Home General Discussion

How about this address list solution

letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
Hey everyone, not trying to beat a dead horse, but how about from now on, we make it board practice to not send out lists of adresses to anyone. I appreciate wayne doing so much for everyone, I know I have recieved the list as well.and it has made it easier to send out packages.

How about we take the following action as a board, from now on, only addresses asked for specifically can be sent out. If someone needs my adress, pm someone, and just get my adress, that way we can still bomb eachother secretly (which is a great time) and everyone maybe maintains a higher comfort level

What does everyone think of this suggestion??

Comments

• rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    rossdavey2:
    Sounds good.
    x2 and must be a verified good trader?
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,426
    Ok, so the guys with the list keep the list?

You have to be on the good traders list to get a single address off the list? Seems excessive to me...

I understand privacy, more than most. I haven't given the list to anyone other than sending it back to Wayne, that I can think of. With less than 5 min of effort I can have the physical address of anyone here, and thats just being given your screen name and having access to the internet. IMO this has gone from a way to unknowingly drop a BOTL some cigars to reliving the Patriot Act debacles! If someone wants your address it takes minimal effort and a subscription to a database; I'm just saying.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    I like the concept here, but the problems with this solution are two-fold, IMO:

1) One or a few guys are going to end up responsible for PM'ing all addresses at all times. If they're fine with it, that's not a road block though. It should also be made public knowledge on a thread everyone who has the list and everyone who is willing/trusted to give out addresses from it.

2)Isn't a good way for someone to get on the good trader's list to send out a bomb? When I started it was suggested to me that I set up a blind trade or two (or five) and send first, but I've heard people suggest a bomb instead. I have a solution to this one, possibly: if a non-good trader's list person wants to send a bomb, they get a name and address, but they don't know what screen name that belongs to. I wish we could just give an address but I think to ship you need a name. If that's not true they could just get an address.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    letsgowithbob:
    Hey everyone, not trying to beat a dead horse, but how about from now on, we make it board practice to not send out lists of adresses to anyone. I appreciate wayne doing so much for everyone, I know I have recieved the list as well.and it has made it easier to send out packages.

How about we take the following action as a board, from now on, only addresses asked for specifically can be sent out. If someone needs my adress, pm someone, and just get my adress, that way we can still bomb eachother secretly (which is a great time) and everyone maybe maintains a higher comfort level

So as you said beating a dead horse.... isnt this SO called Solution the Basic Jist of what The thread I started about the concerns of the list was about?
    LOL
    Do we really need MORE Input? It is really common sense and For what ever its worth Yeah wayne made a list, sent it to who asked for it ANy one of us could have done this if we wanted to, I have had a Massive list far longer than wayne has been on the boards, he sent me his list i only needed 2 of the addresses he had on it, Lakre Made a list a long time ago, and he only sent it to those who asked for it personaly or needed a single address.
    Like has been said whats done is done to this point.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    Redtailhawkoz:
    letsgowithbob:

So as you said beating a dead horse.... isnt this SO called Solution the Basic Jist of what The thread I started about the concerns of the list was about?
    LOL
    Do we really need MORE Input? It is really common sense and For what ever its worth Yeah wayne made a list, sent it to who asked for it ANy one of us could have done this if we wanted to, I have had a Massive list far longer than wayne has been on the boards, he sent me his list i only needed 2 of the addresses he had on it, Lakre Made a list a long time ago, and he only sent it to those who asked for it personaly or needed a single address.
    I read your post, and thats what brought me to post this. I was under the assumption that your post was closed. I agree that what is done is done. This suggestion was just to present an idea for future board etiquette.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    letsgowithbob:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    letsgowithbob:

LOL
    I read your post, and thats what brought me to post this. I was under the assumption that your post was closed. I agree that what is done is done. This suggestion was just to present an idea for future board etiquette.
    I think he meant that what you suggested was what we were already doing BEFORE the address list started to circulate. This problem has been solved and the passes trades and games can continue as always.