Home Ratings & Reviews

Man O’ War Puro Authentico

djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
Wow o' Wow does this cigar kick @#$%. Just got my box last week and has been sitting in my humi until tonight. A box comes in 10 at a time packed with loose tobacco for protection. I was amazed how SMALL they are (5"x42 corona). They look much bigger in the pictures. The construction was perfect with no flaws. For such a small cigar it was quite heavy. So when I started smoking it, I was amazed how smooth it is. The flavor was not like any cigar I have had before. Smooth, cedar hints, spicy and earthy. Every puff was full of smoke. I was drinking a Terrapin Brown IPA and it complimented it well. About half way through the taste changed to a sweet taste. Not sure if it was the beer. I smoked it all the way to the nub and NEVER tasted harsh. The cigar burn line stayed even all the way down to the nub. I never had to relight it. This cigar is definitely in my top three cigars right now. I recommend trying this cigar. Regards, Bryan

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    sounds great, i got a box on the way
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Oh and the smoke time was about an hour long. :)
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Just got a sample stick with my Cigar of the Month club. I will smoke it this weekend. So far the cigar looks well constructed. Any suggestion of drink?
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    This is a fantastic cigar. Great experience. I burn at least a box a week and I can see it as being one of those cigars that stays in my rotation for several years.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Great cigar, I'm on my fourth box. I thought AJ hit his high-water mark with San Lotano, then he unloads this little firecracker on the unsuspecting masses.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Damn man, I really need to try one. How long do you guys think I should let it rest before firing up? I've only got one of them right now, I'd hate to have a bad experience with it and just assume its not my thing........
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    alienmisprint:
    Damn man, I really need to try one. How long do you guys think I should let it rest before firing up? I've only got one of them right now, I'd hate to have a bad experience with it and just assume its not my thing........
    They don't need any rest whatsoever in my experience. I would say smoke it now. It's a fantastic cigar, and I agree with Joe, it's my favorite AJ stick.
    Russ55:
    alienmisprint:
    They don't need any rest whatsoever in my experience. I would say smoke it now. It's a fantastic cigar, and I agree with Joe, it's my favorite AJ stick.
    Even though I'm not really on the AJ bandwagon, that is saying alot. I don't enjoy all his cigars, but some of them are very nice. To say this is his best..........well, I guess I will find out tomorrow.
    alienmisprint:
    Russ55:
    alienmisprint:
    Even though I'm not really on the AJ bandwagon, that is saying alot. I don't enjoy all his cigars, but some of them are very nice. To say this is his best..........well, I guess I will find out tomorrow.
    For what it's worth, that's coming from someone who's also not on the AJ bandwagon. I really, really like some of his blends, but I don't look at everything he makes with love goggles on.
  • MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    Alex Svenson:
    This is a fantastic cigar. Great experience. I burn at least a box a week and I can see it as being one of those cigars that stays in my rotation for several years.
    I love these, can't get enough of them. Noe, I hooked on the MOW Amada corona's that Andy sent me.
    Gets some package deals in the corona sizes together (see other thread). A nice 20 pak of 3 or 4 types would be cool.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Russ55:
    alienmisprint:
    Russ55:
    alienmisprint:
    For what it's worth, that's coming from someone who's also not on the AJ bandwagon. I really, really like some of his blends, but I don't look at everything he makes with love goggles on.
    I'll just say +1 since Russ has not only said what I would have, but also worded it in so similar a fashion as to be a bit eery. :)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    DOH! I need to try one of these. I haven't had the pleasure of even getting any yet. Well maybe some day. Anyway, glad to hear these are really good.
    I would haven never picked one up if Tim hadn't thrown it in on my last order.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    This post finally clinched it for me, picking up a few to try. Can't wait now.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I've got one in the humidor that I need to try soon. I've had some serious sinus problems this week and haven't smoked anything... This crap better be gone by next weekend.
    Well, I just smoked one. I hate it, but all you fans of them should send me a box to try and change my mind.

Seriously though, you guys were right. I'll throw in with Joe and Russ by saying it is absolutely my favorite AJ blend. That being said, I haven't tried the San Lotano yet.
  • ProbateGeekProbateGeek Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    My box don't get here till Friday, and you guys got me salivating all over my keyboard...
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Alright, finally a stick we agree on. Note to self, Alien likes the MOW Puro Authentico. Got it, lol. I have had two this week already. I don't even count them in anymore. Because I've been treating them like a everyday stick.
    The price isn't bad on them, but not quite low enough for me to burn them every day. Not even sure if I would smoke one every day if I could. I mean, I gotta fit those Anarchy's in somewhere, lol.
    alienmisprint:
    The price isn't bad on them, but not quite low enough for me to burn them every day. Not even sure if I would smoke one every day if I could. I mean, I gotta fit those Anarchy's in somewhere, lol.

Wow, a Anarchy. You guys are too much. With the MOW I enjoy the continued peppery spice and nuttiness throughout this smoke. It's not overbarring....
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    This is bad, I am constantly craving this cigar everyday now. HA!
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    This stick is easily more addicting than Crack, Heroine, etc...I am on Box #3 already. (some of them were shared though, but well worth it)
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    edited. wrong.

But the MOW Puros are a great smoke!
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    I have one that was gifted to me resting. Cant wait to try it.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    RCY Cigars:
    alienmisprint:

Wow, a Anarchy. You guys are too much. With the MOW I enjoy the continued peppery spice and nuttiness throughout this smoke. It's not overbarring....
    Nuts!!! Someone say nuts!
  • MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    RCY Cigars:
    Alright, finally a stick we agree on. Note to self, Alien likes the MOW Puro Authentico. Got it, lol. I have had two this week already. I don't even count them in anymore. Because I've been treating them like a everyday stick.
    I love the little firecracker for all the extra kick it has in the corona size. Try the MOW Amada corona, smooth and gooooood!
    phobicsquirrel:
    RCY Cigars:
    alienmisprint:

Nuts!!! Someone say nuts!

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!!! Too funny...........

Yes, the Armada Corona is great......
    RCY Cigars:
    Now that you mention it, this very well may be a first. Before we go calling the Guiness Book offices, is there anyone who DOESN'T like it?
    alienmisprint:
    RCY Cigars:
    Now that you mention it, this very well may be a first. Before we go calling the Guiness Book offices, is there anyone who DOESN'T like it?
    The only real complaint I can see being leveled at it, or at least that I'd take seriously, is the size it comes in. Some folks just don't like coronas. I used to not, but more and more they are winning me over.
    Russ55:
    alienmisprint:
    RCY Cigars:
    The only real complaint I can see being leveled at it, or at least that I'd take seriously, is the size it comes in. Some folks just don't like coronas. I used to not, but more and more they are winning me over.
    I can see that. Personally, I tend to try a cigar in a couple of sizes and stick with whichever I prefer. When it only comes in one size, that just makes the process easier, lol.