Home General Discussion

What are your favorite puros?

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
So....what are your favorite puros?

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    I was trying to think about this one for a while before responding. You know as long as it is Nicaraguan... I LOVE puro's. There is something about the way they blend and just seem to fit together. Not too surprising if you follow things like the 100 mile diet and such... it seems to make complete sense actually. Good question Chris.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Thanks Laker, I am quite interested to see what people say.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    camacho has many honduran puros that i love. camacho is the reason why my favorite growing region is honduras.
    the punch gran puro is another favorite honduran puro...
    However, DPG, AJ, and to a lesser degree, Oliva have made me take a long hard look at nicaraguan tobacco.
    kuzi16:
    camacho has many honduran puros that i love. camacho is the reason why my favorite growing region is honduras.
    However, DPG, AJ, and to a lesser degree, Oliva have made me take a long hard look at nicaraguan tobacco.
    that surprising considering how much u dislike RP
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:
    he produces very few honduran tobacco cigars. only the factory is in honduras.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I really like Nicaraguan puros. But there is a lot to be said for a well blended cigar using tobaccos from multiple regions. Balance is the best quality in a cigar to me.
    kuzi16:
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:
    he produces very few honduran tobacco cigars. only the factory is in honduras.
    I'm just glad to see u are revisiting Nicaraguan tobacco, I'm a big fan of it...not just a few of RP cigars...but alot of the cigars from that location.
    hard not to when you take a trip to nicaragua. after being there and understanding the culture and what they are going for it puts a new light on things. i mean, i smoked 4 nicaraguan cigars a day every day while i was down there. you really understand them when the owner of a company hands you a cigar and starts to talk all about them as you are smoking them. all new respect for a country i already respected.

honduran tobacco was my first love in the cigar world. when talking puros i will always mention it.

of course im surprised nobody has mentioned Dominican Tobacco.
    anyone remember that one cigar the uh... um... OpusX?
    dominican puro.

and what about the LG? both damn fine dominican puros.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    only had one cohiba puro dominicana but like it , have a couple more restin
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Never had a puro except for MOW PA (at least, not one I knew about when I was smoking it); I liked the MOW's so much, I'm probably gonna try to get into some more puro's soon
    kuzi16:
    hard not to when you take a trip to nicaragua. after being there and understanding the culture and what they are going for it puts a new light on things. i mean, i smoked 4 nicaraguan cigars a day every day while i was down there. you really understand them when the owner of a company hands you a cigar and starts to talk all about them as you are smoking them. all new respect for a country i already respected.

honduran tobacco was my first love in the cigar world. when talking puros i will always mention it.

of course im surprised nobody has mentioned Dominican Tobacco.
    anyone remember that one cigar the uh... um... OpusX?
    dominican puro.

and what about the LG? both damn fine dominican puros.
    have you had the RP 1961? If not, you might wanna give it a try. It has a Nicaraguan binder with a Honduran wrapper. Not a bad smoke imo.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Litto Gomez Diez Chisel
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I like Davidoff's Puro d'Oro. The Opus too. Been toying with the idea of box purchase of both, but they're on the spendy side. I seem to be gravitating towards Dominican stuff lately though. I need to try that LG Diez sometime.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    This is a tough question but a great topic! My favorite is probably the Litto Gomez Diez. The '09 is the only one I've had but it wad absolutely amazing. I could honestly smoke one every day for the rest of my life and be happy with it.
    PuroFreak:
    This is a tough question but a great topic! My favorite is probably the Litto Gomez Diez. The '09 is the only one I've had but it wad absolutely amazing. I could honestly smoke one every day for the rest of my life and be happy with it.
    I need to try the litto Gomez. I keep hearing things about it.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    San Cristobal, one of my favorite cigars anyway and a Nic. puro to boot!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Opus X! Also, Padron says their cigars are Nicaraguan Puros, but I have a hard time being convinced about their maduro wrapper. So I guess the Padron 1926 naturals (which I like more than their maduros anyway actually)

Also, everything from the Forbidden Island is a Puro. Some of my favorites there are the Trinidad Reyes, Partagas 898, and the Hoyo De Monterrey Hoyo Des Dieux (which is one of my favorite blends ever... no ligero in it at all. Makes for a fascinating, smooth, delicate, and subtle profile)

Oooh and yeah, Kuzi is right on the money. Camacho/Honduras. Camacho is a brand that everyone knows but I don't think they necessarily get enough chatter around here. Even the relatively inexpensive Camacho Corojo is just packed with awesome sweet, nutty flavor with just enough spice and body to make it live up to Camacho's rep.
    docbp87:
    Even the relatively inexpensive Camacho Corojo is just packed with awesome sweet, nutty flavor with just enough spice and body to make it live up to Camacho's rep.
    that inexpensive cigar was one of CAs top cigars of the year.

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Krieg:
    PuroFreak:
    I need to try the litto Gomez. I keep hearing things about it.
    I've only had one and it was amazing! When I get a new job I will be buying a box of these as a celebration!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I love the Camacho Honduran puro's but I think it is because I have had so many Nicaraguan puro's that I got desensitized to how good the Nic's are.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    Camacho Coyolar is fantastic! The Corojo is awesome as well. My #1 all time favorite I've heard is a Nic puro, El Cobre.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    Duder2:
    Camacho Coyolar is fantastic! The Corojo is awesome as well. My #1 all time favorite I've heard is a Nic puro, El Cobre.
    I've seen a few coments on here regarding how good the El Cobre is. I guess I'm gonna have to find a couple of em to try.