Home General Discussion

Hell has frozen over

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
Well, it finally happened. And I couldn't believe it. My wife, who is so anti-cigar it's unholy, actually sat outside with me last night while I smoked a cigar. This has never happened in the entire time I've been smoking cigars (since 2008). I didn't question her about it, I didn't really wonder why she was doing it. I just was thankful she was there. It was nice, just to sit there enjoying my cigar and talking and spending time with each other. Which we haven't done much since our 2nd child was born. It made a nice experience into a wonderful one. Hope it isn't the last time she sits with me while I smoke a cigar.

Comments

• dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    A man's greatest asset is a sympathetic wife. - fortune cookie
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I am looking forward to that moment. We had one of those before she got pregnant with our third but now she thinks that I'm going to get lung cancer so it's been a struggle to even smoke a cigar period. enjoy those times Krieg
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Nice dude, its always awesome when your significant other participates in some way in an activity yuo love, even if it is just by sitting there with you while you enjoy your cigar. Awesome.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    my wife has always sat with me. she only recently will have a cigar with me.

most of it was because of the nicaragua trip.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Right on bro. I always invite my wife to sit outside with me and I always get that look (and im sure you guys know THE LOOK)! Good times man.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Congrats! My better half gets pissy if she finds out that I started with out one with out her. She LOVES cigars. Nothing like just chilling in the back yard having a discussion and enjoying a stick. And yes, she buys cigars as well. Ahh what a woman.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Krieg:
    Well, it finally happened. And I couldn't believe it. My wife, who is so anti-cigar it's unholy, actually sat outside with me last night while I smoked a cigar. This has never happened in the entire time I've been smoking cigars (since 2008). I didn't question her about it, I didn't really wonder why she was doing it. I just was thankful she was there. It was nice, just to sit there enjoying my cigar and talking and spending time with each other. Which we haven't done much since our 2nd child was born. It made a nice experience into a wonderful one. Hope it isn't the last time she sits with me while I smoke a cigar.

I am Gratfulk that this happened for you... I am blessed that My wife actually tells me to grab a cigar and we sit outside together, and discuss things and just be ........ she actually puffs on a cigar or two .. If i tell her Its a really good cigar and i enjoy iut she always wants to try it...... ive seen her turn green though ! LOL
    Congrats!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Sometimes on Saturday morning, the wife and I will go out back with the paper while the kid is still sleeping, and I'll smoke a cigar while we do the crossword. It's nice.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    That's awesome Chris. My wife sits out with me while I smoke fairly often when the weather is warm. If its below 70 there isn't a chance in hell she will sit outside! LoL And she will quite often take a few puffs of the cigar if its something good and on the rare occasion, she may even fire up her own small cigar like a Zino Platinum XS or something along that line.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    I'm lucky, my wife detests that I smoke cigars (health aspect) but she understands I am going to do it regardless of how she feels and I do spend 1 to 2 hours EVERY night smoking so she overlooks her dislike so she can spend the time with me...
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Diamondog:
    I'm lucky, my wife detests that I smoke cigars (health aspect) but she understands I am going to do it regardless of how she feels and I do spend 1 to 2 hours EVERY night smoking so she overlooks her dislike so she can spend the time with me...
    Much the same here except my wife doesn't bother me with the lung cancer thing. She will sit and have a stick with me sometimes and she often just sits with me while I smoke and we have some great conversations together.
    I have noticed that we tend to keep the topic of discussion away from "life's problems" and focus on things which are enjoyable to talk about. Cigars really are a civilizing hobby in so many ways.
    Congratulations Chris. Maybe let her know how much you enjoyed her company, and you may have a smoking partner more often.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    laker1963:
    Congratulations Chris. Maybe let her know how much you enjoyed her company, and you may have a smoking partner more often.
    Yeah man, Congrats on the great experience, and I'd highly recomend Laker's advice here. My wife is some where in the middle with all this. She doesn't like the hobby, but doesn't hate it either, and sometimes I have a smoking buddy to hang out with while we chat, and sometimes I don't. Sometimes she even listens to my ramblings as I explain what I like about certain cigars and what I don't . . .regardless it is really nice to have her make the effort to hang out with me doing something I like. Its what a partnership is al about.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Nice, that's great man. It sometimes sucks being alone in the backyard. My wife sits with me 80% of the time, depending on the weather. I finally got her to like beer (took about 2 years) and everytime I ask her if you wants a puff - her answer is always no but I'm waiting for that one day when she will say yes.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Nice, and well-played I might add. Good of you not to say something like "Wow, I never thought I'd see the day," or it might've been the last time. My fiancee sat out with me about 75% of the time, when it wasn't too cold or too late. Now that she's my wife, we'll just have to wait and see, its been too busy a week to get out and smoke one. :)

Hopefully yours makes it a habit!
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    She got jealous because you were going to Skype virtual Herf with me! haha j/k!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    My wife usually sat out with me while I smoked. Now she smokes with me and it gives us quality time to just relax and talk. The best part is she tell me when we're getting low on cigars and encourages me to order more!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Very cool, would that be a new deck mojo thing happening?
    My wife has been very tolerant of my new habit and will sit outside with me on occasion, and it is nice. The other night the wind shifted and some smoke went her way. She let out a dramatic cough, I asked the classic "What is it Lassie, what are you trying to tell me girl" line. Risky, but she laughed, gotta love her. I hope the trend continues for you, and you're right, don't ask....just enjoy.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:

I am Gratfulk that this happened for you... I am blessed that My wife actually tells me to grab a cigar and we sit outside together, and discuss things and just be ........ she actually puffs on a cigar or two .. If i tell her Its a really good cigar and i enjoy iut she always wants to try it...... ive seen her turn green though ! LOL
    Congrats!
    So she has turned green before and still continues to sit out there with you?? Now that's a great wife!
    Diamondog:
    I think this is what happened with my wife. She basically has come to terms with the fact that I am gonna keep doing what I'm doing.
    The3Stogies:
    Very cool, would that be a new deck mojo thing happening?
    My wife has been very tolerant of my new habit and will sit outside with me on occasion, and it is nice. The other night the wind shifted and some smoke went her way. She let out a dramatic cough, I asked the classic "What is it Lassie, what are you trying to tell me girl" line. Risky, but she laughed, gotta love her. I hope the trend continues for you, and you're right, don't ask....just enjoy.
    Don't think it was the new deck...since we were sitting on the old one, lol. I think she just wanted to sit out there and talk...I'm not complaining ;)
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Awesome! Now you just need to find a way to keep her there! My wife used to be anti-smoking also! Finally I told her I just don't even want to talk to her about cigars and stop trying to change who I am. I enjoy cigars and will continue to smoke them. I do shower up after a smoke and take the time to "freshen up" the best I can. After many years of anti-smoking...she now will sit in a B&M and read her Kindle while I sit and enjoy a smoke! We have small talk and I sit and think about things. Ask her opinion on stuff. The Kindle was clutch though!! She almost ignores the whole place and gets lost in book. Tell how how much you enjoyed her company. Compliments never hurt!
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Cheers to the first of many nights together!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Perhaps she just read Proverbs 31, verses 10 - 31. I wish mine would, read it that is. My great fortune is that she's good with the cigars, usually takes a puff or two. I think her favorite so far are the Perdomo "Mistakes", Camaroon.