Home Non Cigar Related

D-Day

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
Today is the anniversary of D-Day. May we never forget the bravery & sacrifices of those who have kept us free. Smoke one for today for those guys.

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Holy S**t! Forgot about this! Thanks Krieg! My grandpa stormed the beach..... He passed away long before I was born. He was a great man. Always on point with a good one-liner. He was always a positive, happy-go-lucky guy. Which is awesome, considering the horror he witnessed on D-Day. He passed away in the late 60s, sitting in his easy chair, drinking some scotch and smoking a cigarette. I'm gonna smoke a good one for my grandpa Norman and his brothers.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Krieg, Thanks for the reminder.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    lilwing88:
    I'm gonna smoke a good one for my grandpa Norman and his brothers.

Good thought, lilwing. We should all smoke a good one - for grandpa Norman and all his brothers who stormed the beach and helped preserve our freedom. Light 'em up, boys.....

Marty

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Thanks for the reminder, Krieg. To all that have sacrificed for freedom, I salute you.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I had a uncle died in Normandy on D-Day+6. many of us call this "The greatest generation of Americans" and rightly so.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Much thanks for the reminder; I'll light one up for one of our troops' finest moments.

Requiscat in Pace, for all those who fought for the freedoms we take for granted every day.