Home General Discussion

New cutter

flayankeeflayankee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 47
Looking to pickup a quality cutter, as now i'm using a cheapo from local smoke shop. Any suggestion would help.Right now i'm thinking either a Xikar or Palio.

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I know a lot of guys on here love the Xikar Scissors. I personally like my colibri dual blade. I have the mow and diesel ones.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272
    I use the Xicar Xi2, awesome cutter IMO.
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    I've got a Xikar Xi, I.M. Corona double-bladed guillotine cutter, and a Wolf V-Cutter. I really like the Wolf V-Cutter, plus it's not that expensive. I usually do a double cross cut with it.
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    amz1301:
    I've got a Xikar Xi, I.M. Corona double-bladed guillotine cutter, and a Wolf V-Cutter. I really like the Wolf V-Cutter, plus it's not that expensive. I usually do a double cross cut with it.

A double cross cut... I will have to try that out!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Can't speak for other products, but I have a Xikar Xi cutter and it works great, plus Xikar carries a lifetime guarantee.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    When I get another cutter it will definately be scissors...much more control with the cut...
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    I have the Palio, and a xikar and had a wolf v-cutter. I use the palio most of the time, and I love how it cuts. Sometimes I just want less smoke and when I do, I go for the v cut or a punch. I am in the process of acquiring a new v-cutter, a xikar xv. It really just depend on what you want. I have never used scissors, have a pair, just afraid to mess up a good stick.
  • bipbip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    Dude. If you had more control over your stick, you wouldn't mess it us as bad
    DSWarmack:
    I have the Palio, and a xikar and had a wolf v-cutter. I use the palio most of the time, and I love how it cuts. Sometimes I just want less smoke and when I do, I go for the v cut or a punch. I am in the process of acquiring a new v-cutter, a xikar xv. It really just depend on what you want. I have never used scissors, have a pair, just afraid to mess up a good stick.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I like the Xikar. Every Colibri I've owned seems to mash the cigar.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Love my XiKar scissors, Palio guillotine, and WOLF V-cutter.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    bip:
    Dude. If you had more control over your stick, you wouldn't mess it us as bad
    DSWarmack:

I don't handle my stick as often as you do... uh, wait a min...
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    Cuban Crafters perfect cutter works great so far for me.
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    +2 on the Cuban Crafters Perfect Cutter. I also have the scissors and xi2 and haven't used them since. The Cuban Crafters have a back plate that prevents you from cutting too much. I swear I no longer look at my cuts or line them up just insert cut and you are on your way. They are around 15 bucks and stainless steel too with lifetime warranty. They are, for lack of a better word, perfect.
  • MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    YankeeMan:
    I like the Xikar. Every Colibri I've owned seems to mash the cigar.
    Yeah, I have the MOW one and it tends to do the same thing. Cutting seems like hard for for that instrument. I need a new cutter as well. I will read on for ideas.
  • MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    BlueRings:
    +2 on the Cuban Crafters Perfect Cutter. I also have the scissors and xi2 and haven't used them since. The Cuban Crafters have a back plate that prevents you from cutting too much. I swear I no longer look at my cuts or line them up just insert cut and you are on your way. They are around 15 bucks and stainless steel too with lifetime warranty. They are, for lack of a better word, perfect.
    I'm in, I must find one of these..
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    Amazon is the only place I could find them.
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    PM to both of you
  • flayankeeflayankee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 47
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I think am gonna go for the Palio, i like the classic look of a guillotine and seems it would be easier to carry in my pocket than the Xikars . I smoke alot on the golf course and at my local cigar bar.Now to find a good deal on one.
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    flayankee:
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I think am gonna go for the Palio, i like the classic look of a guillotine and seems it would be easier to carry in my pocket than the Xikars . I smoke alot on the golf course and at my local cigar bar.Now to find a good deal on one.

I smoke alot on the course too. Pick yourself up Thundra lighter and throw it in your bag, you won't regret it.