DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
Por Larranaga Edición Regional Suiza Valiosos
Box date: unknown, in humidor just shy of a year
Pyramid
6X52
Handmade
Cuban

Wrapper: Nice brown wrapper with a reddish hue, nice sheen

Construction: Smooth, excellent construction, well packed, no soft spots, excellent draw

Pre draw: Tobacco and a light fig flavour

1 /3
Starts at a medium full, first draw hot with strong chocolate and roasted coffee flavours, nice sweetness develops, first thirds ends with a nice hazelnut flavour

2/3
2nd third continues with nutty tones with the rich chocolate flavours coming back, a little pepper
starts on the lips, and continues with chocolate and nutty tones consistent through the end of the 2nd third

3/3
Cigar remains in a chocolate nutty profile in the back end, pepper on the lips has picked up a bit and the cigar has moved in to a full body, can really feel the nicotine picking up, briefly a plum flavour makes an appearance but doesn`t last and the cigar ends with the chocolate and roasted coffee flavours

Draw and burn: Excellent draw, just the right amount of resistance, had some burn issues, needed several touch ups throughout but I believe that was due to the humidity outside

Overall impression: For the price paid I was expecting more complexity but this is a young cigar and I believe with a couple years more rest the flavours will develop and come out, definite aging potential on this one. Flavours were pretty consistent throughout. I have a couple more of these and believe the potential will come out with more aging. I believe this cigar will have the wow factor in a couple more years

Appearance: 14 /15
Draw & Burn: 18/20
Flavour & Complexity: 26/30
Overall: 31/35

Total: 89/100

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Sounds like a good smoke Steve, looking forward to you reviving this thread in a few years to tell us how well it's aged...lol
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Nice. Been looking for, and dying to find a few Regalias de Londres or Magnificos for a while. Always too expensive, or not singles. Por Larranaga is one of my favorite marcas, and definitely one that doesn't get enough love (and as long as they don't cut any more, I'm okay with it that way). It's a good thing I don't have a cab of PLPCs, because I would smoke them way too often if I did. Thanks for the review dude.