Home General Discussion

OpusX...market price?

y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
I was at a cigar lounge in the North End of Boston herfing with lilwing and raschnuts. On the cigar menu they had their OpusX's listed @ "market price", like it was lobster or Alaskan king crab or something. I asked the waitress how much? $76! I was speechless! I wanted to ask if it would add length and girth if I smoked it!

Comments

• AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 648
    I get that B&M's are there to make a profit, I just think it can be done without ridiculous "market prices" etc... Car dealers are notorious for this on new models that are "hot" or limited run. The great thing about capitalism, as a consumer I can choose to patronize businesses that dont price gouge! Mike, was this CigarMasters?
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Stanza dei Sigari on Hanover St. Real nice place, just a lot of their inventory was out of my normal single cigar price range. Oh, and the waitresses were hot.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Wow, since when does the market value change for a cigar? I could maybe understand it if it had a couple of years age on it.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Makes me want to sit in there and wait for someone to buy them at that price and them kick'em in the head. On a side note I have a 5r of Opux XXX I'd let go for $350 if anyone is interested.... LOL!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    LMAO. Other than the A, the most expensive MSRP for an Opus X is 16.00, for the Double Corona.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Market price? Who sets the market price? Is it some guy that just sizes you up and then says what he thinks you'd be able to pay?

But, if the waitresses were hot maybe she was trying to "Secure the John" and maybe you were only paying $15 for the cigar but $60 for "Her to Smoke It"

I can just see it now at the B&M

"Excuse me Miss! How much for the Opus X over there???"

"We have them on "Special" where you get the cigar but we BOTH smoke something"

"Hmmmmm... Although you are quite attractive I don't really know you, so I don't feel comfortable buying you a cigar to smoke"

"Well sweetie, you don't have to BUY me one... I'm sure there's a big Churchill you have that I could puff on for awhile?"

"I thought this place forbode you to bring in your own cigars... Hmmm, I'll remember this for next time"

"No sweetie, I have an oral fixation and if you bought that cigar for the "Extra" Price I would be on my hands and knees!"

"You don't need to be on your hands and knees and beg me to buy this cigar... I don't care how much you plead, you are an awkward sales person and even if you had sold me on the cigar I still cannot justify paying that much for the cigar.... I bid you good day Ma'am..."
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Lasabar:
    Market price? Who sets the market price? Is it some guy that just sizes you up and then says what he thinks you'd be able to pay?

But, if the waitresses were hot maybe she was trying to "Secure the John" and maybe you were only paying $15 for the cigar but $60 for "Her to Smoke It"

I can just see it now at the B&M

"Excuse me Miss! How much for the Opus X over there???"

"We have them on "Special" where you get the cigar but we BOTH smoke something"

"Hmmmmm... Although you are quite attractive I don't really know you, so I don't feel comfortable buying you a cigar to smoke"

"Well sweetie, you don't have to BUY me one... I'm sure there's a big Churchill you have that I could puff on for awhile?"

"I thought this place forbode you to bring in your own cigars... Hmmm, I'll remember this for next time"

"No sweetie, I have an oral fixation and if you bought that cigar for the "Extra" Price I would be on my hands and knees!"

"You don't need to be on your hands and knees and beg me to buy this cigar... I don't care how much you plead, you are an awkward sales person and even if you had sold me on the cigar I still cannot justify paying that much for the cigar.... I bid you good day Ma'am..."
    Fez: "I said good day!"