Home General Discussion

just in the nick of time..............

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
Figured I'll have room for some smokes............moocher brother-in-law coming over, he's good for two or three over the weekend- I'm gonna smoke 5 or 6 ..........there's space available!

So I start shopping........that crazy volatile place on CI - the Daily Deal - had one of my favorite smokes on there, the Padilla Signature 1932 Robusto for a VERY good price...........then crap happens at work, and I actually HAVE to work and walk away from my computer...................hate that!!

The whole time I'm stressing that I'm gonna miss the deal..........got back to it in 15 min, and slammed my order home...............got confirmation.................relaxed.

Not 2 minutes later the deal was gone...............moved on to Gurkha Titans...............got lots of those thankfully!

Comments

• AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 648
    ill take the liberty of continuing your story for you....>> Then I realized that WalMart has 160qt coolers and decided to by one since I didnt buy ANY smokes today..... NOW THERE REALLY IS MORE ROOM!! /end
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    AJGARLETT:
    ill take the liberty of continuing your story for you....>> Then I realized that WalMart has 160qt coolers and decided to by one since I didnt buy ANY smokes today..... NOW THERE REALLY IS MORE ROOM!! /end
    ha! - that's good.......but that can't happen!
    I'm holding the line at 120 sticks.......one "big" humi, one small one

I have plenty of coolers - big ones too...................even thought about buying some empty cigar boxes "just in case".......already sketched out my coolidor design..................
    but........not going there...........can't go there...............I don't feel good................

• jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    KingoftheCove:
    AJGARLETT:
    ha! - that's good.......but that can't happen!
    I'm holding the line at 120 sticks.......one "big" humi, one small one

I have plenty of coolers - big ones too...................even thought about buying some empty cigar boxes "just in case".......already sketched out my coolidor design..................
    but........not going there...........can't go there...............I don't feel good................

yea ok, i held that line too as a 100 others here,lmao, now i have 1 300, 1 250, 2 100's, a 30 and a 20 all full
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Don't know if the price is any better, but the '32 robusto is on the best of the daily deal right now. With free shipping and cotm discount that could be a nice deal.
    Russ55:
    Don't know if the price is any better, but the '32 robusto is on the best of the daily deal right now. With free shipping and cotm discount that could be a nice deal.
    I thought so too - that's why I was stoked I got it
    becoming a fan of sorts of the Padilla line - just had a Dominus Toro tonight (my first) - delicious!<br.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    I wish I had the same willpower as you. Coolidor number 2 is under construction at the moment.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    KingoftheCove:
    Russ55:
    becoming a fan of sorts of the Padilla line - just had a Dominus Toro tonight (my first) - delicious!
    Have you tried the Miami, 68, or 48 yet? All great smokes, my favorites from Padilla.
    alienmisprint:
    KingoftheCove:
    Russ55:
    becoming a fan of sorts of the Padilla line - just had a Dominus Toro tonight (my first) - delicious!
    Have you tried the Miami, 68, or 48 yet? All great smokes, my favorites from Padilla.
    yep..... tried the 68 (several variations) and the Miami - all good, have not tried the 48......yet.
    Of the 118 sticks in my meager collection, 44 are various Padillas of various vitolas.
    Next it's Gurkha - 11, Gran Habano - 10, and then it drops off to 20+ different varieties at 1 to 5 each..........meager!!
    But..........I'm still holding the line, I've set a pick in the dirt and stopped my slide down the gopher hole....................(psst..........I've been sketching the frame design for my coolidor.........)

JudoChinX:
    I wish I had the same willpower as you. Coolidor number 2 is under construction at the moment.
    yeah.....well..........the "pressure" is building...................I've only been back into the hobby about 9 months....................realistically, stepping outside and looking at my situation, I'd have to say a coolidor is coming...................I'm just trying to delay the inevitable.

It's not that I "want" a coolidor.......................I just understand that to develop a proper smoking and resting cycle, based on my current smoking rate (which I'm sure will not increase much) - I nevertheless need to be in possession of about 400+ sticks......................oops.........my 150ct humi falls a bit short.