Home General Discussion

Please help me put together a honeymoon sampler.

ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
I just dropped an email to Tim to see what sort of magic he can work. I've seen some of the samplers he's put together for others and it's been impressive.

I'd love to get your opinions on some absolute "must try" ultra-premiums. I'm usually a budget purchaser, but for this one I'm going all out. It's my chance to justify spending for rare high-end sticks like the GoF, Camacho PE, etc.

So, what do I want to make sure I don't miss out on?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    some must tries: GoF, Camacho PE, MoW line(all of them), Tatuaje J21 reserve, My Father, My father 1922, Any Fuente Anejo, Oliva V, Lost city Fuente, Short Story, Work of Art Maduro Fuente, VSG Ashton, ESG ashton, Padron 26', Padron 48', dude...this list could take a while lol
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Condoms.

Oh right, the smokes...
    AF Anejo Shark or any other
    Davidoff Maduro
    Opus X Fuente Fuente
    Padron Anniversary
    Liga Privada
    Avo 787

Hey CCOM, when this guy calls in, make sure you send an extra "gift" for him. Thanks!
  • nikostewartnikostewart Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 451
    zeebra:
    Condoms.

Oh right, the smokes...
    AF Anejo Shark or any other
    Davidoff Maduro
    Opus X Fuente Fuente
    Padron Anniversary
    Liga Privada
    Avo 787

Hey CCOM, when this guy calls in, make sure you send an extra "gift" for him. Thanks!
    +1.....Congrats on the wedding! I know I am bringing some of the best stuff I have to my honeymoon in two weeks. Enjoy it!
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Congrats man! Where are you heading to? I remember my honeymoon...there wasn't really enough free time to smoke :0)
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    If you want cigars that will be awesome soon, rather than cigars that you need to sit on for a while, go for high end Padron rather than high end Fuente stuff (or at least Opus and Anejo). If you're going to go high end Fuente and want something that doesn't need a year+ of age, then go for the Lost City or God of Fire stuff, as they have been aged prior to release.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    I would try a cosby sweater, an alaskan pipeline, and a dirty sanchez.

the cigars, I would just bring some everyday smokes. Something you will enjoy, but not overly special. Thats just me. I like my special cigars at home, reg ones in special places.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    skweekz:
    Congrats man! Where are you heading to? I remember my honeymoon...there wasn't really enough free time to smoke :0)

Thanks! We're heading to an all-inclusive in the Riviera Maya. Got a ridiculous deal through my sister and brother-in-law who are members of a vacation club. $350 total for the two of us for 7 nights. And my sister picked that up as our wedding gift. When you also consider that our flights are free because of Discover Card points... it means we are literally not paying a cent for our honeymoon.

Hence the huge cigar purchase. :)

Niko, congrats on your honeymoon, too!
    docbp87:
    If you want cigars that will be awesome soon, rather than cigars that you need to sit on for a while, go for high end Padron rather than high end Fuente stuff (or at least Opus and Anejo). If you're going to go high end Fuente and want something that doesn't need a year+ of age, then go for the Lost City or God of Fire stuff, as they have been aged prior to release.

Thanks, I was actually wondering about this, and I was planning on specifically staying away from the Opus stuff for that reason. I don't think I can pass up trying an Anejo, though!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    ndhaon91:
    docbp87:
    Thanks, I was actually wondering about this, and I was planning on specifically staying away from the Opus stuff for that reason. I don't think I can pass up trying an Anejo, though!
    Yeah and I would definitely emphasize the high end Padrons. I've had a few 1926s and a few 1964s. Awesome smokes, but the 6000 is actually awesome as well but the 1926 maduro is my favorite of the bunch.

You could also try a few different things instead of a random mix of all the high end smokes you can think of. why not have Tim put together samplers around certain brands that you want to try but maybe don't get to normally. Maybe a DPG sampler (blue, black, and the higher end stuff) or a Padron sampler (6000, the 1964 natural and maduro, and 1926 natural and maduro). Or maybe a kirstoff sampler, I don't know man, just throwing out ideas.

Also regarding cigars that need age. . . . . you could sneak in your 1st and 5th anniversary cigar in there too, I'm just saying . . . .
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    +1. Tim had some Padron Family Reserves at a pretty good price awhile back. That or the Lost City would be my celebration smoke.
    boydmcgowan:
    Also regarding cigars that need age. . . . . you could sneak in your 1st and 5th anniversary cigar in there too, I'm just saying . . . .

You, sir, are a genius.