Home General Discussion

Terrible luck

xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
So, my buddy came over to Herf with me today and we were going to smoke some of te My Father 2011 limited Editions and have a great evening with pizza and the works. He comes over and he is blazing mad. He said he had brought three of the My Fathers, a big MoW from the chest deal, a VSG and some accessories, all in a 20 count travel humi. Anyways, he left it on the roof of the car and it flew off. He remembers where he was when he heard them fall off ( at the time he thought it was a tree branch that hit the roof). He actually found it just now and is on his way. Moral of the story, pay attention to what you are doing lol.

Comments

• KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    That blows. Hope they're alright.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Hmmmmmm... Sounds like an elaborate scheme to just say... "I Forgot them"... (Stroked beard)

(Secretly wishes he had a beard)
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Terrible luck would be to NOT be able to find those bad boys! Glad he found them and hope they're OK
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Somebody started drinking early...... LOL!
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Lasabar:
    Hmmmmmm... Sounds like an elaborate scheme to just say... "I Forgot them"... (Stroked beard)

(Secretly wishes he had a beard)
    lol yeah. I can hear it now: "Man, sorry I lost those sticks. Soooooo, whatcha got in YOUR humi??? Hmm??"
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Update.. They made it here and only one has a crack and everything else is fine. Pretty amazing. Going to celabrate by smoking the My Father after dinner!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Good ending. What kind of humi was that? Sounds pretty durable.
    No idea.. I was about to post the brand and fully endorse it but it seems to be a no name deal. I'm going to hunt for it and post it if I find out. It's got MY vote.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    I'd smoke the good sticks and use a cheap stick to repair the damaged one. Gotta remember to drink WITH the cigar, not before the cigar!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Glad to hear it worked out. Enjoy those LEs.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 315
    Cigars are supposed to help relieve, not cause, stress. Hahaha, glad to hear it all went well.
    Yea.. Just finished the My Father LE and it was great. Very spicy to me but great flavors. Nothing like a happy ending to a crazy situation.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Glad it all worked out in the end. How was the LE?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    sounds like an ad for Herf-a-dors.
    kuzi16:
    sounds like an ad for Herf-a-dors.
    Lol yea kinda. But I promise I'm not spamming! It was a square shaped aluminum travel humi with a handle and the interior was all black with no foam. It's almost like a briefcase with a pocket on the inside of the lid and just open space. All the ones I found online were lined with cedar or had foam like the Herf-a-dors. Anyways, nothing special about it other than it stayed latched. More luck than anything. Hell, if it had the foam to protect the sticks, there might not be any cracks in any of them. I guess this turned into GOOD luck afterall.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Carl that's pretty hilarious! Was that who I think it was? lol
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    ENFIDL:
    If you are thinking Andrew, you are correct, sir!
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Nothing like a happy ending to a crazy situation.
    Well, theres nothing like a "happy ending" in any situation, for example hair cuts in Korea etc.
    mfotis:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Well, theres nothing like a "happy ending" in any situation, for example hair cuts in Korea etc.
    I KNEW this was going to come up at some point. I added the " to a crazy situation" to disguise it to no avail.
    xIcedGuardianx:
    ENFIDL:
    If you are thinking Andrew, you are correct, sir!
    Why yes, yes I was...lol
    xIcedGuardianx:
    mfotis:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    I KNEW this was going to come up at some point. I added the " to a crazy situation" to disguise it to no avail.
    lmao!!!
    ENFIDL:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    mfotis:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    lmao!!!
    Good times, good times!!!
    mfotis:
    ENFIDL:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    mfotis:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    lmao!!!
    Speaking of good times.. Let us know what's up when you get back in to town. There are beers and stogies to be had.
    xIcedGuardianx:
    mfotis:
    ENFIDL:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    mfotis:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    lmao!!!
    Speaking of good times.. Let us know what's up when you get back in to town. There are beers and stogies to be had.
    YES!!!!!
    ENFIDL:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    mfotis:
    ENFIDL:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    mfotis:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    lmao!!!
    YES!!!!!
    Will do