Home General Discussion

Whatcha Smokin'......for New Years!!

2»

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    If I am miraculusly cured by tomorrow (hope I am) I am planing to smoke the Warrior, Crest, RP Ren, maybe a Shaggy Maduro, Ashton VSG and not sure whatelse. I'm sure I'll bring a couple of extra to try. I have the cotm club cigars from the past two months sitting and aging. Want to wait another month before trying them.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947

Dang rwheel when ya comin' up for air bro--lol

I should clarify. I won't be smoking all that tomorrow. I am going to VA again and I'll smoke 2 - 3 on the way assuming I am feeling OK and then another 2 - 3 on the way back on Sunday. Not sure if I will smoke while I am there. My friend doesn't smoke cigars and I don't think his friends do either.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    rwheelwright:
    My friend doesn't smoke cigars and I don't think his friends do either.
    And what better opportunity to change that?
  • dep691dep691 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    I have to work a special at work wed thru sat so I wont be able to smoke anything until sunday. But on sun I'm gonna have an Opus X that I have had for awhile.
    Glad you cleared that up rwheelwright---for a minute I thought you were going to need a burning permit!!! LOL
  • WafflebobWafflebob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 118
    I've got a Excalibur 1066 Merlin I've been saving. I have to work 2nd shift on New years Eve though so no partying for me. My paycheck is 2 weeks late so I haven't been able to get much.
    j0z3r:
    rwheelwright:
    He used to smoke with me but turned into a casual cigarette smoker when he goes to bars. He said the taste he gets in his mouth for the next 24 hours isn't worth it to him.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    rwheelwright:
    j0z3r:
    rwheelwright:
    He used to smoke with me but turned into a casual cigarette smoker when he goes to bars. He said the taste he gets in his mouth for the next 24 hours isn't worth it to him.
    And cigs are better? Strange comment, maybe he needs to smoke not so nasty cigars. A lot of smokes I enjoy don't leave that bad of an aftertaste. Even then some rinses with Listerine fixes it.
  • mattjfmattjf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm not sure which one I'm going to smoke. I have a Fuente OpusX double corona, and a Fuente Anejo No 77.

I've never had either of them. Suggestions for tonight? Though I'm sure they are both fairly close and it's a personal preference.
  • nwbearcat21nwbearcat21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey guys..first post but I figured this would be a good place to start! For new years tongiht I picked up a nub cameroon, RP 1992, and a CAO Vision..Should be a good night!

• Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    Welcome bearcat...nice choice with Nub and RP 92.

So far I have had a Camacho while doing some yard work. I'm not sure what the other cigar will be for tonight but it may be one of these...
    Padron '26
    Camacho 3xM (thanks Jozer)
    Oliva V
    Ghurka Titan (it would be my first Ghurka)
    Either way I will let y'all know. I hope everyone has a great NYE, have fun and stay safe.
    welcome bearcat-interesting name-name of archrival football team that we played in high school-you dont by any chance hail from western nc do ya?
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    rwheelwright:
    I should clarify. I won't be smoking all that tomorrow. I am going to VA again and I'll smoke 2 - 3 on the way assuming I am feeling OK and then another 2 - 3 on the way back on Sunday. Not sure if I will smoke while I am there. My friend doesn't smoke cigars and I don't think his friends do either.
    I'd say hey, let's meet up for a smoke but I'll probably be passing you somewhere on 95 as I'll be headed for Cape Ann...
    Went to my best bud's house last night, the women and us played a doobious game of risk, let off some really cool fireworks, cops got called, couldn't find out who let them off since it was an apt complex (whew) but since I could only smoke outside, I had a AF between the lines which burned even the whole time and an ITC split decision (double wrapper) which did not. Both were good and I'm glad I have more of each. Today I will be smoking a little more. Hope everyone had a good night.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    I started the evening smoking a LFD Double Ligero Chiselito Maduro en route to a party. At the party, I played poker most of the night and ended up smoking A LFD Limitado III and an Oliva Serie V Torpedo. The Limitado had a bit of a plug in it, but I used a plastic fork to clear it up a bit and it burned flawlessly. Was a great cigar smoking evening indoors. Need more nights like that!
    so did you leave with some money? or at least more than what you started with?
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    came out $3 ahead...played for like 6 hours
  • nwbearcat21nwbearcat21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5

nope i'm from kansas city...it's the name of the college i went to. northwest missouri state

zoom6zoom:
    rwheelwright:
    I'd say hey, let's meet up for a smoke but I'll probably be passing you somewhere on 95 as I'll be headed for Cape Ann...
    Yeah, too bad. I would be up for that. We went to Alto something right here the other night. They had a cigar bar but we did not stay there. They had a few smokes locked up. I forget what they had but I know they had a RP of some kind.