Home General Discussion

New to Cigars.com forum

BlakeGBlakeG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
Hey I'm new to the website. I really like it. I have just recently started smoking too. Any suggestions on a couple things, what kind of cigars to start with? where can I find smoking buddies in NE? How long do Cigars last?

I'll start with that. lol

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum and cigar smoking!

As far as what to start with call or contact the sales reps of CCOM and they can hook you up with a great sampler to try everything from mild-full bodied and try a wide variety of different wrappers. The CCOM house blend sampler is imo your best bet here.

As far as finding smoking buddies hopefully anybody in your area on here will see this and you guys can meet up and herf.

Each cigar is different as far as time. It all varies on the vitola and tobacco's used to make it. Some burn slower than others and it also is user dependent. By that I mean how fast or slow you smoke. Take your time with a cigar, they are much better that way.

Again welcome!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Welcome Blake. I'd say ENFIDL gave you some good advice if he wasn't wrong on all counts...Big Smile [:D]

Kidding of course, it's solid advice. Here's something I learned as did many others around here. Don't run before you can walk, sample different brands, as many as you can, but don't make the box commitment until you really know you like something enough to get a box. I can tell you right now, I'd have saved myself a lot of time and wasted space if I'd known then what I know now...not that I know all that much now. Smile [:)]
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    My advice is to order the ccom house blend sampler. This gives you a variety of wrapper flavors and strengths. Starting out, you probably want to start with a mild cigar and work your way up. The nice thing about the ccom sampler is that even their fuller bodies smokes won't knock a novice on their ass. Write down which cigars you like best, why you liked them, and any flavors you tasted from them. That way, next time you call a ccom rep, you can tell him/her that you liked the ccom blue, red, and purple and they will be able to put together a package of similar sticks for you. Don't be afraid to call the reps. No order is too small and sometimes you get an extra discount. ;)
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Welcome to the forums1 there are a ton of different samplers, based on everythign from brand to strength to wrappers, give them a shot first. Your best bet would be to email or call one of the sales reps directly, let them know your situation and some cigars you know you already like. I guarantee they will hook you up.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    j0z3r:
    Welcome Blake. I'd say ENFIDL gave you some good advice if he wasn't wrong on all counts...Big Smile [:D]
    Dangit Joe I was hoping nobody would point that out ;)
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Oh, and get a bigger humidor.
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    alienmisprint:
    Oh, and get a bigger humidor.
    +1
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Welcome to the most money you'll ever spend on a hobby. My advice...buy two of whatever you're trying out. If you don't like the first one for whatever reason, let it sit for a few months then re-visit it. I've had quite a few that I didn't care for on the first go 'round then came back to later and really enjoyed them. Maybe they developed better with a little bit of age...or maybe my palate just developed, but either way, I'm glad I went back for a second try.

Again, welcome! Don't hesitate to ask any questions.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Welcome to the forums... Suggestions??? Smoke whatever you can get your hands on...

Also, beware of he crazies around here...
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Welcome to the forums Blake. Lots of greats BOTL on here. Hope you stick around.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Welcome to the forum....
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Welcome to the forum! The house blend sampler IS a good way to start, but something else to consider is the cigar of the month club. I dove in head first a few years ago by signing up for a year of that and it was a great way to experience a very wide variety of smokes at a decent pace (about one a week, that was perfect for me). Also you get 10% off all your other orders for when you find one you really like and want to grab a 5-pack of them AND each one comes with a flyer with really helpful tasting notes for the novice. Of course, you can supplement/replace that with the enormous amount of reviews on here as well. And, like others have said, get a bigger humidor. You'll need it. No, not that one you've been thinking about, the one a step or two bigger than that one. :)
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Welcome to the Asylum!
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    BlakeG:
    Hey I'm new to the website. I really like it. I have just recently started smoking too. Any suggestions on a couple things, what kind of cigars to start with? where can I find smoking buddies in NE? How long do Cigars last? I'll start with that. lol
    First, Welcome. Second as far as finding smoking buddies. IMHO your local B&M is a great place to startfind that here. www.rtda.org
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Glad to have you. Welcome. Be prepared to spend all your money lol.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Run away!!! Run as fast as you can and don't look back!!! You have entered the "Danger Zone"!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    jr_p951:
    Welcome to the Asylum!
    ... wrong forum....
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    I'll smoke with you. Send me cigars>
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    undulac:
    My advice is to order the ccom house blend sampler. This gives you a variety of wrapper flavors and strengths. Starting out, you probably want to start with a mild cigar and work your way up. The nice thing about the ccom sampler is that even their fuller bodies smokes won't knock a novice on their ass. Write down which cigars you like best, why you liked them, and any flavors you tasted from them. That way, next time you call a ccom rep, you can tell him/her that you liked the ccom blue, red, and purple and they will be able to put together a package of similar sticks for you. Don't be afraid to call the reps. No order is too small and sometimes you get an extra discount. ;)
    +1, and welcome!