Home General Discussion

Black and Milds

CwizCwiz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
Hey everyone.

What are your opinions on black and milds? I hear there are some with wooden tips. Any other cigar similar to them? A friend showed me the other day and they smell fabulous.

Thanks

Comments

• JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    I've never had one, I thought they were smiliar to a cigarette?
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    They smell rather like Captain Black pipe tobacco. I assume short filler, machine made, chemically enhanced for taste and burn. I don't smoke them, not a "real" cigar, to my mind.
    I'm not putting you down if you like them or want to try them. I got started with Swisher Sweets myself, of course, I was 15, and soon moved "up" (or laterally) to King Edward, etc., and finally on to the better machine-mades like A&C, until someone educated me. Gotta start somewhere...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Amos Umwhat:
    I assume short filler, machine made, chemically enhanced for taste and burn. I don't smoke them, not a "real" cigar, to my mind.
    all of that is true.

there is also a bit of paper in there as a "binder"

they may smell good but there is not going to be the complexity you get out of a longfiller handmade. i have not had one since i was in high school, but from what i can remember, the taste was nothing special.

• Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    They're really far more like pipe tobacco than any cigar I've ever had. If you like them I strongly suggest getting a pipe.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    I have to agree with all of the above. If you are looking for aroma, then B&M is the way to go. If you're looking for taste and all around great cigar then you need to start exploring real cigars. Might I suggest the CCom blends. Their sampler will take you a long way in understanding what you like.
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 312
    Smoke one and let us know what you think of them. I personally don't like them but if you do who are we to tell you to not smoke them. Enjoy...
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I suggest smoking a premium handmade cigar, then smoke a black and mild. I think you will def see a big difference. And you can find great sticks for 3 or $4.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Krieg:
    I suggest smoking a premium handmade cigar, then smoke a black and mild. I think you will def see a big difference. And you can find great sticks for 3 or $4.
    +1.
  • CwizCwiz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
    Very cool! That is all. Thanks guys!