Home General Discussion

The more I smoke.....

roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
.....The more I want to smoke.
Not a need to smoke, just a want to. Relaxing outside for a while, enjoying it and tasting more flavors. I just started this hobby a little while ago and didn't know if it was going to last, but I think it will.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    roland_7707:
    .....The more I want to smoke.
    Not a need to smoke, just a want to. Relaxing outside for a while, enjoying it and tasting more flavors. I just started this hobby a little while ago and didn't know if it was going to last, but I think it will.
    not sure if you noticed but we are all in that boat. this forum has some hard core people.

just go with it.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Oh yeah. I like it, not complaining.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    I'm in that boat as well. I love learning more and more about this hobby and trying out different blends.

Aaaand cue in the random spam bot that will tell us 25% of Americans die due to second, third, and fourth hand smoking and send us links to an anti-tobacco, pro-weed website. :P
  • jfacianejfaciane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    wwhwang:
    I'm in that boat as well. I love learning more and more about this hobby and trying out different blends.

Aaaand cue in the random spam bot that will tell us 25% of Americans die due to second, third, and fourth hand smoking and send us links to an anti-tobacco, pro-weed website. :P
    I'm not anti-tobacco but I am pro-weed :) You don't hear much about problems concerning Cigars as much as you do cigarettes though, ya know? I just started smoking gars and I only smoke 3-4 max a week. Anyways, I don't know where I"m going with this.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    I love this boat
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Yep me too. Gotta keep trying different sticks. Every time I get on the forum someone is talking about some excellent smoke I haven't tried yet so it just keeps on going.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    When I was young, a long time ago, men would buy boxes of cigars like cigarettes. He would have his "brand" only. I remember my grandfather was an El Trellis man.

This variety thing is really working for me. I don't think I've smoked the same stick twice in a row. I am narrowing my likes and dislakes and have found a few that I smoke a lot of, but my box will always have a variety.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    One brand only? For us new guys there are so many to try, cripes the Gurkha line alone could keep one busy for a week or two. I find I plan my days off around time to smoke.

My old man smoked El Producto, kept them in a sealed stainless jar. Grabbed a stub out of the ash tray once, ran in the garage and lit it up. Not good.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    smoke em if you got em:
    I love this boat
    Full steam ahead!!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    smoke em if you got em:
    I love this boat
    Amen brother!
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    smoke em if you got em:
    I love this boat

This boat is definitely a-rockin!
  • SchroozSchrooz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 165
    Me too. Excepting I am teetering on the edge of something mental. I am never satisfied with one stick. I would sit for a couple of hours enjoying cigar and brew but when i finish the cigar I always have this irresistable urge to light up another one and many a time i have fired up a cheapy just convince myself that 'yes, I have had my fill of smoking and beer for the day'. My ashtray always has cheapies that are less than a 1/3rd finished because of this. Doesn't matter what vitola i start out with. It could be a 6x60 that takes me close to 3 hours to finish. I think it's the beer egging me on, i don't know. I need to get me smaller sticks just to see how well they get me to the finish.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    Schrooz:
    Me too. Excepting I am teetering on the edge of something mental. I am never satisfied with one stick. I would sit for a couple of hours enjoying cigar and brew but when i finish the cigar I always have this irresistable urge to light up another one and many a time i have fired up a cheapy just convince myself that 'yes, I have had my fill of smoking and beer for the day'. My ashtray always has cheapies that are less than a 1/3rd finished because of this. Doesn't matter what vitola i start out with. It could be a 6x60 that takes me close to 3 hours to finish. I think it's the beer egging me on, i don't know. I need to get me smaller sticks just to see how well they get me to the finish.
    Piggybacking on this, there is nothing like a day off or when you're on vacation and your smoke is about to end and you know you have nothing but time and can light up another one. Hell, light up a 3rd one or a 4th one, especially with friends, drinks, good conversation, etc. Can't beat it.