Home General Discussion

Help with fathers day present...

brainfrzbrainfrz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 73
While on vacation visiting my father in-law with my wife we stopped at "The Cigar Bar" and picked up a couple sticks. Cool place, I'd suggest checking it out when in Fort Myers (or if they have them elsewhere). Anyway, he's a Dutch Masters type of guy, he picked out a Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Churchill and I'll be damned, he almost needed some tweezers to finish that thing off! Throughout the smoke he kept telling me how this is one of the best smokes he's had in the last 10-15 years or so. He indulges every once in a while, but like I said...for the most part he's a Dutch Masters man. Anyway, I was hell bent on getting him a box of those until I found out the price. I'm the type of guy who doesn't like spending more than a couple bucks for a smoke so spend my time here getting daily deals etc. I've been reading through the house blends and trying to find something comparable to the aforementioned. Right now I'm torn between Blue and Purple label, am I on track? Does anyone have any better advice? I also noticed the new Mark Twain cigar line, is this closer? Thanks all!

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I'd recommend the Oliva Connecticut Reserve. The box price is a little more than the Ccom house blends, but you can find them on deals pretty regularly, just have to keep your eye for them. I'd grab one of those next time you are at your B&M and gift it to your father-in-law, watch his reaction. I'd be willing to bet he digs it just as much if not more than the 1999.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I would call Tim or Andy and ask them what they think. There are lots of resources out there to find a decent deal on these sticks. Best of luck!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I'd go with the U pick 2 offer...... Get him the 10 pack of 5 Vegas Gold and a lighter or humidor. Only $40. Can't beat that with a stick....

My step-father-in-law is the same way.... Only likes mild cigars. I gave him a 5 Vegas Gold a while back and he loved it.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    dennisking:
    I would call Tim or Andy and ask them what they think. There are lots of resources out there to find a decent deal on these sticks. Best of luck!

+1 to calling Tim. He'd be my go-to guy if I were in your boat. Good luck bro!
  • brainfrzbrainfrz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 73
    Thanks all! Called them up, I wanted to stick with the house label- I've had good luck with them. Blue Label was suggested, got that in the Churchill for him. I picked up the super sampler of the house blends for myself :)
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    My personal suggestion being that is one of my favorite smokes ever since it was one of my first........is either the 5 vegas gold, MoW virtue would be the other ones....the house blends are too bland compared to the rocky 99 (no offense ccom).