Home General Discussion

The Official "Father's Day Smoke" discussion

denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
OK guys, a lot of you here are fathers, some currently and some to be soon, and it's time to discuss what sticks we will be smoking in honor of Father's Day.

Part of the reason for this post is that I am having a hard time deciding what cigar I will smoke. I have some Anejos, Tat Blacks, Tat Red Tubo, El Triunfador Original Lancero, a Diesel UHC with 2 years and plume on it, and a Partagas Serie D. All of these sticks are in my consideration as this is a special occasion.

On the other hand, life is a special occasion so do I really need an excuse.....
post up your picks of what you will be smoking and any suggestions of what I should smoke are welcome.

Of course, Happy Father's Day to all the Dads on here.

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I haven't thought about it yet, but now that I do, I think I may try out an Opus X Lost City I have. Haven't tried the blend yet, so I may do that. I'm usually not fond of trying out new cigars for a special occasion smoke, but I may make an exception for that one. I guess it all depends on if I get free time or not. To be honest, I'd rather have a nap than a cigar.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Dont know that the bronchitis will have eased up its grip on my lungs in time for me to enjoy one on the big day, may have to settle for PURCHASING something special instead.

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    This is a Tuff one........ I havent heard from my son in over 2 years , and it kills me everyday....I do have some choices, i have a CAO Italia Tubo gifted to me by Styrker a year ago and then it had over 2 years on it so this bad boys over 3 years rest.....a Red Tat Tubo...... Opus X........ ANjeo......That Cohiba ISOM........ Not really sure!
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    Cohiba Red Dot in the am - with black costa rican coffee.
    Padilla Black Bear in the later afternoon with a lager or some kind.
    Undecided about an evening smoke - may have to pass - but if I do, it will be a "lighter" Rocky Patel of some sort.

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I'll be at work most of the day, but I'll be giving my dad a My Father LE 2011 to smoke. Last year I gave him a Cedros Deluxe.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I'll be smoking some Viajes I picked up. I might also have an Anejo or an Opus...
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    I am thinking of an AF Anejo, OpusX Lost City or a GOF I haven't decided but I am thinking it is going to be something special.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Its my wife's birthday this weekend as well, and its a milestone one, so we're putting Fathers day on hold for a bit. I'll carve some time out for myself in the next week or so, and hopefully drag her out to the backyard to sit with me on the patio while I smoke my #1 favorite Go To the DPG Blue. For me on special occassions I like smoking something I know I like.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    No smokes for me... I'm stuck working OT on Fathers Day and I'm pretty pissed off about it.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    That blows Jason, a bunch of guys here got hit with working on Fathers' Day too.

I'm not entirely sure what I'll end up smoking either, but more than likely there will be at least one Pryme set on fire on Sunday. Then maybe a Kristoff or a Camacho Pre-Embargo; I've never had the Kristoff and haven't had a PE in quite a while. If the order I just put in gets here in time, I might go with a LHC Core.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    alienmisprint:
    That blows Jason, a bunch of guys here got hit with working on Fathers' Day too.

I'm not entirely sure what I'll end up smoking either, but more than likely there will be at least one Pryme set on fire on Sunday. Then maybe a Kristoff or a Camacho Pre-Embargo; I've never had the Kristoff and haven't had a PE in quite a while. If the order I just put in gets here in time, I might go with a LHC Core.
    I've smoked 2 of the Kristoff short robustos from the DD a few weeks ago. I love them. It's hard letting the other 3 sit. I plan on getting a box of these real soon.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    I'm planning on starting with a Punch ISOM, followed by a CAO Sopranos edition Tony Soprano while grilling a few steaks and drinkin a few beers. Haven't quite nailed down what to finish off the night with...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    enjoy that tony soprano. I have 2 left which I have had since 08.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    I'm all about smoking what i really like or enjoy! It doesn't have to be expensive...I have been thinking about the Omar Ortez Original Puro Maduro, a Camacho Triple Maduro, or Don Lino Africa. I like those and don't smoke them much so I've already told the wife the selection. I have a few cigars that I don't buy so they can treat me to something and always remember the same one. I just happen to have 3 kids too! What a great conicidence!!
  • MarmicoMarmico Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 93
    I'm not a dad myself, but I will be enjoying my first My Father Le Bijou 1922 with my stepfather, and he'll be having the same. I figure it's appropriate, he has raised me since I was three.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Amended my list, going to definitely be a Pryme Toro and a Camacho Liberty '02 Rothschild. Perhaps something else two, both those two are getting burned for sure.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    I believe I'll be going with a nice Davidoff Millenium, part of a Davidoff sampler given to me for Christmas by my stepson/herfing buddy. Since he gave it to his stepdad, I'll honor him by smoking it on Father's Day.

And since it's got a few months humi-time on it, it should be all the better.

Marty

• JonathanEJonathanE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    I'm vacillating between a Cohiba Red Dot Churchill and a MOW Armada. Any recommendations between the two?

JDE
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I can only speak for the Cohiba Red Dot, I enjoyed it very much. I have a couple Armadas that I am letting age before giving them a try... Based on comments I have read here, I believe they should be rewarding.
    PuroFreak:
    No smokes for me... I'm stuck working OT on Fathers Day and I'm pretty pissed off about it.
    Just a quick update to this, I ended up getting someone to work for me so I will be getting off work Sunday morning at 5am, going home to take a nap, loading up my travel humi, then heading to the lake for a couple days with my family. Not sure what I'll be smoking yet, but I'll have something special!
  • JonathanEJonathanE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    kaspera79:
    I can only speak for the Cohiba Red Dot, I enjoyed it very much. I have a couple Armadas that I am letting age before giving them a try... Based on comments I have read here, I believe they should be rewarding.
    Then I shall smoke the Cohiba. Thanks!

JDE

• denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I think I will be smoking an El Triunfador Lancero (ghost cigar) this evening and prob. a Tat Verocu 5 as well. sneaking 2 smokes.
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    i had a 5 vegas gold this morning while reading some cigar catalogs. Later tonight I may have something else, not sure yet. Happy fathers day.