Home Ratings & Reviews

Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles

kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
image This 4 5/8×42 cigar features a dark brown satin wrapper with minimal veins, tight invisible seams, a nice triple cap and rich oily tobacco aroma. First light reveals a very tight draw but with good smoke production. Flavors are medium-full bodied giving a thick and chewy leather with an earthy pepper finish. The first third shows much the same flavors, dropping the body to a medium and the smoke is a bit less thick. Burn is excellent and the draw is still very tight. 30 minutes in at the 1/2 way point I clip it once again to try and open up the draw to no avail. It’s still very tight and quite difficult to draw and smoke, but it’s still putting off good smoke and flavors. Ending at 45 minutes the last bit showed no further changes. http://cigarobsession.com/2011/07/10/tatuaje-havana-vi-angeles-cigar-review/

Comments

• AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 648
    Hi Brian, Just want to say I enjoy your reviews and use them as a reference point as I develop my palate. The fact that you don't show favoritism and are still willing to point out flaws in donated smokes/smoking accessories really lends credibility to what you do. Thanks and please keep up the great work!
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Man, you've gotta try another one. I've had about three of them and have had no draw problems, sounds like just a bad one. These and the MoW Puro's have really gotten me into smaller ring gauges.
  • kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Ken Light:
    Man, you've gotta try another one. I've had about three of them and have had no draw problems, sounds like just a bad one. These and the MoW Puro's have really gotten me into smaller ring gauges.

+1 to this...all of this
  • GLPartoyanGLPartoyan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
    Good to know, but I'm gun-shy.  I've had two Tatuaje Miami Tainos and a My Father 2011 Limited Edition recently, each of which was plugged enough for me to put 'em down half-way through.  If I'm going to spend a lot of money on an unhealthy bad habit, I at least want the draw to be easy.  Strange, since everyone raves about the DPG-made cigars, and the My Father No. 1 is one of the most perfect-performing cigars I've ever had.  Anyway, I will try the Tatuaje Havana VI and keep my fingers crossed.  Thanks for the post!
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    GLPartoyan:
    Good to know, but I'm gun-shy.  I've had two Tatuaje Miami Tainos and a My Father 2011 Limited Edition recently, each of which was plugged enough for me to put 'em down half-way through.  If I'm going to spend a lot of money on an unhealthy bad habit, I at least want the draw to be easy.  Strange, since everyone raves about the DPG-made cigars, and the My Father No. 1 is one of the most perfect-performing cigars I've ever had.  Anyway, I will try the Tatuaje Havana VI and keep my fingers crossed.  Thanks for the post!
    That sucks, I've never had anything close to a draw problem with any tat or my father... or any other DPG stick for that matter... you have some horrible luck, my friend.

but, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!