Home General Discussion

You Guys Are Too Hardcore

Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
So my flight to the Dominican was cancelled so I came home to smoke a cigar. We are working on a size for shorty Rossi in the Punisher line that is a 4.5 x 60 torpedo. I kit it up and almost burned my face off my lips were on fire. I love the flavor and the cigar, I just can't smoke them. I know it makes me kind of a wimp I guess but these really do live up to their name.

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I'm with you, Alex. I was too scared to try mine, so I sent it to Joe instead.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Yeah, these super strong blends just don't appeal to me.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    I've sorta been following the continuing, exciting exploits of you guys who seem to be after bragging rights with regard to who can smoke the strongest stick. It's something I don't quite grasp - being the wimp that I apparently am. I mean, it's kinda like when you tell the doctor "it hurts when I do this" and the doctor days"well then, don't do that". What's the point? LOL.

Marty

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Sounds like a challenge to me.........
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    lilwing88:
    Sounds like a challenge to me.........
    me too! I'd love to tackle that beast!
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Sounds like it might be good in cold weather like spicy food.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Sweet! I think I have one or two. I'll have to try it soon.
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 429
    Alex Svenson:
    So my flight to the Dominican was cancelled so I came home to smoke a cigar. We are working on a size for shorty Rossi in the Punisher line that is a 4.5 x 60 torpedo. I kit it up and almost burned my face off my lips were on fire. I love the flavor and the cigar, I just can't smoke them. I know it makes me kind of a wimp I guess but these really do live up to their name.
    That's awesome! When will the shorty punisher be out?? That sounds great!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i think the punisher will be great after about 10-15 years of age
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    i see it more as a novelty. I like a strong cigar but I think it needs to be about balance. not just a ton of spice or super strength. I like the Diesel and MOW Ruination but they are a full bodied complete package. I like Opus and Tat Red and Tat Black and VSG as well but to take just the strength and add spice doesn't make a great cigar for me. I think kuzi hit the nail on the head with the aging.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    i set up a deal with tim and he had one in the deal and i ask him to take that out after what ive read, maybe the shorty version needs to be a shorty corona 4 x 40, lol
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    What do you mean super strong?? These are great for a nice breakfast smoke ;)
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    dennisking:
    i see it more as a novelty. I like a strong cigar but I think it needs to be about balance. not just a ton of spice or super strength. I like the Diesel and MOW Ruination but they are a full bodied complete package. I like Opus and Tat Red and Tat Black and VSG as well but to take just the strength and add spice doesn't make a great cigar for me. I think kuzi hit the nail on the head with the aging.

Exactly. I've had one Punisher, and it isn't the strength that will keep me from going back to it.  It's the fact that a massive face full of pepper simply isn't appealing to me as far as flavor profiles go. 
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Krieg:
    What do you mean super strong?? These are great for a nice breakfast smoke ;)
    I did not find the Punisher overbearing at all...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Haven't had one yet. Soon maybe...
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    I love the punisher like I like peppers on everything! It is a good switch up from a medium to full smoke with a lot of spice on the cigar instead of in it.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Pvnisher is one cigar I have absolutely no desire to even try. Seems more like a novelty than a good cigar.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Sounds like a good morning smoke for me.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Alex Svenson:

Where are these Punishers? I have to Try one of those! LOL I dont think it has anything to do with beinjg Hard Core , it has alot to do with peoples tastes, Like Hot wings, or BBQ. I can pretty Much Eat Anything BLAZZING HOT.... Although I am not like Man Vs Food and Eat a TOn of it , but I like to Sample different Heats and FLavors ... Just Like Cigars!
    Bring On the Punisher!!! Anyone have one they dont need or want? LOL
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    I have no problem with the strength, I just don't care at all for the "shorty" type cigars. I gave away all my Nubs.
  • timbtimb BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 216

Punisher deal incoming!

Email tblythe @ cigar.com if you can't wait...

Angry [:@]

Punisher Face.

btw - I tend to agree with some posters here regarding Punisher.  I find it to be medium-full.  Spicy like good spicy food, flavorful and savory like a meal.  After I enjoy one of these, it takes me a lot of self discipline to not light up another.  I don't think it's too strong and once you get past the initial Spice Blast it mellows a bit.  Will it rock you?  Yes.  Will it knock you out?  No.

• beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    timb:

Punisher deal incoming!

Email tblythe @ cigar.com if you can't wait...

Angry [:@]

Punisher Face.

btw - I tend to agree with some posters here regarding Punisher.  I find it to be medium-full.  Spicy like good spicy food, flavorful and savory like a meal.  After I enjoy one of these, it takes me a lot of self discipline to not light up another.  I don't think it's too strong and once you get past the initial Spice Blast it mellows a bit.  Will it rock you?  Yes.  Will it knock you out?  No.

I am awestruck.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Alex Svenson:

Where are these Punishers? I have to Try one of those! LOL I dont think it has anything to do with beinjg Hard Core , it has alot to do with peoples tastes, Like Hot wings, or BBQ. I can pretty Much Eat Anything BLAZZING HOT.... Although I am not like Man Vs Food and Eat a TOn of it , but I like to Sample different Heats and FLavors ... Just Like Cigars!
    Bring On the Punisher!!! Anyone have one they dont need or want? LOL
    After reading this post, I gave one of these a try yesterday for the first time. I have to agree with what everyone who has tried one has said previously. The first sixth (half of a third would be a sixth, yeah? Just sounds funny....) was like smoking a friggin habanero pepper! Lips, tongue, mouth in general was ON FIRE! LOL I hung with it though, and found that after said sixth the spice went away and the stick was very reminiscent of a nice medium bodied stick. Gotta say, I was actually a bit disappointed when the initial spice went away as it was a very unique experience.

Anyone who enjoys spicy things should definitely give this one a whirl! Hopefully Cu-Avana will come out with a stick that retains that spice for an entire stick....

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I'm curious if these cigars are treated somehow with pepper, either on the foot or head and after a little while either you burn through the spray or it wears off on to your lips and the cigar is actually just a normal cigar. It just seems like something fishy is going on with the intensity that only lasts a short time.
  • ztanner25ztanner25 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
    bigharpoon:
    I'm curious if these cigars are treated somehow with pepper, either on the foot or head and after a little while either you burn through the spray or it wears off on to your lips and the cigar is actually just a normal cigar. It just seems like something fishy is going on with the intensity that only lasts a short time.

I too wonder the same thing.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Yes there is a special process applied to the wrapper in aging.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Alex Svenson:
    Yes there is a special process applied to the wrapper in aging.
    Maybe its too much to ask, but all of us want to know what we're smoking. How much disclosure is involved in the industry on these matters? Surely we must be protected from toxic substances and such, but how much freedom is given to the growers and processors?
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Ive never tried the pvnisher because I never got into smoking something that would remind me of the gas chamber. But now im curious.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    bigharpoon:
    Pvnisher is one cigar I have absolutely no desire to even try. Seems more like a novelty than a good cigar.
    I know I posted that it may be a novelty but I still want to try one. I like balance and awesome flavor first, power second or even third. maybe I will change my mind. I guess I need to get one and try it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the only reason i pay any attention to the power of a cigar is so i know what i am walking into.

"power" and "good" are not necessarily synonyms. they may be, but they may not be.