Home Non Cigar Related

DNC Chair: GOP Wants To "Drag Us All The Way Back To Jim Crow"

lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
"If you go back to the year 2000, when we had an obvious disaster and - and saw that our voting process needed refinement, and we did that in the America Votes Act and made sure that we could iron out those kinks, now you have the Republicans, who want to literally drag us all the way back to Jim Crow laws and literally - and very transparently - block access to the polls to voters who are more likely to vote Democratic candidates than Republican candidates. And it's nothing short of that blatant," DNC Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (FL) told TVOne's "Washington Week."

Wow. This from a woman who didn't know that being an illegal alien is a crime......

Here, Debbie.... you dropped this:

And Debbie needs to go back to school and learn the definition of literally and how to use it in sentences.

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I think 2012 will be a very interesting political season. That kind of junk coming from the Dems does not surprise me at all.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    What seems to interest me is that the leftists constantly demonize the right with statements like "the right would drag us back to the days of slavery, Jim Crow laws, prejudice against blacks and women, etc".

Historically, the Republican party freed the slaves, pushed for civil rights, women's suffrage, etc. It's the southern Democrats that sought to keep power away from women and minorities. Not only that, no one in government wants us back to the days of slavery and widespread bigotry. It's all just name-calling coming from the elitist liberal media because they can't refute any arguements from anyone that disagrees with them, whether the opposition is from the right, moderates, or just constitutionalist libertarians.

Just because the times change and your party's history sucks doesn't mean you get to exchange histories. If the Nazi party were revived today and suddenly decided to stop hating the Jews and instead pushed for equality and human rights, they're still the Nazi party and they still killed 6 million Jews, homosexuals, Catholics, gypsies (sp?), POWs, and handicapped.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    And she looks like a troll.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Whoa, whoa, wait a minute. Let's not all assume this woman is an idiot! Maybe she does know how to use the word "literally" in a sentence. Maybe...just maybe...THE REPUBLICANS HAVE TIME MACHINES!!!! AhhhhHHHHH!!!!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Ken Light:
    Whoa, whoa, wait a minute. Let's not all assume this woman is an idiot! Maybe she does know how to use the word "literally" in a sentence. Maybe...just maybe...THE REPUBLICANS HAVE TIME MACHINES!!!! AhhhhHHHHH!!!!
    You just totally blew my mind!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
  • fool4sailfool4sail Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    Wow,talk about revised history.Those Southern Dems all became Republicants BECAUSE of the end of slavery.They wouldn't let Lincoln in the party now,hell they would think Nixon was a lefty.And their going down big after their Medicare mistake.But,I'll give you a break,cus I see your one a them foreigners.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    The Southern democrats turned to the Republican party when the democratic party was hijacked by the liberals and special interest groups.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    I just disregard anything coming from Wasserman Shultz...she is a committed liberal zealot and virtually everything coming from her is attacking/demaonizing the Repubs. Which is what I would expect from the Chair of the DNC...disappointing but true. She is right up there with the rest of the lefty loons.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    fool4sail:
    Wow,talk about revised history.Those Southern Dems all became Republicants BECAUSE of the end of slavery.They wouldn't let Lincoln in the party now,hell they would think Nixon was a lefty.And their going down big after their Medicare mistake.But,I'll give you a break,cus I see your one a them foreigners.
    What revised history? Anyone that cracks open a US History textbook will see the history that I've just described. Just because the Democrats changed doesn't mean they get to exchange their history with the Republican party. If John Doe murdered someone, then reformed himself in prison doesn't mean he gets to exchange his life's story with his neighbor's.

By the way, I'm not "one a them foreigners". I'm still an American citizen. I travelled to Canada to start a new life with my wife after I finished my time in the US Army.