Home Non Cigar Related

Mavs Baby!!!!

PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
I've always cheered for the Mavs and its great to see them win and beat to low class players of the Heat!!

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Happy to see Dallas win, Kidd and Nowitski (sp) both def deserved it! Plus I can't stand all that talent in south beach so that's a plus too...lol
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I can't stand their attitude. I find it ironic they were mocking Dirk for being sick and running a 102 fever after he beat the sh*t out of them! Very fitting that we won. The class acts won this game!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    Wade and LeBrick were coughing for a good reason: the were choking!

I've been waiting all my life for this, I remember going to a Mavs game against Clyde Drexler and the Blazers, Kidd was still on that team along with Masburn and Jimmy Jackson. This is a great feeling, congratulations to the Mavs, you guys deserve it!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Not a huge basketball fan ever since Beted.com got seized by the FBI... (Thanks basturds!)

But I was rooting for Dallas the whole time... Stand up Gents they are! (I'm not a LeBron Hater, just a Dirk fan)
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    Yeah, I like how Miami didn't have confetti for us, even though they got a pretty damn good celebration on our behalf in 06. I guess they used it all for their pre-season LeBron parade.
    They should look at the bright side: South Beach will be a great place for Dallas to celebrate tonight!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I'm glad.they.won, but honestly would rather watch a puddle of mud dry than a basketball game.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    JCizzle:
    there was a sports caster that tweeted something along the lines of: never ask LeBron to give you change for a dollar. you never seem to get that last quarter....
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    kuzi16:
    JCizzle:
    there was a sports caster that tweeted something along the lines of: never ask LeBron to give you change for a dollar. you never seem to get that last quarter....
    NICE!!!

• beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    Mark Cuban dropped at least $200,000 on champagne last night. The Mavs partied it up at a Miami club and clearly outdid any of the rappers or celebs that frequent it.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    ENFIDL:
    Happy to see Dallas win, Kidd and Nowitski (sp) both def deserved it! Plus I can't stand all that talent in south beach so that's a plus too...lol
    +1. Good to see guys who play the game the right way their entire careers get to the top of the mountain. Also would be good to see the "Big 3" be humbled and learn from it - but with the possible exception of Bosh, I dont think they're smart enough...

• zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Great win for the MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought HEat was going to beat em until the crazy comeback from 15 down in game 2!

Also glad cause they netted me some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ over the 6 games!
    cabinetmaker:
    I'm glad.they.won, but honestly would rather watch a puddle of mud dry than a basketball game.
    Great comment, really adds to the discussion.
    Matt Marvel:
    Mark Cuban dropped at least $200,000 on champagne last night. The Mavs partied it up at a Miami club and clearly outdid any of the rappers or celebs that frequent it.
    Some of those pics looked pretty wild, champagne flowing, standing on tables with the trophy. :D
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 633
    It was nice to finally see one of the most underrated players in the league to finally win a championship many now people will see Dirk as the great player that he is.
    Pacman84:
    It was nice to finally see one of the most underrated players in the league to finally win a championship many now people will see Dirk as the great player that he is.
    Hell yeah, he averaged 10 pts per 4th quarter!
    Was watching some footage of the Mavericks returning to Dallas yesterday, and whats that I see as the team is walking across the tarmac after coming off the plane?

DIRK NOWITZKI WITH A CHURCHILL HANGING OUT OF HIS FACE!!! :-)

Somewhere, Red Auerbach is smilin'...

• KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    Nice stuff here!
    Some of my favs:
    Magic Johnson - "it's good to see a good TEAM beat great individuals"
    Dirk on Wade and James mock coughing - "that's just childish:

If I was Lebron's coach/mentor - here's what I'd make him do:
    1) Watch every bit of video available on Adrian Dantley (dating myself here - but those of you who remember - he had the best back to the basket, back-down game around)

2) I'd make Lebron learn all those moves and a few of his own.

3) Re-vamp the Heat offense to get the ball to Lebron 10 feet from the basket, with his back to the basket. He starts to do the back-down, and the offense starts when the double team comes.

I'm not a Lebron fan at all - in fact - I think he has a lot of growing up to do and has to learn as to how to handle the media better when asked tough and repetitive questions.

However, if Lebron just learned half of Dantley's around the basket moves, he would be unstoppable. Too quick for big men, too powerful for smaller men, and quite frankly, too powerful for most of the big men if he really WANTED it, which I'm not so sure he does after watching most of this series.

He simply doesn't play as tough as his body is capable of playing. Translation = soft????

KingoftheCove:
    He simply doesn't play as tough as his body is capable of playing. Translation = soft????

How fitting that this tag could fall off a great player like Dirk and onto a POS like James, all in one series...

Or how about Barkley when asked about guarding Dirk: "Get a cigarrette and a blindfold." lmao!
    And then DeShawn Stevenson had to go and do something stupid like get arrested for public intoxication last night... What a moron! He was roaming around some apartment complex in Irving drunk as hell and he doesn't even live there.
    Wish I still lived in Dallas to see the parade. Is it going to be downtown?
    Yea its going to start at the convention center at Fair Park and work its way through downtown to the American Airlines Center. I am working tonight and tomorrow night so I'm not going to be able to go... Really sucks too. I'll be asleep through the whole thing. It starts at 10:00am.
    Cuban offered to pick up the tab for the parade, too, what a class act.
    Damn I would so be there it's gonna be a nice parade.