Home General Discussion

Carlos Torano Dominico vs Gran Habano 2002

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
Need to stock up my humi with some every day and hand-out smokes.
You all made great suggestions in my "if you only had $2.00" post.
I've narrowed it down to these two.
Carlos Torano Dominico or the Gran Habano 2002
The Habano is 50 cents/stick more.
Which would you choose?
thanks

Comments

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    I smoke them both but lean more toward the Carlos Torano Dominico. Maybe the thing to do is purchase 10 sticks of both
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    If I could figure out how to get the mazo price for just 10 sticks, I'd do just that.
    But you need to buy 20 to get the price break - unless I'm missing a pricing bubble or special somewhere?

• Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Could try a box, er mazo split of both. You'd probably find a couple takers on here. I vote for the GH. I really dig that stick.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I have honestly never been impressed by any Gran Habano cigars. The Dominico, on the other hand, has alot of wow factor for the price. I agree with the above suggestion though, try to find someone here to do a bundle split on each with. If not, try emailing Tim (tblythe@cigar.com) and see if he can hook you up with 10 of each for the regular bundle prices.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Russ55:
    Could try a box, er mazo split of both. You'd probably find a couple takers on here. I vote for the GH. I really dig that stick.
    Not to derail too much...but you missed the most classic prank in the history of the Socal herf, and a GH Vintage in involved. When you left, as you may recall, you left your GH Vintage with about 1/2" smoked, so I picked it up, knocked off the ash and put the cedar sleeve back on. Then I waited, finally Sam came out to join us and I handed it to him telling I'd brought him a cigar...after an eternity of me trying to keep a straight face, he finally picked it up and pulled the cedar sleeve off, and he's looking at it wondering why there was ash on the foot until finally the realization dawned on him, at which point I said "I know that's the way you like them, (presmoked)." (note, I may or may not have said presmoked, I can't recall.)
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Not to derail too much...but you missed the most classic prank in the history of the Socal herf, and a GH Vintage in involved. When you left, as you may recall, you left your GH Vintage with about 1/2" smoked, so I picked it up, knocked off the ash and put the cedar sleeve back on. Then I waited, finally Sam came out to join us and I handed it to him telling I'd brought him a cigar...after an eternity of me trying to keep a straight face, he finally picked it up and pulled the cedar sleeve off, and he's looking at it wondering why there was ash on the foot until finally the realization dawned on him, at which point I said "I know that's the way you like them, (presmoked)." (note, I may or may not have said presmoked, I can't recall.)
    Bahahahahahaha that's awesome Joe!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:

You did let him know it was presmoked because you are a gentleman like. that.

Now back to the regular scheduled programming...........

+1 on calling / emailing Tim, the Beard can do wonderful and amazing things, who knows you may end up with an even better deal / cigar to hand out.....

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I'd call one of the rep. Tell them you can't decide and they will probably give you the bundle price if you wanted 10 each.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Haha, that's great.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    Thanks for those tips - had no idea the reps might have a little wiggle room now and again - still learning

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    KingoftheCove:
    Thanks for those tips - had no idea the reps might have a little wiggle room now and again - still learning

Its been my experience that the reps have wiggle room all the time. I always get better deals from emailing Tim directly, it has gotten to the point that I normally just give him a price range to work with and say, "I'd like to try some of this and some of that, and anything esle you recommend." I have yet to be disappointed.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    For me, the Gran Habano is by far the superior cigar, for the price, or regardless of price.