Home Ratings & Reviews

Isla del Sol Robusto

kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
image This 5×52 stick from Drew Estate sports a dark brown wrapper with slight tooth and very slight green tint, firm even round construction, a generous double cap, minimal veins, tight seams and a sweet hay aroma. First light reveals a surprise to me, a sweetened tip. The flavor is just overwhelming sweetness, just a big candy taste. Draw is snug but putting off plenty of smooth light smoke. 20 minutes in the sweetened tip wears down ever so slightly and a small coffee flavor can be tasted on the retrohale. 35 min in at the 1/2 way point, the coffee infused flavor really comes out. It’s mixing with the tip flavor making it very sweet and smooth. Smoke output has increased even more, draw loosened up and it’s a medium-full body. Ending at 1 hour the last third dropped the artificial sweetness just going to a very creamy coffee flavor with a ton of rich smoke. http://cigarobsession.com/cigar-reviews/isla-del-sol-robusto-cigar-review/

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    If you like sweetened, coffee flavord cigars, this is definitely for you. I have always compared these to smoking a frappucino.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    I sometimes like the sweet ones. I'll puff when my gf smokes hers. But I found this one to be sickeningly sweet like it was dipped in sweet n low, so did my gf. Best coffee infused ones are the Tabak Especial Cafe Con Leche
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    This was my one and only flavored cigar. I wanted to try one and this was some guy standing next to me favorite stick. Glad I tried one, not trying any more.