Home General Discussion

Am i crazy

rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
OK I know that I am crazy, but not like this. I am enjoying a nice MoW R with a wee dram of the glen. I swear I taste a little bit of honey out the nose. Anyone else get that?

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Ooo yea. Definitely a little sweetness to the Ruination. Love that stick. And with some glen??? Even better. I bet the glen pairing is helping the finer notes of the cigar come out. At least, I hope so.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    rossdavey2:
    OK I know that I am crazy, but not like this. I am enjoying a nice MoW R with a wee dram of the glen. I swear I taste a little bit of honey out the nose. Anyone else get that?
    .. I've got one that I will put to the test. Can't remember any honey hint cigars.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Interesting. I would imagine it is more from the Whisky than the cigar. I get some good sweetness from the Ruination, but it is more like a chocolate, oak, woody sweet. I have gotten honey from cigars before, but usually much lighter, milder stuff than the Ruination.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Whiskey on your lips, in contact with the cigar wrapper makes wonderful flavors. Although dipping the tip in the stuff is strictly taboo, on the lips it can create nirvana.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    lilwing88:
    Ooo yea. Definitely a little sweetness to the Ruination. Love that stick. And with some glen??? Even better. I bet the glen pairing is helping the finer notes of the cigar come out. At least, I hope so.
    makes sense to me, though I would imagine the dark Ruination would be more molasses than honey, what you get is what You get, and that's what make the cigar so great, isn't it? :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    rossdavey2:
    how is that crazy? fermentation creates flavors. this is true in tobacco and in spirits. this is one of the least crazy questions ever posted on the boards here.

this is what we call "developing your palate"

• denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    which glen and which year?
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Ross,

It's obvious you're crazy, but that is beside the point. I would have to say I have tasted a bit of sweetness on a MoW Ruination. I have a few that Alex sent me couple years ago, before they changed the band. They are aging quite nicely and I smoked one w/ a Cherry wheat Sam Adams, def a nice pairing.