Home General Discussion

How often do you smoke and do you have a hard time puttin a good cigar down?

acewoodsonacewoodson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
Was just wondering how often you guys smoke? My college doesn't permit tobacco use on campus so this summer while on my internship I have enjoyed 1 a week which is my budget since internships don't pay much. Also is it just me or when you get a good cigar do you have trouble putting it out. I smoked a CAO Camaroon today til I just couldn't hold it without getting burned. It was awesome.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Yes and no. If a cigar is good but starts to fade or get bitter, I have no problem letting it die. Then there are the infrequent cigars that are just as you described, good to the last drop, and those I do have a hard time putting down. For those cigars, I picked up a little trick from bandyt09, using my Xikar scissors, I gently clamp down on the end of the cigar so my fingers are not getting burned, I've gotten an extra 5-10 minutes out of a cigar doing this...the one downside is that the blades get hot and the lips get burned, but tis worth it.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    I usually smoke one a day. Sometimes I might skip a day or two depending on what I'm doing. I also liketo nub a good cigar! But like Joe said, depending on the taste is when I'll let it go. If it changes for the worst on me...I'm done. But if it keeps going strong, I'll get it down to about an inch or so.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    2 in the evning sometimes 3 with icy cold beer
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    I fluctuate on my frequency... I usually get between 2-5 sticks per week... sometimes more, sometimes less... This week I've had one per day because I'm coming of a really busy month... I might even fire up 2 today...
    I'd say about i smoke about one in ever five sticks to the absolute nub... sometimes they are just too damned good to let die... I recent had my first CAO Sopranos Edition and I smoked that thing until I acutally burned my fingers... then I grabbed these little ice cube tongs that I have on my bar and smoked it some more... THAT was a good smoke... for the rest that are good, but get hot and bitter toward the end, I leave about an inch... and those that are REALLY bad, well I put them out and fire up a Diesel Unlimited to purge the bad taste from my mouth!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    2 to 3 per day...
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 503
    I usually do 2 per day but it varies based on mood and how much time I have. I start with a small corona like a MOW puro with coffee in the am and end the day with something a little larger, usually with a single malt or a beer depending on the stick.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    In the summer, about 1 per day. In the winter here (Montana) very infrequently, as I have no indoors place to smoke anymore (grumbles at communist anti-smoking laws).

When I need to, I simply hang onto the nubs that deserve it with my Leatherman, prompting a laugh from the crew about roach clips. I just simply tell them I am a child of the 70's, and this ain't my first rodeo. ;)
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    robbyras:
    I fluctuate on my frequency... I usually get between 2-5 sticks per week... sometimes more, sometimes less... This week I've had one per day because I'm coming of a really busy month... I might even fire up 2 today...
    I'd say about i smoke about one in ever five sticks to the absolute nub... sometimes they are just too damned good to let die... I recent had my first CAO Sopranos Edition and I smoked that thing until I acutally burned my fingers... then I grabbed these little ice cube tongs that I have on my bar and smoked it some more... THAT was a good smoke... for the rest that are good, but get hot and bitter toward the end, I leave about an inch... and those that are REALLY bad, well I put them out and fire up a Diesel Unlimited to purge the bad taste from my mouth!
    This pretty much describes my smoking habits to a T. Just depends how busy I am and how good the stick is.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    I smoked 1 a day when working and 2-4 over the weekend. Since being let go and because of some awesome BOLT here I can smoke 2 a day at the moment. I have a hard time putting down a good stick, but an OK stick I can leave 2 inchs on. I have gotten to the point where I won't smoke something I don't like. I might light up a stick smoke for 5-10 mins then put it down and get something else.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I smoke 1 or 2 a week, sometimes 3. And why would I put down a good cigar? If it's good I smoke it 'till it burns my fingers, and then some more. That trick Joe mentioned with the Xikar scissors works well. I need to get a pair of those.