ramp up to medium-full body with a very rich and creamy caramel, with an oily pepper and spice finish. Ending 50 minutes in, the last third changed to a big creamy nut flavor keeping the pepper and spicy oily finish but dropping the caramel. http://cigarobsession.com/2011/08/02/rocky-patel-royal-vintage-robusto-cigar-review/

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    i dont see a lotta love for the rp rv around a few other sites but i love em , nice review
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I like this cigar, to me it tastes like a mix of the 90 and 92 together. Guess he could have called it the RP Vintage 1993. I bought some a few years ago when they first came out (still have a few actually), only difference I see now is that he box presses them.
  • kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
    I don't see a resemblance to eh 1990 or 1992 besides the cream. No coffee, cocoa, chocolate, this was much airier. Great burn though, that's a RP trademark IMO.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    kaelaria:
    I don't see a resemblance to eh 1990 or 1992 besides the cream. No coffee, cocoa, chocolate, this was much airier. Great burn though, that's a RP trademark IMO.
    which is your fav. of the 90/92
  • kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
    Ya know I've gone back and forth and it really depends on what I'm doing. For example just shooting the *** outside I usually feel like a 1992 although it's been a long time since I had one. I used to love my 1990's with a Baileys at the bar.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    kaelaria:
    Ya know I've gone back and forth and it really depends on what I'm doing. For example just shooting the *** outside I usually feel like a 1992 although it's been a long time since I had one. I used to love my 1990's with a Baileys at the bar.
    I have gone back and forth with these two too. ( ha-ha) I smoked a ton of the 90's, and a ton and a half of the 92's. So I guess I like the 92 better.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Haven't tried the 92. But I loved the 90. Still got 2 sitting at the bottom of the humi. Let em rest for a few more months or more.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    kaelaria:
    Interesting, I'm sure the blend has changed since the first time these were released. I wouldn't mind trying one of the new ones to compare.