Home General Discussion

Chicago trip with my dad...

tankbonniestankbonnies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
Hey guys..I"m taking my Dad to Chicago this weekend to see a Cubs game. We are both big cigar smokers. Is there a place in downtown Chicago where we can go and smoke? Preferably a bar, but even a local B&M would be fiine. Any recommendations? Thanks

Comments

• y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    I can't tell you of any cigar shops or cigar bars in Chicago, but should you find a good one it would be in your best interest beforehand to go to the Chicago Chop House on W. Ontario, and order yourself a bone-in filet mignon. It will be one of the best $50-$60 you will spend on red meat.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Few questions..... Where you staying? Are you going to Sat game? What's your price range?
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    lilwing88 is the man when it comes to finding a good spot to smoke in Chi Town. I live here and find myself having to ask him about good spots LOL.
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    thx alex...i'll take your advice......Lilwing...I'm going to Saturdays game, will arrive in Chicago around 9am.....leave Sunday night....staying at the Club Quarters on West Adams Street. All other hotels were booked.....Wanted to go to the clark stree ale house..but found out they don't allow you to smoke there....no price range for me....taking my dad there for his 60th Birthday...Just looking for a nice place to have a few cigars....relax...etc......Y2pasco...That Chicago Chop House looks really good.....
    lilwing.....also looking for a good pizza place.....last time i was out there I went to had pizza pot pie @chicago pizza and oven grinder.....loved it....
    Well, weather permitting, you have a few options..... For smokes, you can try Blue Havana on Belmont and Clark. They have a decent selection of Tats and Viajes but unfortunately the staff there isn't the friendliest so just be warned. But its close to Wrigley and they have a lounge, plus time will be of the essence with Sat traffic in the city. If you're cabbing it, it could get pricey. I recommend public trans. The CTA Red line is your friend. It can be an adventure at the Belmont stop, but there will be lots of tourists around for the game. No smoking in any bars or restaurants in Chicago. Period. But Blue Havana is BYOB. And there's a good liquor store at Belmont and Sheffield, right near the L stop. They have a pretty decent craft beer selection. Blue Havana doesn't open till noon, I think. The only bar I know of that you might be able to smoke a cigar at in their beer garden, is Fizz at Lincoln and Belmont. Its a little out of the way from Wrigley though, and you'll have to cab it there from Blue Havana. For pizza, you have Giordano's (sp) on Belmont. Great deep dish. Or, closer to Fizz, you have The Art of Pizza at 3033 N Ashland. My personal favorite. If you have time and wanna check a cool cigar lounge that's closer to your hotel, try Tessa on Lake and Halsted. They have a great house blend that I hear good things about. Also, best bar close to the game is Bernie's on Clark and Waveland.

As far as hours, exact locations and prices, I'd google everything and map it out to get a gameplan. I'm also gonna PM you my cell # just in case you have any problems.
    wow...thanks for all of the info...greatly appreciate it!!!
    So, how'd it go?