Home General Discussion

God of Fire

Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
I dont know to much about these and want to know more. They have different years does that mean it came from that year? the different wrappers are they different blends? the different maker is that a different blend? is the tubos also different? or do the different vilota have a different blend? And is it on the opus x level or higher or lower? Any info would be great.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the tobacco came from that year. the different wrappers are different blends blended by two different blenders, Don Carlos and Carlito. each was blended as their "perfect" cigar
    the carlito version (cameroon) tastes closer to the casa fuente and the don carlos (ecuadorian rosado)is closer to the don carlos blend.
    the vitolas are handled like most different vitolas are in the fuente factory. each size has its own taste due to how the wrapper and fill react to each other but they are the same blend.
    they are way more limited than the opusx or anejo. i cant tell you if they are better or not. that all depends on you taste in cigars.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I love them, but would rather spend half the cash and get an Opus X or Anejo. They are great cigars for a special occasion, and certainly have the potential to age for a while. There are no differences between the tubed and non-tubed versions of each cigar, aside from how they may age in a tube versus not.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    docbp87:
    I love them, but would rather spend half the cash and get an Opus X or Anejo.
    +1
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    docbp87:
    I love them, but would rather spend half the cash and get an Opus X or Anejo. They are great cigars for a special occasion, and certainly have the potential to age for a while. There are no differences between the tubed and non-tubed versions of each cigar, aside from how they may age in a tube versus not.

+ 2..... but truthfully GOF or Opus are over priced and Seems they are more for HUGE EGOS and OverFlowing Pockets and Another Status thing. Just saying.....
  • Christian_SappChristian_Sapp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    thanks guys, now the prices ccom have are they inflated because they are an online retailer just like the anejo or is 20 bucks a stick pretty standard?
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    look around, i found anejos and opus xxx and super belis for 15.00 each and less
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Christian_Sapp:
    thanks guys, now the prices ccom have are they inflated because they are an online retailer just like the anejo or is 20 bucks a stick pretty standard?
    I believe that the GoF prices are set by Fuente themselves and are pretty much the same all around.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Redtailhawkoz:
    docbp87:

+ 2..... but truthfully GOF or Opus are over priced and Seems they are more for HUGE EGOS and OverFlowing Pockets and Another Status thing. Just saying.....
    To say the are for "huge egos and overflowing pockets and another status thing" is an opinion. I dont think that is correct at all. I enjoy those smokes much better than a 5 vegas or some other lower priced cigars, and I dont mind paying for quality. You can say that about any product in the world, but to say for the reasons you say is your opinion!
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    I would agree...quality over quantity my friend.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Redtailhawkoz:
    docbp87:

Ozzie, I can't believe you think of me that way! :-(
  • havanaalhavanaal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 150
    Overpriced, but worth it. Think of the price of your favorite booze. Mine is Chinaco Anejo Tequila. $50 a bottle if you can find it. Overpriced? So what...I would pay a premium for quality over mediocrity any day. Well, any day I could afford it.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Ditto with Zeebra. I beleive every Arturo Fuente is over priced. I do not like Opus X and stuck with a box. I do like Anejo 55. However, God of Fire is one of my favorite cigar. I don't mind to pay that price because of the taste. I smoke one cigar a day after work. I really look forward all day long for that moment and simply do not want to be disappointed. My person opinion about a good cigar is-"flavor and balance have more to do with a great cigar than just power." God of Fire is perfectly balanced and flavorful but over priced like many good cigars. I am with Zeebra enjoy a good cigar because a good cigar is like a good memory. However, I have nothing against 5 vegas or Morro castle. If someone enjoy smoking them- good for him.
    Redtailhawkoz:
    docbp87:

Not sure I agree with this completely. In a B&M that is not being shady, you should be able to pick up Anejos for around 10$, or less, and Opus easily under 15$. For me, they are well worth that.

The second hand/aftermarket prices they are sold for at online dealers however... no. Not at all.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    docbp87:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    docbp87:

Not sure I agree with this completely. In a B&M that is not being shady, you should be able to pick up Anejos for around 10$, or less, and Opus easily under 15$. For me, they are well worth that.

The second hand/aftermarket prices they are sold for at online dealers however... no. Not at all.
    I'm with you Doc. These prices are easily obtainable. I payed $50 for 5 Anejo 50, $55 for 5 Opus XXX, and $150 for the Box (10) GoF I had. And these were all online purchases. Fuente's msrp is pretty good imo. Even tho I didn't care for the GoF, I could see how some people like em.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    docbp87:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    docbp87:

No question Opus are well worth the money, people tend to confuse when an online retailer or a B&M price gouge on Opus and tend to confuse that with MSRP, $20, $30 a cigar is not remotely even close to what MSRP are for an Opus and although it will be rare to find them at MSRP for most people, it is not out of the question to find at slightly higher than MSRP.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Supply and demand! You talk it up. It goes up.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I had a don carlos gof this afternoon while doing some Risk. As always it's a terrific smoke. One thing I do hate about Fuente, they go a little overboard with the glue on the band, damn thing tore some wrapper. Still didn't mess with the burn too much, almost burned my fingers 'cause I didn't want to say good bye to the cigar. The GOF are a bit steep but if you can get them on a good sale I say jump.
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    Diamondog:
    docbp87:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    docbp87:

No question Opus are well worth the money, people tend to confuse when an online retailer or a B&M price gouge on Opus and tend to confuse that with MSRP, $20, $30 a cigar is not remotely even close to what MSRP are for an Opus and although it will be rare to find them at MSRP for most people, it is not out of the question to find at slightly higher than MSRP.
    ///when do the opus come out each year becaue I would consider getting some if they were in the teens instead of the 30s?
    Around Father's Day, and around Christmas.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    docbp87:
    Around Father's Day, and around Christmas.
    Opus are on the same timeline as the Añejo?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    opusx is usually a bit more often. 4 times a year if i am not mistaken. two match up with the above mentioned. the other two lie in the middle of those.