Home General Discussion

Advice on pitching an idea....Alex?

alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
Any and all input is welcome, hopefully Alex can chime in at some point too. Let's say I hypothetically wanted to pitch an idea to Pete Johnson. What would be the best way to go about it in order to be taken seriously and to ensure he actually reads my idea? I hypothetically already have a write-up outlining my idea, and know what I want to say, it's just the means of delivering the message itself that I am unsure about.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I would imagine the best ways would be e-mail, or find an event where he is and talk to him directly. Send him some pictures of your tat work THAT will catch his attention. He must open his own e-mails. He's a regular guy, I don't think he wants to be an unreachable celebrity.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    I would say in person at an event. Hes a cool guy. At the Texas Cigar festival, I was chatting with him for about 20 minutes like we were best friends. Hes down to earth and was def. hearing what I was telling him, but it wasnt about ideas or anything. Good luck with your idea.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Title the email something that will catch his attention and make him laugh, like "Yo, read this, bee-otch!" I bet that would work.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Thanks for the input, I agree that the best way to do it would be to present it to him in person at an event. Unfortunately, the B&M near me has never had a Tatuaje event, and I doubt there will be any in the near future. If there was going to be an event within a couple of hours of me I'd be willing to drive for it.

I have always heard that he was a very approachable, down-to-earth guy. I really would like to see this idea come to fruition, as it is an idea that I feel very passionately about. I want to make sure that if he does disregard it or think it isn't a good idea, its because it really wasn't a good or marketabe idea; not because my way of presenting it sucked so hard that he just doesn't look at it.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Dig a pit in your basement, kidnap him and FORCE him to listen. That's what I'd do and if he refuses; then he has to put the lotion on his skin.......
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    alienmisprint:
    Thanks for the input, I agree that the best way to do it would be to present it to him in person at an event. Unfortunately, the B&M near me has never had a Tatuaje event, and I doubt there will be any in the near future. If there was going to be an event within a couple of hours of me I'd be willing to drive for it.
    Texas cigar festival. Not till april next year though.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    You could try twitter. He's very involved with that. Follow him on twitter and send him a Direct Message. If he responds, then I'm sure he'd be willing to hear you out.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Twitter, Facebook, the guy is really easy to get in touch with. Hell, he even posts on the other cigar forum I am most active on...
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    ENFIDL:
    Dig a pit in your basement, kidnap him and FORCE him to listen. That's what I'd do and if he refuses; then he has to put the lotion on his skin.......

Or you could slip him some rufies, then tattoo it on his forehead backwards so he could read it every morning in the mirror. Sooner or later he'd think the idea was a good one.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    ENFIDL:
    homeiswhereyoube
    DSWarmack:
    ENFIDL:

Or you could slip him some rufies, then tattoo it on his forehead backwards so he could read it every morning in the mirror. Sooner or later he'd think the idea was a good one.
    Both viable options. However, in order to proceed with either of these plans, I would first have to make physical contact with him. And, if I am in physical contact with him, I wouldn't really need to drug him or threaten to make a coat out of his skin, I could just give him a disc or printed out packet with my idea. But its always good to have a back-up plan, I'll keep both those in mind.
    Well, I took some of your advice and got in contact with him via Facebook. I just asked if he'd be interested in seeing my proposal and if so where to send it. He replied with just his email. Now we play the waiting game.......
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Awesome man. Keep us posted on how this goes!
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    alienmisprint:
    Well, I took some of your advice and got in contact with him via Facebook. I just asked if he'd be interested in seeing my proposal and if so where to send it. He replied with just his email. Now we play the waiting game.......

Damn I thought you were gonna tell us he got a tattoo.
    If he does respond at all, I'm gonna throw a quick..."Oh, and hey, if you get a chance to check out my portfolio and you like my work, I'll tattoo you for cigars. Just sayin', something to think about."