Home Non Cigar Related

Proud father

smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
Fellas, today I had the pleasure of attending my youngest daugthers award cermony at school. She is just finishing kindergarten but she racked up 5 awards today. One for attendance, another for knowing all 100 sight words for her grade level, 1 for show school pride, another for all S's..they dont starting getting E's until 1st grade. The final which almost made me cry, she was 1 of only 2 students in her grade to read 100 books and 100 test for the advanced reading program they have. The other student which happens to be her best friend in school read 200 hundred books, which is awesome. I am so so very proud of her. My oldest daughter who is finishing the 4th grade has an assembly on Friday and she racks up the awards too, so I will update this post on Friday. Just thought I would share this with you all, I have been smiling all day just thinking about this.

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    A confirmation of you and your wife's commitment to your kids, I'm sure.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Wow! You go, Daddy! Great job!

My 5 yr old daughter just got the "Happiest Dancer" Award in her dance class for always coming to class smiling, trying hard and telling happy stories. I was real proud too.

She's the one on the left.....
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Thanks for the compliments gentlemen. lilwing, pretty little girl you have there. I am sure you are proud of her. Thought I would post a pic of my little one that we took today. She is posing with her stuffed animal and book that she was rewarded with today.image
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    k guys that's enough.... my wife's trying to con me into having another kid and all these cutsie pics aren't helping me hold up the fight;(
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Congrats. Cherish these moments.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    That is great. Nice reflection of her parents, congrats.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Little girls RULE! Mine are 11 & 13 now, and I still cry every time they achieve.

They both still think thats pretty funny! :-)

• Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Congratulations to you, your wife, and of course to her! Also, I can't help but think of this...I think I need to move to Virginia if they still recognize accomplishment and achievement there rather than this BS "everyone's a winner" garbage we got up here in Jersey...
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    that's pretty damn awesome that your daughter got all of those awards especially the one for the 100 books/tests.
    Ken Light:
    Congratulations to you, your wife, and of course to her! Also, I can't help but think of this...I think I need to move to Virginia if they still recognize accomplishment and achievement there rather than this BS "everyone's a winner" garbage we got up here in Jersey...
    Thank you for your kind words. I dont like that everyone is a winner crap...I always tell my kids to strive to do their best and thats when you get rewarded. Nothing comes easy in this house!!
    ellinas:
    that's pretty damn awesome that your daughter got all of those awards especially the one for the 100 books/tests.
    Yeah..she told me the actual number was 135..but the award was for reaching 100, the next award would of been for 200..etc. The best part is the way she put actually in a sentence : )
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    well for your daughter to read that many books i wouldnt be surprised if she had an EXTREMELY HIGH reading level for her age, kids like yours by the time they reach the 2nd grade can read on a 10th grade reading level. so i wouldnt be surpised if she is on like a 7th or 8th grade level now. kids today are damn smart....
    Well fellas..just got back from my oldest daughters award ceremony and once again I feel like the most proud father in the world right now or at least within a 15mile radius. My 10yr old (who just turned 10 yesterday) won 8 awards. Her name was called more than anyone elses today. Too many awards to tell about them all, but basically they were everything from academic, physical fitness, and being a model student. And everything in between. Seems like everytime she sat back down she was going up on stage again and again. Im so freakin happy, I love my little girls. So I just want to give a big thanks to my wife (even though she wont ever read this) for helping me raise 2 beautiful, smart, and outgoing little girls. And please allow me to back myself on the back, thank you.!!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    smoke em if you got em:
    Well fellas..just got back from my oldest daughters award ceremony and once again I feel like the most proud father in the world right now or at least within a 15mile radius. My 10yr old (who just turned 10 yesterday) won 8 awards. Her name was called more than anyone elses today. Too many awards to tell about them all, but basically they were everything from academic, physical fitness, and being a model student. And everything in between. Seems like everytime she sat back down she was going up on stage again and again. Im so freakin happy, I love my little girls. So I just want to give a big thanks to my wife (even though she wont ever read this) for helping me raise 2 beautiful, smart, and outgoing little girls. And please allow me to back myself on the back, thank you.!!
    Beautiful kid you have smoke 'em, you should be proud!!
    Thank you gypsy, I am very proud of both of my girls. Happy Fathers Day to you.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    fla-gypsy:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Beautiful kid you have smoke 'em, you should be proud!!

+1

Marty

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Can't believe I didn't see this! That's freaking awesome brother, awesome kids of an awesome bork! Congrats to them and to you and this misses for raising such outstanding kids!
    ENFIDL:
    Can't believe I didn't see this! That's freaking awesome brother, awesome kids of an awesome bork! Congrats to them and to you and this misses for raising such outstanding kids!
    Thanks bro. Your comments really mean a lot to me. You are pretty awesome yourself.
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    Thanks bro. Your comments really mean a lot to me. You are pretty awesome yourself.
    Oh please you say that to all the guys! lol we gotta try and get together again soon bro! You are what I like to refer to as The Man!
  • RCCCigarRCCCigar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 106
    I just read this too! Congratulations, man! You hear so much about how poorly kids are doing nowadays, it's good to hear about two very smart young people! 135 books is incredible! Congratulations to you, your wife, and your two smart girls! I have a 3 year old boy and a little girl due in October, so I'm going to track you down in a couple years for some tips! lol!
    RCCCigar:
    I just read this too! Congratulations, man! You hear so much about how poorly kids are doing nowadays, it's good to hear about two very smart young people! 135 books is incredible! Congratulations to you, your wife, and your two smart girls! I have a 3 year old boy and a little girl due in October, so I'm going to track you down in a couple years for some tips! lol!
    Thank you for your kind words. I feel very blessed, wouldnt trade being their father for anything in this world.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Wow, guilty of just seeing this myself. That's really great to hear how well they are excelling. Congratulations and job well done to you and your wife.
    james40:
    Wow, guilty of just seeing this myself. That's really great to hear how well they are excelling. Congratulations and job well done to you and your wife.
    Thanks bro. Greatly appreciate it.
    Just wanted to annouce to everyone on the forum my that my oldest daugther was voted PRESIDENT of the SCA for her school today. She is in the 5th grade and only 5th graders can hold office in the SCA. The past 2 years she had been her class rep for the SCA so we figured she might was well go for the top spot this year. This morning my wife and I watched her give her speech to her fellow students. She was totally nervous..she was actually the 1st to get up there, but she did a wonderful job..throughout the day the kids had to go online and cast their votes. Towards the end of the day all the students who were in the elections were called to the office where they informed them who had won which position. The formal annoucement will take place on Monday. She will now be in charge of leading the pledge and making the morning annoucements, help run the school store and represent the school at various fundraisers, school board meetings, etc...Needless to say today I feel like the proudest father on earth. Guess this calls for a celebration this weekend!! That is all for now..i will keep you all updated as the school year goes on.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Very cool brother. Nothing better than those proud daddy moments.
    smoke em if you got em:
    Just wanted to annouce to everyone on the forum my that my oldest daugther was voted PRESIDENT of the SCA for her school today. She is in the 5th grade and only 5th graders can hold office in the SCA. The past 2 years she had been her class rep for the SCA so we figured she might was well go for the top spot this year. This morning my wife and I watched her give her speech to her fellow students. She was totally nervous..she was actually the 1st to get up there, but she did a wonderful job..throughout the day the kids had to go online and cast their votes. Towards the end of the day all the students who were in the elections were called to the office where they informed them who had won which position. The formal annoucement will take place on Monday. She will now be in charge of leading the pledge and making the morning annoucements, help run the school store and represent the school at various fundraisers, school board meetings, etc...Needless to say today I feel like the proudest father on earth. Guess this calls for a celebration this weekend!! That is all for now..i will keep you all updated as the school year goes on.
    That's so awesome brother! You guess are rightfully very proud of your girls. We will def celebrate tonight!
    ENFIDL:
    smoke em if you got em:
    That's so awesome brother! You guess are rightfully very proud of your girls. We will def celebrate tonight!
    Looking forward to tonight! All this rain is bs, guess I will see about the game but either way I will see you fellas tonight!!
    smoke em if you got em:
    ENFIDL:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Looking forward to tonight! All this rain is bs, guess I will see about the game but either way I will see you fellas tonight!!
    Yeah it kept me from going last night which sucks. We beat up on them! Can't wait for tonight!