Home General Discussion

Shipping carrier change Ccom?

RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
Just wanted to see if this is just a flook or the way things are going to be from here on out. I'm used to receiving my goodies fast via USPS but upon checking the tracking numbers I see that its UPS now. Anyone else seeing this or am I the only one. Not to keen on the idea of UPS from all the horror stories I have read about on the forums. Could someone from Ccom chime in and shed some light on the matter or PM. Thanks

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    RampMonkey:
    Just wanted to see if this is just a flook or the way things are going to be from here on out. I'm used to receiving my goodies fast via USPS but upon checking the tracking numbers I see that its UPS now. Anyone else seeing this or am I the only one. Not to keen on the idea of UPS from all the horror stories I have read about on the forums. Could someone from Ccom chime in and shed some light on the matter or PM. Thanks
    usps brought mine yesterday from a purchase thru a ccom rep. but i think they ship different on how things are purchased like dd's etc, i like mine usps too as they come in 2-3 days ups takes a week, wonder if you contact them you change prefrence everything shipped usps? im going to send an email an ask
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    jj20030:
    RampMonkey:
    usps brought mine yesterday from a purchase thru a ccom rep. but i think they ship different on how things are purchased like dd's etc, i like mine usps too as they come in 2-3 days ups takes a week, wonder if you contact them you can have everything shipped usps?
    I think you are correct about how you purchase. When I purchase a DD it comes UPS (free Shipping) and when I place my regular orders and pay shipping it comes USPS. At least that is what I have noticed.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    UPS has delivered the last 4 or so of mine. I just assumed this was the norm. USPS is def. Faster tho.
    jj20030:
    RampMonkey:
    usps brought mine yesterday from a purchase thru a ccom rep. but i think they ship different on how things are purchased like dd's etc, i like mine usps too as they come in 2-3 days ups takes a week, wonder if you contact them you change prefrence everything shipped usps? im going to send an email an ask
    thats how sister does it too, next door to ccom
    MTuccelli:
    jj20030:
    RampMonkey:
    usps brought mine yesterday from a purchase thru a ccom rep. but i think they ship different on how things are purchased like dd's etc, i like mine usps too as they come in 2-3 days ups takes a week, wonder if you contact them you can have everything shipped usps?
    I think you are correct about how you purchase. When I purchase a DD it comes UPS (free Shipping) and when I place my regular orders and pay shipping it comes USPS. At least that is what I have noticed.
    wrong quote,lol , thats how sister does it too, next door to ccom
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    That's why I email all of my orders - to ensure that they ship USPS. UPS takes a week to ship to california whereas USPS takes 2-3 days. If you live closer to pennsylvania then UPS might be better though.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    All of my orders have been with a Ccom rep or via the web and "all" have been through USPS. Just found it odd. I don't like the idea of sticks bouncing around in a dry UPS truck/plane. Hate to get the goods and see that the sticks are toasted and then having to take it up with Ccom.

As for my location Im located in ID and PA is more then a stone throw away. Shoot when Ken Light and I did a deal it was super fast USPS. I'll shoot a message to the crew at Ccom and see whats the best route. I thank everyone for the feed back on the topic.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    If there is anything shipped international, it would be wise to specify that you want it shipped via USPS. For the most part, everything going international or APO gets handed over to the USPS in New York. Sometimes the transition gets jacked up and stuff gets lost. Since we been over here several of us have had lost packages due to the swith in carriers. Just a thought.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272
    My last few DD's were shipped with USPS, don't remember the last UPS shipment I got from Ccom. Take the horror stories you hear about UPS with a grain of salt. For every person on here that hates UPS, there's someone on another site who hates USPS. Personally I have never had any trouble with UPS and i've been using them for over a decade now with my eBay account. Priority mail is generally quicker though, i'll give them that.
    ok, this is an answer i got from my ccom man, I can always ship USPS for you. Sometimes I'll have to upgrade it for you, but that is only $1 or $2 tops.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    jj20030:
    ok, this is an answer i got from my ccom man, I can always ship USPS for you. Sometimes I'll have to upgrade it for you, but that is only $1 or $2 tops.
    Great news
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    jj20030:
    Good looking out. I'll keep that in mind.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I know sometimes they will use UPS as a pass through carrier, then USPS delivers to the home.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    I live in PA, about three hours away from the warehouse. For the longest time, everything came UPS and only took 1 or 2 days. Now everything seems to come USPS and takes at least 2 or 3 days, sometimes more. I'm definitely a bigger fan of UPS.
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    The Warehouse has made a change to how things work. If the order is free shipping there is a chance it will go out USPS or UPS it depends on weight, size and where it's goin. If an order is free shipping but you want to make sure it goes a specific way you have to give us a call in or email us and there will be a $2 charge.
    might want to call your rep. i told mine if he could set it up or i needed to let them know when ordering and he said he would set it up.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    The Warehouse has made a change to how things work. If the order is free shipping there is a chance it will go out USPS or UPS it depends on weight, size and where it's goin. If an order is free shipping but you want to make sure it goes a specific way you have to give us a call in or email us and there will be a $2 charge.

All my oders have alwasy come USPS to California, UPS takes 2 weeks to get here it alwasy sits in some waherhouse near the By in San Francisco till there is ful trucks to cometo Sacramento... and the UPS packages always come beat up... and when its 110 degrees taking that long the cigars are Toast.......
    I HATE UPS period
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Andrew Dzikoski:

I was updated with a reply here and via email and from the sounds of it the best way around is to call or email them now on. This isn't always an option for me due to schedule conflicts. Although a ccom rep has offer to be a "go to" person which is another avenue but from what I have experienced so far and have read on the forums it can generate time to get a reply back. I thank everyone for their thoughts on the matter and for the responses from ccom aswell. I'll have to weigh my options and see what works for me.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Krieg:
    I know sometimes they will use UPS as a pass through carrier, then USPS delivers to the home.
    UPS and FedEx have a government contract where they can deliver certain things to the local post office instead of to each house. Since this cuts down on their gas and labor time they estimate it saves them $.70 per package to drop them off at the P.O.. Boy, doesn't this fire up my local post-master.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    bigharpoon:
    Krieg:
    UPS and FedEx have a government contract where they can deliver certain things to the local post office instead of to each house. Since this cuts down on their gas and labor time they estimate it saves them $.70 per package to drop them off at the P.O.. Boy, doesn't this fire up my local post-master.
    Yea and there is no slower shipping than Fed-Ex "smart-post". Talk about ridiculous!