Home Ratings & Reviews

Alec Bradley Tempus

grannejagranneja Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 382
Just smoked an Alec Bradley Tempus tonight and I must say that was a nice cigar. I bought it several months ago in a sampler pack from ccom. I haven't developed the palate to discern the flavors yet but I will get there. The construction was good, a few veins and though the burn was a bit uneven in the first third it really cleaned up and was even to the nub. I definitely would smoke one again. Anyone have any comments on the flavor profile to help me compare the flavors I tasted?

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    granneja:
    Just smoked an Alec Bradley Tempus tonight and I must say that was a nice cigar. I bought it several months ago in a sampler pack from ccom. I haven't developed the palate to discern the flavors yet but I will get there. The construction was good, a few veins and though the burn was a bit uneven in the first third it really cleaned up and was even to the nub. I definitely would smoke one again. Anyone have any comments on the flavor profile to help me compare the flavors I tasted?
    Recommendation would be to get more samplers.... Let them sit and then smoke the HELL out of them...

Reason being that most smokes take some "Resting" in the humi to fully develop...

Case in point... I had a AB Tempus Tonight that was MANY months old (almost a year) and I was at a 4th of July Party and left my Herf-A-Dor outside and condensation got to it.... 10 days later the thing smoked liked a DONKEY!!! Not that AB Tempus is a bad cigar, but it had to rest at first, and then I mucked it up and it would have done better with another month or two of resting so as not to go CRAZY on me and taste like a dog rocket.... Again, it may have been just the cigar, but I believe environment is a huge factor!
  • grannejagranneja Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 382
    How much time do you normally rest your new cigars?
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    granneja:
    How much time do you normally rest your new cigars?
    Depends on taste and budget...

The LONGER the better... Most cigars I've smoked at my OWN Humidity and Temp have been better and better the longer they've sat... But from shipping to smoking I'd say at least a 2 week-3 week stint if you wanna smoke right away...

Some guys like to smoke ROTT "Right Off The Truck" and see what it is... and then rest the others to smoke later... This is a good thing to do if you are buying boxes or mulit-packs
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Love the Tempus, JZ bought a box of Tempus Centuria when my 2nd son was born. They age VERY well. Guess it should...it is called TEMPUS after all ;)
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    After I was warned about the ROTT, I have shied away from doing that. I like to let mine rest like Lasabar said for at least three weeks. Since I am relatively new, I have had some that have been sitting for several months. They look great, but I really want to let them rest for as long as I can take it.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    granneja:

Jesse, do you have another one? If not, can you remember what this one tasted like, say in one weeks time? If so, PM me your address and I will send you a Tempus Quadrum that has at least 12 months on it but probably closer to 18, then you can see for yourself what aging will do for a cigar; of course without the 12 to 18 month wait. I don't want anything for it, I would like to share the experience with another BOTL to help keep them hooked on this wonderful hobby.